Edge vs. Toe Jumpers and Adding Revolutions? | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Edge vs. Toe Jumpers and Adding Revolutions?

jersey1302

On the Ice
Country
Canada
with the exception of a toe loop I definitely prefer edge jumps. My flip is..meh.. lutz.. next to non existent, toe loop is very strong. All the edge jumps I'm good with. Ive finally got the technique on my take off that allows me to jump just as high as the vault the pick gives you for the toe pick jumps too.. only took 15 years LOL

hanyuufan5

✨**:。*
Medalist
with the exception of a toe loop I definitely prefer edge jumps. My flip is..meh.. lutz.. next to non existent, toe loop is very strong. All the edge jumps I'm good with. Ive finally got the technique on my take off that allows me to jump just as high as the vault the pick gives you for the toe pick jumps too.. only took 15 years LOL

Better late than never! :laugh: Congratulations!

kolyadafan2002

Fan of Kolyada
Final Flight
I'm also gonna add to this topic as there is something else:

Often when you add more revolutions you put in too much effort. This can change your technique, and sometimes mess up jump technique for jumps with lower revolutions. Often good idea to only do a few of higher jump you're learning, then a couple of the jump with less revolutions to stabilise technique, then go back to the hard jump.

I've now developed an issue where I rock into inside edge on double lutz, yet have a decent outside edge when I shoot triple.