Opinion on Graf Galaxy boots? | Golden Skate

Opinion on Graf Galaxy boots?

bunhead626

Rinkside
I was wondering if any of you have had any experience skating in Graf Galaxy boots? I found a pair that fit me well on clearance and snapped them up, but am worried I should have asked you guys first! I'd appreciate any and all of your insight.

Current skates: Graf Richmond Specials with MK Pro blades.

WednesdayMarch

Nicer When Fed
Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
I was wondering if any of you have had any experience skating in Graf Galaxy boots? I found a pair that fit me well on clearance and snapped them up, but am worried I should have asked you guys first! I'd appreciate any and all of your insight.

Graf's website lists them as being "top level" boots, higher than the Richmond. I found a pair of Graf Dance in my size on clearance and snapped them up. Best boots I've ever skated in, and I've worn Alviera, Belati, Risport and SP-Teri before these. I can't see why you'd have any problem at all. You may find them a bit stiffer than your Richmond Specials. If they're comfortable and you can bend in them, then you should be fine.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics

They're definitely higher level and stiffer than your current Graf boot. I've worn the special edition galaxy to test them. I used to wear Edmonton Specials to compete awhile ago, I switched to Risport and then Jacksons after them.

I think you should be okay in a Galaxy if you're currently in Richmond Specials, but I would honestly upgrade to a Phantom or Gold Star blade on them.

Good luck!

bunhead626

Rinkside
Since the Galaxys are made of synthetic material, did you find them difficult to break-in? I've only had leather boots and was planning to stick with old-school skates until I found this particular pair.

I like that they are cut slightly wider than the Richmond Specials so I was able to fit the S width, when I'm usually a M in Graf boots. So far, I have only worn these boots after they were baked, so I don't know how they will feel on the ice YET.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Since the Galaxys are made of synthetic material, did you find them difficult to break-in? I've only had leather boots and was planning to stick with old-school skates until I found this particular pair.

I like that they are cut slightly wider than the Richmond Specials so I was able to fit the S width, when I'm usually a M in Graf boots. So far, I have only worn these boots after they were baked, so I don't know how they will feel on the ice YET.

No, but then again, I'm used to breaking in very stiff leather boots. I wasn't fond of them though because I like stiff LEATHER boots. :laugh: