Ted Barton will cover Russian Nat on world Wide stream! | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Ted Barton will cover Russian Nat on world Wide stream!

Marian

Spectator
Country
Spain
Wonderful news! I used to watch Russian Nationals last years but this time will be more interesting with Ted because I don't understand any Russian at all. Let's hope he will be working for many years in the future, and not only during Junior Grand Prix Series. He really deserves a monument.

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Krasnoyarsk by the end of December shouldn't really bother him, as a Canadian he is used to cold winters.

That would be true if he were from rural Quebec. However, he lives in the Vancouver area, which has one of the mildest (although also rainiest) climates in Canada. The coldest months are Dec/Jan with an average low temperature of +3 centigrade and an average of 15n days of rain per month!

It does snow occasionally, which causes traffic chaos as few people know how to drive on snowy roads.

DenissVFan

Medalist
With the ISU streams and the RusNats broadcast, it finally feels like figure skating is embracing the 21st century.

MGstyle

Crawling around on the ice after chestnuts
Medalist
Haaaallelujah, haaaaallelujah :hap93: Tis the season to be jolly Ted Claus is coming to town!!!! :hap85::hap10:

katymay

Medalist
The last two years all of the women (almost) skated lights out-I hope this doesn't add too much pressure to the ladies. Still, very excited for Ted Barton and Russian Nationals coverage.

Noxchild

Medalist
Country
Canada
Hurrah! Looking forward to a stable stream and Ted's kind words. I cannot imagine how Russian Nationals will turn out yet, but I've got my popcorn on hand 😈

readernick

Medalist
That is great because all the Russian commentators (almost all the commentators in all languages) speak through the performance. Ted knows when to stop talking. I wish he would commentate Japanese and American nationals, too.

readernick

Medalist
The last two years all of the women (almost) skated lights out-I hope this doesn't add too much pressure to the ladies. Still, very excited for Ted Barton and Russian Nationals coverage.

I wouldn't describe last year's LP at Russian nationals as a "lights out" performance. The senior ladies just survived their LPs, only the 3A skated well. However, I think the 3A, Med, and Tuk are likely to out out great performances this year. I don't think an international stream will add any pressure.

MCsAngel2

On the Ice
Wait, does anyone know how/where we can watch it in the US? On a YouTube stream? On NBC gold pass? On broadcast tv?

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Wait, does anyone know how/where we can watch it in the US? On a YouTube stream? On NBC gold pass? On broadcast tv?
Considering they’ve aired all the other streams on the ISU Skating channel on youtube, if I were a betting man... :agree:

Manitou

Medalist
What is that World Wide Stream? It’s not going to be on NBC Gold?
And if it’s going to be a live stream wherever it’s going to be on, is it going to be recorded for later viewing?

desp

Rinkside
What is that World Wide Stream? It’s not going to be on NBC Gold?
And if it’s going to be a live stream wherever it’s going to be on, is it going to be recorded for later viewing?
Live stream (RU and EN) will be at the Russian 1tv website (already scheduled). I don't know how about 1tv Youtube Channel, but definitely not at ISU Channel or NBC. Ted was invited by 1tv to make English language coverage, it has nothing to do with ISU.

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Live stream (RU and EN) will be at the Russian 1tv website (already scheduled). I don't know how about 1tv Youtube Channel, but definitely not at ISU Channel or NBC. Ted was invited by 1tv to make English language coverage, it has nothing to do with ISU.
For real? Hhhmmm... I am surprised. But yes, I understand your point. The website isn’t geoblocked? Can they unblock it partly for the stream? And how “safe” is that website? Do people need to load their browser with ad blockers etc.?

I really really hope they will link to a youtube stream (mostly because it’s easier to stream on my telly, *grin*).

DenissVFan

Medalist
For real? Hhhmmm... I am surprised. The website isn’t geoblocked? Can they unblock it partly for the stream? And how “safe” is that website? Do people need to load their browser with ad blockers etc.?

I really really hope they will link to a youtube stream. :-(

Safe? This is the website of an actual TV channel, not an illegal streaming website that many of us (and also many skaters, judging by their social media posts) had to rely on in the past.