Incredible video from the Australian fires | Golden Skate

Incredible video from the Australian fires

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
This is the true meaning of "courage under fire".

And yes, the crew is okay.

The crew of NSW Fire and Rescue station 509 Wyoming caught in a flashover just south of Nowra, NSW.

This is what it is like. We start the new year covered in smoke and ash and blood and grieving.

This made national TV here. I feel for all the people and other living things whose lives will be changed for ever. I had to shuttle out my state patrol vehicle through flames during our Firestorm 1996 during evacuation...not this bad but it is very surrealistic. The trooper (My friend Jim Hill) who helped me had his car's paint blistered off rescuing 9 other people and more...thankfully, his gas tank didnt expload.

"Three Spokane sheriff’s deputies and a Washington State Patrol trooper have been honored for heroism by the National Association of Police Organizations.

Deputies Eric Epperson, Michael J. Kittilstved and Joseph W. Mastel, and trooper James R. Hill were among officers receiving Top Cops awards Thursday in Washington, D.C.

They are being recognized for their teamwork and cooperation during the August 1996 West Plains wildfire. They also helped rescue dozens of residents and animals from burning homes.

The deputies also received Medals of Valor from the Sheriff’s Department."

I am sure Australia has countless stories also of heroism.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
And 100's of millions of animals, birds died or will perish of famine, thirst or loss of habitat.

Whole ecosystems will be wiped out, perhaps forever.