Jon Jackson TSL interview | Golden Skate

Jon Jackson TSL interview

Joekaz

On the Ice
Anyone who doubts corruption in judging should watch this old interview on TSL. The ISU leadership stayed the same. The new system is just as easy or even easier to cheat on than 6.0. And performances arent as pleasing to watch.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Anyone who doubts corruption in judging should watch this old interview on TSL. The ISU leadership stayed the same. The new system is just as easy or even easier to cheat on than 6.0. And performances arent as pleasing to watch.

I don’t need to watch TSL (ugh) to figure that out.

aname

On the Ice
Anyone who doubts corruption in judging should watch this old interview on TSL.
This one? https://youtu.be/T6C9LULf8po

IMO it's maybe a bit misleading to call this a "TSL interview", given that it was conducted by other people for other purposes. From the video description:
The Lost Skating Interviews
David Barba and James Pellerito conducted a series of interviews with influentials figure skaters and officials for an untitled skating project that was never completed. They graciously donated the interviews to TSL in 2013.
I applaud TSL for making these old interviews publicly available on their YT channel, although I'm not surprised that some people here will categorically refuse to watch any content that's even tangentially related to Dave Lease.

Joekaz

On the Ice

IMO it's maybe a bit misleading to call this a "TSL interview", given that it was conducted by other people for other purposes. From the video description:

I applaud TSL for making these old interviews publicly available on their YT channel, although I'm not surprised that some people here will categorically refuse to watch any content that's even tangentially related to Dave Lease.
I was just trying to identify it to make it easily found. I already read his book which is in much greater detail. I don't concern myself with thin skinned people that refuse to gain information because someone critisized their favorite, so the TSL anglle never occured to me. Lol

katymay

Medalist
I was just trying to identify it to make it easily found. I already read his book which is in much greater detail. I don't concern myself with thin skinned people that refuse to gain information because someone critisized their favorite, so the TSL anglle never occured to me. Lol

Thanks to the wonderful people who time stamp TSL's videos, I can easily navigate past the parts where I'm sure he criticizes my favorites. LOL. TSL has posted some wonderful videos and interviews. If people boycott because of their views on certain skaters, they really are missing out.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

That’d be me.

rollerblade

Record Breaker
They are talking about Jon Jackson's observation, not Dave Lease's.

Dave does not appear in the video at all.

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I believe Jon Jackson was banned for life from judging ISU events after he had the audacity to try to break away from the ISU after the 2002 cheating scandal. Of course the French judge who cheated and her federation chief, Didier G., are back in.

Finley

Record Breaker
That was a truly fascinating interview. Now I want to read his book!

Bcash

Final Flight
Even just the first couple minutes already proved highly interesting and informative. I’ve always heard people talk about the waning clout of figure skating and how it’s losing audience. I didn’t know that the majority of ISU revenue comes from figure skating which is then evenly split and shared between speed skating and FS.