New clear bag policy | Page 2 | Golden Skate

New clear bag policy

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
A 2.5 gallon zip-lock bag is fine, if you have one with you.

I was wondering what they do about people who show up with a non-see-through bag of "stuff" (or stuffies), and don't have a see-through bag or place to store their excess "stuff" (usually a car). Do they just not let you in until you solve the problem yourself? Do you have to dump your excess stuff in the bushes and hope it's there after the show? Do you take a cab to the nearest clear-bag-vendor and come back? Do they have coin-operated lockers (outside the secure area) where you can stow it? Can you go through another llne with metal detectors and physical searches?

I would have been totally unprepared for a clear-bag policy at Skate Canada. I would hope they would make extraordinary efforts to prepare people (e-mails, big warnings on ticket-buying sites, bold print on the tickets themselves) for this policy. But there will always be people who didn't get the message and aren't prepared.

My daughter-in-law was visiting us when they instituted the no-liquids-rule for airplanes (this was for a short time, before they replaced it with the limited-liquids-in-clear-bag-rule). We heard about it and told her about it, but she still had a problem with a tiny tube of expensive make-up. She would have had to throw it away to get on her home-bound plane, but a kindly screener let her go back and give it to me.

Feel the love? Inconsistant and changing enforcement of published rules drives me crazy. I dont mind rules if they are published, and one may ask questions and get valid answers in advance. This isnt rocket science. I loved Vegas but on the first day the supervisors of the arena were still trying to figure out if they would adhere to their "no in and out" rule for all day practice!!!!" It would be trivial for USFS to hand the bidders of an event a sheet of what happens at these events.

At worlds 2009 LA there was a check room for all those that didnt read the "no big camera lens" policy. Many were reluctant to leave their $10,000 lens with a cloke room attendant. Or in their car if they had one. But it was a published rule.

Here, I would have a clear plastic garbage bag or two with me for big stuffed toys.
Not that GSers would ever have anything to do with throwing large toys on the ice...