Gracie Gold Embraces a Rugged Comeback Path | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Gracie Gold Embraces a Rugged Comeback Path

lpt

On the Ice
I can't imagine her finishing 4th at US Nationals. I've seen her Sectionals performance, she barely could jump. No triple-triples, of course.

KatGrace1925

Medalist
I can't imagine her finishing 4th at US Nationals. I've seen her Sectionals performance, she barely could jump. No triple-triples, of course.

She can do triple triples, we've seen videos of them. She needed to not go for too much too soon with Sectionals but based on her improvement between Regionals and Sectionals it's not completely out of the question for her to come to nationals with triple-triples ready.

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker

I don't think she'll finish as high as fourth. I just believe that's an absolute best case scenario if she was able to complete every element successfully and got help from some other top competitors. There's a pretty big gap between the top 3 and the rest of the field, so I don't think that next tier of skaters is easy to predict the results for.

skateluvr

Record Breaker
I don't think she'll finish as high as fourth. I just believe that's an absolute best case scenario if she was able to complete every element successfully and got help from some other top competitors. There's a pretty big gap between the top 3 and the rest of the field, so I don't think that next tier of skaters is easy to predict the results for.

That is very true. I was disappointed in what I saw but maybe the big crowd support will pump up her adrenaline. I am admittedly worried for her.

Shani

On the Ice
Honestly she is a wild card. Could be anywhere from 1-12. I expect Liu, Bell and Tennell in the mix but lets wait and see.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
That is very true. I was disappointed in what I saw but maybe the big crowd support will pump up her adrenaline. I am admittedly worried for her.

I was extremely happy with what I saw. I was especially happy with how happy she was with it. I’ve gone back and watched quite a few times. As I’ve said before, I’d rather see her smile with a bronze medal at Sectionals than cry with a 4th place finish at Worlds.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

I don’t understand what you were watching.

Carolla5501

On the Ice
I watched sectionals and honestly Gracie got some "reputation" points IMHO. I hope that at Nationals she gets scored fairly and doesn't get "sympathy" votes to wind up on the podium.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I watched sectionals and honestly Gracie got some "reputation" points IMHO. I hope that at Nationals she gets scored fairly and doesn't get "sympathy" votes to wind up on the podium.

I really loved her skate. She wasn’t a little girl out there skating from jump to jump. She felt and interpreted the music. I hope she keeps this long program another year. It deserves to be more widely seen.

sc8

On the Ice
It is SOOOO not about where Gracie places at Nationals. She has stated that her comeback to the sport she loves is not about results. She trusts the process and I trust she will do her best and I will be there to cheer her on no matter what happens. The podium is not her goal!

Do I think she’ll be on the podium? No. Do I think it’s possible for her to get there in 2021 or 2022? Yes, if that becomes her goal.

Haven’t you been watching? She is Gracie Gold! The same strength that lead her to national and international skating prominence lead her to take care of her mental health in very public and brave ways. She is a very strong person who is working her way back to the top in very measured and healthy ways.

Gracie was a champion and an amazing role model before her mental health battle and she has returned to skating as an even bigger champion and role model...not just of skating, but of life!

skatefan17

On the Ice
Gracie seems so real and raw now. That podcast was inspiring, particularly her answers about why she keeps skating. It was sad to hear her put herself down still a little, but she seems very much in control and understanding of what it will take for her to be in top form now, however high that is. She IS brave.

KatGrace1925

Medalist

She didn't get sympathy votes she earned her points, fought for every piece of those programs

Carolla5501

On the Ice
She didn't get sympathy votes she earned her points, fought for every piece of those programs

I said IMHO she got "reputation" points. But that's just my opinion I felt her scores were high for what she delivered. But the only opinion that matters is the judges...

crazydreamer

On the Ice
There is no way sympathy or reputation alone can make up for a lack of 3-3s and other triples. And if Gracie hits all her triples, she doesn’t really need sympathy/reputation, she will be legitimately competitive.

But judging by her interview she is not expecting a medal, she just wants to skate cleanish respectable athletic programs.

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
I said IMHO she got "reputation" points. But that's just my opinion I felt her scores were high for what she delivered. But the only opinion that matters is the judges...

Maybe so, but at both Regionals and Sectionals she fully deserved a top 4 finish that would have advanced her IMO. I don't feel like she denied another deserving athlete of a Nationals spot.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker

Gracie has nothing to lose,everything to gain, she is the underdog so to speak, everyone likes a skater overcoming adversity, even if she doesn't do super well it will be a victory. Do not worry about Gracie not only is she gritty she has a lot of fans that love her no matter what. Alot of posters seem to have faith in Mariah. I still think it is Alyssa versus Bradie for gold and silver.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker

Yikes. If Gracie got some reputation then her skating has really deteoriated. Her pcs were shockingly low.