Olympic figure skater, coaches being investigated for allegations | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Olympic figure skater, coaches being investigated for allegations

RobinA

On the Ice
Is he sending these pictures to Minor Children? Lord knows, I've had some racy pictures sent to me but, I'm in my 50's and just brush them aside. This is a serious situation and needs to be handled with strict justice. Cleary, people haven't learned from John's Coughlin's mistake.

Nobody, it seems learns from anybody's mistake. How many people, at this point, have been taken down IN THE NEWS by sleazy phone pictures????? Why do they keep doing it??? It's just freakin' stupid. Same for high level attempts to cover it up. Don't do because it's wrong. If you can't manage that, don't do it because you WILL get caught.

Oreo

On the Ice
This brings to mind the case of Anthony Weiner who would send sexually explicit photos of himself to women, which he admitted to. And then he sexted a picture of his dick to a 15 year old girl. After an eventual plea deal he was sentenced to 21 months in prison and must register as a sex offender for the rest of his life.

And my question is do guys really think women/underage girls get excited over photos of their dicks? I mean, yuk!

Metis

Shepherdess of the Teal Deer
Record Breaker
This brings to mind the case of Anthony Weiner who would send sexually explicit photos of himself to women, which he admitted to. And then he sexted a picture of his dick to a 15 year old girl. After an eventual plea deal he was sentenced to 21 months in prison and must register as a sex offender for the rest of his life.

And my question is do guys really think women/underage girls get excited over photos of their dicks? I mean, yuk!

They receive gratification from the act of exposing themselves to their victim, both due to the ‘taboo’ and the power differential. The point isn’t to arouse the victim with explicit photos but to arouse themselves. What the victim thinks and feels about it isn’t part of the equation.

Alegria

On the Ice
Country
Ukraine
The article does not indicate how they found out, just that they did. This may not be information that can be shared yet.

I understand. But I think some important part of the story is missed.
Girl and her parents admitted that she was bribed to ask for photos. So why Zimmerman and Fontana intimidated the girl with that "she was at fault for receiving the pictures because she was a “pretty girl and men have their needs”. They just could say that she asked for that photos herself. And why "guilty" Morgan and Dispenza immediately ran to Zimmerman and Fontana and admitted their wrong doings?
I don't want to say, that girl is lying. I just want to say, that there must be more to the story.

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
I'm glad people have all the evidence needed for an evaluation at their disposal to make strong claims about the guilt...:sarcasm:

Just today, there was a terrible mass shooting in my country in the city of Ostrava, shooter came to a waiting room in hospital, shot 6 people dead and wounded another 3. In those things we are quick learners it seems. Police chased the shooter and when the capture was inevitable, he commited suicide. But why I'm mentioning this. Before that a picture of a "suspect" was published, but for some mistake it was completely different man. For a hals of an hour all serverrs here showed the face of innocent guy making him a perpetrator in the eyes of the public. And it seems that just this half hour was ehnough that him and his family started to be bullied, terrorized and all the beauty that righteously indignant crowd is capable of.

So, spare me of conclusions made out of the newspapers. Justice doesn't belong to the crowd.

I watched this on the news this morning..... on a civilized level something dies in each of us when something like this happens ... my sympathies..

tothepointe

On the Ice
Before allegations and accusations are flung about, I wish Miss Brennan would wait until an investigation is completed. Lives are ruined by such allegations, and those accused deserve a presumption of innocence unless or until the facts prove otherwise. The allegation presented here constitute a crime, and if true would result in criminal charges, not just a Safe Sport action.

Sorry but no. It doesn't work like that. When someone is arrested and/or accused of anything and they are a public figure it gets reported in the media. This Safe Sport action is publically available information.

I'm tired of people trying to stuff sexual abuse and stuff like this back into the closet. Tired of people trying to give the perpetrators more rights than the victims. This girls life and career could have already been ruined. Most incidents like this never get prosecuted but it doesn't mean they didn't happen.

believed

On the Ice
Girl and her parents admitted that she was bribed to ask for photos. So why Zimmerman and Fontana intimidated the girl with that "she was at fault for receiving the pictures because she was a “pretty girl and men have their needs”. They just could say that she asked for that photos herself. And why "guilty" Morgan and Dispenza immediately ran to Zimmerman and Fontana and admitted their wrong doings?
I don't want to say, that girl is lying. I just want to say, that there must be more to the story.

