Medvedeva's boot problem at Nationals | Page 12 | Golden Skate

Medvedeva's boot problem at Nationals

skateluvr

Record Breaker
Sorry but what is this bagged milk about. It is OT but I have no clue to what you refer. Anyway I truly hope Evgenia finds a way forward. She is very brave to keep fighting. Listen to Orser and Summers talk about being silver by a hair. Or Patrick Chan. These are proud athletes and this sport does inflict its share of pain in many ways. Her skating skills are still improving and she loves to skate. I hope she finds her ideal boots and that somehow we see her again. I realize now other than in show clips on YouTube that may not happen again.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Sorry but what is this bagged milk about. It is OT but I have no clue to what you refer. Anyway I truly hope Evgenia finds a way forward. She is very brave to keep fighting. Listen to Orser and Summers talk about being silver by a hair. Or Patrick Chan. These are proud athletes and this sport does inflict its share of pain in many ways. Her skating skills are still improving and she loves to skate. I hope she finds her ideal boots and that somehow we see her again. I realize now other than in show clips on YouTube that may not happen again.

We were just having fun about thread drift. About a year ago, a thread drifted into a discussion of bagged milk.

I will say no more so it does not drift there again:)

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
We were just having fun about thread drift. About a year ago, a thread drifted into a discussion of bagged milk.

I will say no more so it does not drift there again:)

Also there was an entire Le Cafe thread about Bagged Milk. Very educational. My best thread ever.

labgoat

I have no words
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

In the US milk is purchased in cartons or plastic jugs, in Canada milk is purchased in plastic bags in certain areas.

Figure 8's

On the Ice
I think the fact the students were laughing shows how poorly Zhenya is being treated behind her back by these little girls. I see groupthink at work here. Eteri was smirking because she does not buy the story of the boot and wanted us all to know it. Trusova was simply disrespectful. That club is a viper pit at this point in terms of back stabbing. All that Russian Drama from Eteri and Plushenko and Tat shows what these people are really like to each other behind the scenes. Catty doesn’t begin to describe it. More people leave this group than stay and be treated like leftovers. And for very good reason. We are not blind and stupid. Alina looked miserable around all of them. My hope she is done with that group. Only more tears are there unless she is capable and willing to learn trixel and two quads. Why should she risk great injury if they no longer respect what she can do? She should have quit before allowing them to humiliate her. But herOly means a lot to these girls, Zhenya didn’t leave her country just her coach and they are making her pay. A two time world champion. I really wonder how Zhenya is being treated these days by the arussian Fed. Probably like a traitor because she went to Canada which is very sad. I now see she could never skate for another country to stay at the top because they would just stab her some more. Her very best is no longer respected and she is a mature skater now in every way. What a pity.

The drama over there gets very annoying. I’ll bet the majority if they watched agree with what I saw. It was disrespectful to Zhenya and her team. Orser is too classy to be drawn into it.

Eteri threw total shade last year at Orser after Zhenya went to him, by telling us in interview how much she loved Boitano. Really, Boitano? Not the great Russians Victor Petrenko or Urmanov? She is very nationalistic. They all are. I can’t believe how egotistical these people are. Children watch the adults in the room and fall in line and imitate. That is what I am seeing. Who even knows how Zhenya was treated in Russia this time by this gang of coaches and girls who think she is a has been at this point. I have never seen such OPEN backstabbing in US, Canada or Japan as what has been happening with the Russian coaches. It seems rather cutthroat to me. I’m sure it can be cutthroat in every federation but never can I recall Drama like this. Please let us not include the once in a life time mess of Tonya. Let us not forget Butyrskaya had her car blown up.

For Drama this group takes the cake.

You have no idea what Alexandra was laughing at. It is you who is being overly Dramatic. I remember some years ago sitting behind the skaters waiting to skate. One of the elite Skaters fell and they all laughed. I realized it was not because they were happy she fell but a nervous laugh. They knew it could have been one of them Maybe you ought to give that some tought.

Scott512

Record Breaker
I think the fact the students were laughing shows how poorly Zhenya is being treated behind her back by these little girls. I see groupthink at work here. Eteri was smirking because she does not buy the story of the boot and wanted us all to know it. Trusova was simply disrespectful. That club is a viper pit at this point in terms of back stabbing. All that Russian Drama from Eteri and Plushenko and Tat shows what these people are really like to each other behind the scenes. Catty doesn’t begin to describe it. More people leave this group than stay and be treated like leftovers. And for very good reason. We are not blind and stupid. Alina looked miserable around all of them. My hope she is done with that group. Only more tears are there unless she is capable and willing to learn trixel and two quads. Why should she risk great injury if they no longer respect what she can do? She should have quit before allowing them to humiliate her. But herOly means a lot to these girls, Zhenya didn’t leave her country just her coach and they are making her pay. A two time world champion. I really wonder how Zhenya is being treated these days by the arussian Fed. Probably like a traitor because she went to Canada which is very sad. I now see she could never skate for another country to stay at the top because they would just stab her some more. Her very best is no longer respected and she is a mature skater now in every way. What a pity.

