Cats | Golden Skate

Cats

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I have never seen the musical "Cats" but I like the music. I saw a blurb on TV for the movie and it seems like something I would want to stream....
Now I see all the critics are dumping on it so bad they are re-editing the movie?????????

Anyone see it? Is it really that bad?

MalAssada

Medalist
I haven't watched it, but I'm considering going BECAUSE of the bad critics. It sounds like something that would make me laugh.

Ross74

Medalist
I haven't watched it, but I'm considering going BECAUSE of the bad critics. It sounds like something that would make me laugh.

My visiting son just saw it and said it’s a terrible movie but a rollicking good time! :) He also said it’s the closest thing he’s ever seen to the movie The Room.

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
I saw the musical years ago and felt it would be difficult to translate to the screen basically because it is a theater experience .... fog emanated into the audience and the cats left the stage and danced around us in the audience. . the kids loved it!!! It follows closely, too, T.S. Elliot's poem "Old Possom's Book of Practical Cats" in song and the poetry/rhyme aspect might not appeal to everyone. Not yet seen the film but am curious..... WHY open it on the same day as Star Wars IX: Rise of Skywalker..WHO made that dumb decision?!

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Just the CGI on the posters and trailers is giving me the creeps.

They're gonna be the mainstay of the furry kink people, but that's about it. Everything I've heard is that it's a disaster trainwreck.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
We've seen the show on the National tour. While I like most of the music, there isn't much of a plot (yeah, I fully realize it's based on poems). Personally I have no desire to see the movie version. If we see it @ all, we'll wait to rent it through Netflix.

For the record, my favorite Andrew Lloyd Webber musical is "Joseph & the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat."