Lysacek Marries Duangpatra Bodiratnangkura In Thailand | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Lysacek Marries Duangpatra Bodiratnangkura In Thailand

skateluvr

Record Breaker
She did design her dresses so I guess all thre are still friends. Evan certainly moves in wealthy circles. Do we know if the Lysacek family was or is well to do? It didn’t seem like Evan never needed to do shows or eek out a skating living all over the world like many an Oly Gold medalist did. I believe he was with Vera a long time not just work for her company. He really could become a great tuxedo model. I’ll never forget his Swarovski crystal snake costume designed by Vera. I didn’t care for it. Much more a fan of what she did for Kerrigan and of course so many Kwan dresses. Doubt many skaters today could afford a Vera Wang costume.

Ophelia

Record Breaker
She did design her dresses so I guess all thre are still friends. Evan certainly moves in wealthy circles. Do we know if the Lysacek family was or is well to do?

His wife is a real-life Crazy Rich Asian. Her family is old Thai money and is involved in real estate, hospitality, and government. Lysacek married up.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
She did design her dresses so I guess all thre are still friends. Evan certainly moves in wealthy circles. Do we know if the Lysacek family was or is well to do? It didn’t seem like Evan never needed to do shows or eek out a skating living all over the world like many an Oly Gold medalist did. I believe he was with Vera a long time not just work for her company. He really could become a great tuxedo model. I’ll never forget his Swarovski crystal snake costume designed by Vera. I didn’t care for it. Much more a fan of what she did for Kerrigan and of course so many Kwan dresses. Doubt many skaters today could afford a Vera Wang costume.

I think he could be a catalogue model for tuxes but he isn't the greatest or comes off the best when he opens his mouth. He can communicate but not the greatest speaker - I remember this coming up in a marketing course about spokespeole and he was analyzed by a classmate.

Manitou

Medalist
I think it took Evan some time to learn her name, but once he got it they must have been already in love.
Waiting for some other skater to marry a Polish girl named Świętosława Brzęczyszczykiewicz. :)

skateluvr

Record Breaker
Lol. Well he must be very charming as that girl could marry anyone. Loved her dress.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker

Vera has struggled with mens outfits. Sometimes it is hard to see the intention or relaton to the programs and sometimes they seem illfitting and not at all in synch with the skating ie Nathan Chen's recent shirts by her I believe. She seemed to be falling down the designer rankings but her recent red number for the Golden Globes may have elevated her yet again - though the dress or versions of it have been seen by many. Ms. Wang shot to fame and fortune with the Kerrigan white 1992 number.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Vera has struggled with mens outfits. Sometimes it is hard to see the intention or relaton to the programs and sometimes they seem illfitting and not at all in synch with the skating ie Nathan Chen's recent shirts by her I believe. She seemed to be falling down the designer rankings but her recent red number for the Golden Globes may have elevated her yet again - though the dress or versions of it have been seen by many. Ms. Wang shot to fame and fortune with the Kerrigan white 1992 number.

That was 1994.

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
^ He's 34 and she's 41. Not really a big deal.

I agree, no big deal. One of the happiest, most compatible couples I know just had their first baby. She's 41 and he's 32.

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
I don´t know about the wealth of Lysacek family, but have gotten the impression that there never was a question of him being able to train the skating. LOL, in an interview Evan´s mother told that as the young Evan went early in the morning to the practices, the rest of the family slept. He took care of all himself. And much, much later he was able to afford Frank Carroll as his coach. Plus he spent time on Kudriatshev training camps. The coaches and choreographers: https://www.wikizeroo.org/index.php?q=aHR0cHM6Ly9lbi53aWtpcGVkaWEub3JnL3dpa2kvRXZhbl9MeXNhY2Vr

I think this was the interview with Evan´s mother:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xOJxtW2zOQ

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
That was 1994.

OH thanks Rabbit. My mind must be faltering - I thought 1994 was the Swarovzki heat set dress by Wang in the FS and maybe a black and white number in the sp. Anywyas the white drapping dress with illusion sleeves is what gave Vera Wang and Kerrigan prominience in the fashion and skating world.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Turns out the infamous and iconic white Vera Wang dress Nancy wore was 1992. It makes sense. The gold dress with heat set swarovski crystals was to be Nancy crowning glory to olympic gold in 1994 when she was the favorite.

noskates

Record Breaker
I think it took Evan some time to learn her name, but once he got it they must have been already in love.
Waiting for some other skater to marry a Polish girl named Świętosława Brzęczyszczykiewicz. :)

This made me laugh out loud!!!! That name looks like someone barfed the alphabet. This Italian wouldn't begin to know how to pronounce it.

Evan was NOT a communicator. He speaks in a monotone voice and always seemed uncomfortable in front of the cameras.