skating withdrawal | Golden Skate

skating withdrawal

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I used to laugh at skating withdrawl, but not now....so much was happening in the US and on the GP circuits and now two weeks off. :confused:
We watched Oly 2010 Ladies short tonight. Miki Ando, who landed a quad in what? 2002? Yuna, Mao, Caro, Flatt, Joannie ROCHETTE's gut wrenching tribute to her late mom, Akiko SUZUKI, and of course 16 year old Mirai, with her parents in the stands thanks to Panasonic...her mom with thydroid cancer.... Free skate tomorrow night.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I watched part of the British championships so I am ok.

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
It's only been one week off! NHK ended a week ago yesterday.

Canadians have had Challenge this weekend. Three rinks, live streaming from all of them.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
We're still catching up with the Olympic Channel coverage of NHK Trophy. Hopefully we'll be all caught up in time for the GPF!

icetug

Medalist
Withdrawal... possibly. There was the Bosphorus Cup with the scores announced so fast that skaters couldn't even reach K&C ;), Kaliszek/Spodyriev PB (unofficial but promising) ans Stephane Walker continuing his Prince programs as an ice dancer (for a change) :). I wouldn't have been watching them during more packed week...

macy

Record Breaker
this reminds me of how bored and antsy i get when the season ends

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
this reminds me of how bored and antsy i get when the season ends

Yes, exactly. I am never bored cause I am retired and dont have any free time but its sad at season's end.
At least the sun has come back by then.

labgoat

I have no words
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I used to laugh at skating withdrawl, but not now....so much was happening in the US and on the GP circuits and now two weeks off. :confused:
We watched Oly 2010 Ladies short tonight. Miki Ando, who landed a quad in what? 2002? Yuna, Mao, Caro, Flatt, Joannie ROCHETTE's gut wrenching tribute to her late mom, Akiko SUZUKI, and of course 16 year old Mirai, with her parents in the stands thanks to Panasonic...her mom with thydroid cancer.... Free skate tomorrow night.

How ironic, I am rewatching the same event - just finished pairs & men. Cute little Denis Ten and Javi Fernandez. Loved Pang & Tong (Pearl Fishers SP + Impossible Dream FS are unsung masterpieces) and Shen & Zhao, beautiful and elegant as always, a gutsy short program from Langlois & Hay after a year off for her due to injury.

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
Yeah, suffering quite a bit, though thankfully I got to see some of Bosphorus Cup, the British Champs as well as the SC Challenge, thanks to a few posters in various threads which I was browsing, and who gave me access to some nice performances. It was lovely to see Deanna Stellato again particularly, although it was also nice to watch the only Dutch Dance couple. I think most of the performances can't be watched any more (taken down, or only available live)but a nice foretaste for GPF as well as Golden Spin all the same!

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Not sure if there will be any livestreams Chris, but Golden Spin is coming up Dec. 4-7. Didn't realize there were so many US skaters there: Jason, Kraz, Camden, Hannah, Knierims, Ashley & Timothy, Danny & Tarah, McNamara & Carpenter, Green & Parsons. I see one of my sentimental favorites listed too -- Donovan Carillo. Good rosters.

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yeah, suffering quite a bit, though thankfully I got to see some of Bosphorus Cup, the British Champs as well as the SC Challenge, thanks to a few posters in various threads which I was browsing, and who gave me access to some nice performances. It was lovely to see Deanna Stellato again particularly, although it was also nice to watch the only Dutch Dance couple. I think most of the performances can't be watched any more (taken down, or only available live)but a nice foretaste for GPF as well as Golden Spin all the same!

Oh, I miss Deanna! How did she do with her new partner? I've always enjoyed her!

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Oh, I miss Deanna! How did she do with her new partner? I've always enjoyed her!

Deanna and Maxime’s short program went very well, and they seemed happy. I found the program itself rather stodgy, but Deanna was her usual elegant and beautiful self.

The long program did not go so well. Deanna fell on throws and jumps. I also was not a fan of whatever sappy movie type music they were using, I am afraid I did not recognize it. ( the short was to New York State of Mind although some sort of Barbra Streisand/ Billy Joel duet rather than just Billy Joel.)

However it was just wonderful to see Deanna again and I hope that the US releases her so that she can compete internationally with Maxime. :clap:

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thx for the update. I miss her. Yes, she may be a little older than the others, but her body didn't experience a lot of the wear and tear since she took a few years off. She still has a lot of skating life left in her! Hope they'll continue to progress as a pair.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
How ironic, I am rewatching the same event - just finished pairs & men. Cute little Denis Ten and Javi Fernandez. Loved Pang & Tong (Pearl Fishers SP + Impossible Dream FS are unsung masterpieces) and Shen & Zhao, beautiful and elegant as always, a gutsy short program from Langlois & Hay after a year off for her due to injury.

Ahhh....Shen and Zhao...I remember a bunch of us in the stands at SkateAmerican Lake Placid 2009-10 skating season yelling in unison "HAPPY BIRTHDAY XUE!" before a comp and she turned to us and smiled....those were the days....

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Not sure if there will be any livestreams Chris, but Golden Spin is coming up Dec. 4-7. Didn't realize there were so many US skaters there: Jason, Kraz, Camden, Hannah, Knierims, Ashley & Timothy, Danny & Tarah, McNamara & Carpenter, Green & Parsons. I see one of my sentimental favorites listed too -- Donovan Carillo. Good rosters.

Thanks! Of course the GPF has priority but maybe there will be some vids to watch.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

I so hope it’ll be live-streamed.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Every time I watch 2010, its a good comp! ;)
Kudus to NBC for doing the whole last group commercial free and a minimum of talk during the skates.....
I need to make a copy of this DVD!

Miki, Mao, where ever you are, I wish you joy....Mirai, you were wonderful!