Brian Orser not at Grand Prix? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Brian Orser not at Grand Prix?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fzztsimmons

On the Ice
The infantilisation of yuzuru by his fans is genuinely ridiculous. He is a 25-year old man and an elite athlete, he is more than capable of deciding which coach he would like to accompany him to competition. He is also mature enough to understand that coaches have other commitments that they have to prioritise. Yuzuru is not his only student, and Brian is not his only coach. People are acting as if Yuzuru brought along some random man off the streets instead of the actual jump technician that he works with at TCC and has accompanied him to competitions before.

Yuzuru was allowed one coach, Brian had other commitments, Ghislain was free but was delayed due to his passport being stolen. It's literally clear as day what happened, these conspiracy theories are ridiculous.

Mishaminion

Record Breaker
Don't you think that if all was fine and that it had been a simple mishap somewhere along the way, there would have not been all these conficting explanations?

If a machine that has worked flawlessly for 7 years suddenly coughs big time, almost stops working, you try to figure out what is wrong with it. In the very few previous occasions when something irregular has occurred, the explanation has been simple and clear, one message. This is just such a big anomaly, that it makes me wonder what is really going on behind the scenes.

I am not trying to lay blame on anyone for anything, I am just truly wondering how this has gotten handled so badly...

e

Maybe it really is just that there are multiple reasons for how this came about.
Some of those reported reasons may not even be true, be pure speculation or misreported in general.

Mishaminion

Record Breaker
The infantilisation of yuzuru by his fans is genuinely ridiculous. He is a 25-year old man and an elite athlete, he is more than capable of deciding which coach he would like to accompany him to competition. He is also mature enough to understand that coaches have other commitments that they have to prioritise. Yuzuru is not his only student, and Brian is not his only coach. People are acting as if Yuzuru brought along some random man off the streets instead of the actual jump technician that he works with at TCC and has accompanied him to competitions before.

Yuzuru was allowed one coach, Brian had other commitments, Ghislain was free but was delayed due to his passport being stolen. It's literally clear as day what happened, these conspiracy theories are ridiculous.

But Brian is not allowed to have other commitments apparently it seems.
And Ghislain is not allowed to be a good coach to take along because..well I don't know why people seem to think that

giulia95

Medalist

Mishaminion

Record Breaker
He just got on with it and kept going, without whining or swelling on it too much.

Mad respect for his mentality.

noskates

Record Breaker
Do you really think at this juncture in his career that Brian missing a competition is going to make that big of a difference to Hanyu? It probably wasn't a big secret kept from him that Brian's passport wasn't cleared or whatever. He had a bad competition. As others have said - he had a couple of bad skates. It happens. The ice is slippery. I'm respectful that he isn't making excuses.

yude

Record Breaker
What a gossipy thread.

I know you guy don't want to come to Hanyu's fanfest or are not interested in him, but this topic has already be finished there right after Ghislain arrived. We have two official information, one from Hanyu and the other from Ghislain, which have been stated by other posters here, and the rest are all speculations.

waltzjump2

Rinkside

This whole thread is turning nothing into something, no?

Mishaminion

Record Breaker
Do you really think at this juncture in his career that Brian missing a competition is going to make that big of a difference to Hanyu? It probably wasn't a big secret kept from him that Brian's passport wasn't cleared or whatever. He had a bad competition. As others have said - he had a couple of bad skates. It happens. The ice is slippery. I'm respectful that he isn't making excuses.

I wouldn't say he had a bad competition, and he really did pour everything he had into that FS!

Mishaminion

Record Breaker
What a gossipy thread.

I know you guy don't want to come to Hanyu's fanfest or are not interested in him, but this topic has already be finished there right after Ghislain arrived. We have two official information, one from Hanyu and the other from Ghislain, which have been stated by other posters here, and the rest are all speculations.

There's always a ridiculous amount of speculation, and even though there have been official statements by Yuzu and Ghislain there will be people who dismiss those, even to the point if accusing THEM of lying or hiding something.

hanyuufan5

✨**:。*
Medalist
What I want to know is where this "one coach per skater" thing came from. That seems hugely unfair to skaters who are their coaches' only pupil in the competition. Like, the Sambo-70 crowd could have had half the coaches and a few janitors, but Yuzu only gets one? I don't remember ever hearing complaints about skaters bringing too many coaches. Why make a rule about a non-problem?

Supernovaimplosion

Final Flight
What I want to know is where this "one coach per skater" thing came from. That seems hugely unfair to skaters who are their coaches' only pupil in the competition. Like, the Sambo-70 crowd could have had half the coaches and a few janitors, but Yuzu only gets one? I don't remember ever hearing complaints about skaters bringing too many coaches. Why make a rule about a non-problem?

This is what the thread should be about :laugh: what a weird rule

Status
Not open for further replies.