The amazing confidence in current ladies skating. | Page 2 | Golden Skate

The amazing confidence in current ladies skating.

Dr. Jenn

Medalist
He is thinner than ever. Look at videos. Very skinny now. One must be to do quads. Poor Jason is simply a big guy by today’s standards but I love his skating. That part is pristine quad or no quad.

That's a completely ludicrous statement. There are tons of guys who can do quads who are not 'skinny' by skating standards (i.e., do not have a body type like Yuzuru), and Liza, who just did a good-quality 4T, is not 'skinny' by skating standards either (i.e., she has a curvy body type).

To me, it's not skinny so much as the ability to begin a quick rotation. I do not know much about skating technique, but it looks to me like the Tutberidze method is centered on efficient translation of speed across the ice into angular momentum.

If the Tutberidze girls continue to win everything in sight by 20 points, with at least one of them doing 4 or 5 quads in the free program and challenging Hanyu and Nathan Chen in TES, this will have a huge impact on the future of the sport.

Mishaminion

Record Breaker
I have never seen anything like this burst of confidence enabling the extreme athleticism in the ladies. I realize when young kids are more fearless. We saw this with Prodigies like Tara, and Michelle and other skaters who were very young but phenoms, Mao and Yuna come to mind as confident very young girls. Their whole team of people truly is like a village.

Bradie Tennell has shown great bravery going up against quad kids and triple axel jumpers 5 years her junior. Still she showed great poise and her programs were skated near perfectly in her gp events. So proud with 4 Russians dominating Bradie beat out other top tier skaters to make the final. A huge achievement. Can someone tell me if Bradie plans to do the triple lutz loop? I think she is better choreographed than Alina and that if Alina didn’t get crazy PCs every time out others would beat her more often. Mariah Bell and Bradie may have less tech content but better programs and for me better presentation. It is sad that the three unicorns from Eteri were heavily rewarded outside the tech mark. For me only Alena deserves the PCs. Anyway is there anything that Bradie can do to up her base values? I don’t know what she practices. I hope she does the lutz loop in the long if she can still do it. And while the three Eteri kids are nervous a bit they show remarkable poise. And so it was with Lipnitskaya and then Zhenya. I truly wish I could watch them train for a month to see what it is like there. They all excel at such a young age. What does she say before they take the ice? I hope they do a documentary on the ladies because we may never see skaters again like the current top 8 or so. Too bad Alysia can’t play the game since they allow young teens. She has a wait. I’m so impressed by the ladies and young ladies. It truly is a revolution in singles happen8ng as we speak. Simply incredible.

I love Alena of all the Russian girls due to her sp sass and confidence. It’s so sad we don’t have at least two in the final as in the Gracie and Ashley years.
I kinda hope they change the age so the more exp skaters decide to stay in. Juniors can be promoted much more than they do. One can still be a known household gold champ among skate fans. I personally would like to see Seniors begin at 17 years for ladies and 18 for men. Just a thought.

You completely contradict yourself here.

skateluvr

Record Breaker
That's a completely ludicrous statement. There are tons of guys who can do quads who are not 'skinny' by skating standards (i.e., do not have a body type like Yuzuru), and Liza, who just did a good-quality 4T, is not 'skinny' by skating standards either (i.e., she has a curvy body type).

Liza is tiny. Yes she has developed but can you never imagine the great Katarina Witt able to do the jumps today’s tinier shorter skinnier skaters do? It’s best to have short legs and have center of gravity closer to ice. Shona Uno is an example. Obviously for years it has been heading this way in general. There are exceptions. Btw where was Yuzuru coach staff for today’s sp? What is going on there?

skateluvr

Record Breaker
You completely contradict yourself here.
it is rather that a person who thinks can hold different opinions and feelings at the same time. Not sure what you see as contradictory. It is more like I see the glass half full and half empty at the same time but then on the other hand... ��

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Liza is tiny. Yes she has developed but can you never imagine the great Katarina Witt able to do the jumps today’s tinier shorter skinnier skaters do? It’s best to have short legs and have center of gravity closer to ice. Shona Uno is an example. Obviously for years it has been heading this way in general. There are exceptions. Btw where was Yuzuru coach staff for today’s sp? What is going on there?

Kat really isn't as tall and big as everyone thinks she is from watching her on tv. The only thing that would have thrown off her center a bit with quads today is hips and chest and that's something that could definitely be overcome.