The drama over there gets very annoying. I’ll bet the majority if they watched agree with what I saw. It was disrespectful to Zhenya and her team. Orser is too classy to be drawn into it.

Eteri threw total shade last year at Orser after Zhenya went to him, by telling us in interview how much she loved Boitano. Really, Boitano? Not the great Russians Victor Petrenko or Urmanov? She is very nationalistic. They all are. I can’t believe how egotistical these people are. Children watch the adults in the room and fall in line and imitate. That is what I am seeing. Who even knows how Zhenya was treated in Russia this time by this gang of coaches and girls who think she is a has been at this point. I have never seen such OPEN backstabbing in US, Canada or Japan as what has been happening with the Russian coaches. It seems rather cutthroat to me. I’m sure it can be cutthroat in every federation but never can I recall Drama like this. Please let us not include the once in a life time mess of Tonya. Let us not forget Butyrskaya had her car blown up.

For Drama this group takes the cake.

Wow I don't know where to start and know where to finish with your post. But I think it's largely an overreaction. No doubt eteri is still upset that Zhenya left her after 11 amazing years. But the 3A girls without question admire and look up to Zhenya. They all knew Zhenya was going to withdraw so was no breaking news to them the way it was the fans in the arena.

Eteris comment about preferring Brian Boitano to Brian Orser was proof to me that Zhenya leaving her cut so deeply in her heart and soul that she may never really get over it as crazy as that sounds. But that was then and this is now. And Eteri has her hands full with an incredible stable. But I also have no doubt that she misses Evgenia more than Evgenia misses her and that has to sting this incredible coach.

4A girls are not catty at all and never ever misbehave. Nothing but class and respect to everyone. No skater at Sambo-70 does or ever has as far as I know.

Alina was not as happy this season because she didn't win events like she had her previous two seasons. Alina is not miserable around her younger teammates. She also knows what 3A are doing to her is what she did to Zhenya. There's an old saying by a wise man - This is sports and this is life.

Tavi...

Record Breaker
You have no idea what Alexandra was laughing at. It is you who is being overly Dramatic. I remember some years ago sitting behind the skaters waiting to skate. One of the elite Skaters fell and they all laughed. I realized it was not because they were happy she fell but a nervous laugh. They knew it could have been one of them Maybe you ought to give that some tought.

You do realize that unless you asked each one of the skaters in that group why they were laughing, your “realization” was just an assumption, too?

Greengemmonster

On the Ice
Back to boots discussion, I read on Twitter that Rika is bringing 5 pairs of boots to her Colorado training camp.

After stressing about her and her boots last year that news made me chuckle out loud.

I wonder if she has broken them all in and is now super paranoid after what happened last year.

Scott512

Record Breaker
Back to boots discussion, I read on Twitter that Rika is bringing 5 pairs of boots to her Colorado training camp.

After stressing about her and her boots last year that news made me chuckle out loud.

I wonder if she has broken them all in and is now super paranoid after what happened last year.

5? Never heard of such a thing. That seems like a lot. But it's a lot better than bringing one because if something happens you're screwed as we saw at rusnats.

Greengemmonster

On the Ice
5? Never heard of such a thing. That seems like a lot. But it's a lot better than bringing one because if something happens you're screwed as we saw at rusnats.

She had quite a battle with her boots. From memory they were completely falling apart and held together with duct tape. She also tried another brand and then went back to the duct tape.

It wouldn't surprise me if after all that she has resorted to 5 pairs, crazy as it sounds! Perhaps the drama with Zhenya's boots made her stock up on more since it's a pretty fresh issue for her.

Scott512

Record Breaker
She had quite a battle with her boots. From memory they were completely falling apart and held together with duct tape. She also tried another brand and then went back to the duct tape.

It wouldn't surprise me if after all that she has resorted to 5 pairs, crazy as it sounds! Perhaps the drama with Zhenya's boots made her stock up on more since it's a pretty fresh issue for her.

But five pairs of skates means you're almost paranoid about this issue and no skater needs mind games like that. Two should be plenty 3 the maximum. But they skaters know a lot more about this than I do so I leave it up to them. We know that not only is the number five greater than the number one we know that five pair of skates is better than one. Rika will not be lacking for skates to skate in if she has a problem with another pair.

madraykin

Rinkside
Where was Matteo's boot pic taken from? That doesn't look good, Edea.

I think that pic makes it look more dramatic than it looks in the video.

And depending on how long he's been wearing those boots it could just be 'normal' wear and tear - he slides that toe along the ice twice in his SP which is going to cause additional wear so if he's been in those boots all season it's not necessarily an Edea fault.