No, they said that they were offered a bribe.

"The girl and her parents said a fourth adult also was involved in the alleged incident. Vinny Dispenza, another coach at the AdventHealth Center Ice rink, allegedly told the girl and another underage girl, whose family could not be reached for comment, to message Cipres asking him to send the photos to the girls in exchange for the promise of a pizza from Dispenza."

Ophelia

Record Breaker
They receive gratification from the act of exposing themselves to their victim, both due to the ‘taboo’ and the power differential. The point isn’t to arouse the victim with explicit photos but to arouse themselves. What the victim thinks and feels about it isn’t part of the equation.

This.

Alegria

On the Ice
Country
Ukraine
No, they said that they were offered a bribe.
I know, but anyway she asked. If she did it on her own will, why she was so shocked to see content? I can think of only one explanation: she thought it was a game and asked for "the last photo he made" or something like this. That is why she was shocked to see dirty photos. And Dispenza was shocked. That is why he informed Zimmerman and Fontana.

Ophelia

Record Breaker
I know, but anyway she asked. If she did it on her own will, why she was so shocked to see content? I can think of only one explanation: she thought it was a game and asked for "the last photo he made" or something like this. That is why she was shocked to see dirty photos. And Dispenza was shocked. That is why he informed Zimmerman and Fontana.

The level of mental gymnastics here at play...

Supernovaimplosion

Final Flight

It doesnt say she asked. And it doesnt matter anyway. She could beg him for photos, but it would be up to Morgan, as the adult, to refuse. Even if she did ask, which isn't implied in the article, Morgan would still be at fault

Alegria

On the Ice
Country
Ukraine
It doesnt say she asked. And it doesnt matter anyway. She could beg him for photos, but it would be up to Morgan, as the adult, to refuse. Even if she did ask, which isn't implied in the article, Morgan would still be at fault
I never said it was ok to send those photos. I think it's not ok even it's wife/husband photos.

Metis

Shepherdess of the Teal Deer
Record Breaker

Her coach, who was in a position of power over her, told her to make the request with the “bribe” of buying her pizza afterward, likely to make the situation seem like a joke. She made the request because she was ordered to. Why did her coach order her to contact Cipres? Because both he and Cipres derived sexual gratification from exploiting a minor. Her coach was able to see her reaction and Cipres was able to expose himself. It’s absolutely disgusting and appalling (although sadly not uncommon), but, sure, let’s blame the minor child who only did what her coach ordered her to do. She was asking for it, right? Everyone knows girls who eat pizza are ‘asking for it.’

believed

On the Ice
Her coach, who was in a position of power over her, told her to make the request with the “bribe” of buying her pizza afterward, likely to make the situation seem like a joke. She made the request because she was ordered to. Why did her coach order her to contact Cipres? Because both he and Cipres derived sexual gratification from exploiting a minor. Her coach was able to see her reaction and Cipres was able to expose himself. It’s absolutely disgusting and appalling (although sadly not uncommon), but, sure, let’s blame the minor child who only did what her coach ordered her to do. She was asking for it, right? Everyone knows girls who eat pizza are ‘asking for it.’

This should be stated with the addition that there is no indication that she ever asked. The story only says that the girls were told to ask.

ruga

Final Flight
13 years is certainy below age of consent no matter what the situation is. If any 13 year old, willingly or unwillingly, asks for such picture from a grown man, a natural response should be to report such requests to their parents or other responsible people or at very least ignore it. Sending explicit content to someone way below the age of consent is not okay in any case.

Alegria

On the Ice
Country
Ukraine

Yes, that's it! But girl and her parents didn't say that she was threaten to ask. As I understand, that they mostly blame Zimmerman and Fontana. That is why I said, some parts are missed or were badly explained.
I'm sure girl is victim anyway :(