Ksenia Sinitsyna's future | Golden Skate

Ksenia Sinitsyna's future

Antoine

Spectator
Country
France
In my opinion Ksenia Sinitsyna danced the best of free skating at the Russian Nationals.
Her Ina Bauer is the most beautiful I have ever admired (a part which she added to her program after the Junior Grand Prix Final).
If she hadn't fallen during the short program, she would probably have come fourth in place of Liza.T.
It shows that she has a huge room for improvement.
How do you see her in the future?

(By the way, I'm looking for a picture of her Ina Bauer for an artistry projct, but nobody captured this moment ... even Mihail Sharov)

macy

Record Breaker
In my opinion Ksenia Sinitsyna danced the best of free skating at the Russian Nationals.
Her Ina Bauer is the most beautiful I have ever admired (a part which she added to her program after the Grand Prix Final).
If she hadn't fallen during the short program, she would probably have come fourth in place of Liza.T.
It shows that she has a huge room for improvement.
How do you see her in the future?

(By the way, I'm looking for a picture of her Ina Bauer for an artistry projct, but nobody captures this moment ... even Mihail Sharov)

i think she has a lot of potential, especially if she can get a 3A or quad under her belt in the future. she definitely has a chance at a medal at Jr worlds. i love her attention to detail and the finish of her movements, she just needs to develop emotion which will come with time.

lusterfan

Final Flight
I had never paid much attention to her last season, but I fell in love with her SP during the JGP circuit this season. It's a shame she did not perform to her top potential at nationals, but the performance itself was still full of intricate details that grasp my heart more than the big scores do.

She already received 215.58 internationally as a junior. Adding the senior choreo sequence and some nationals inflation, she honestly could've challenged Sasha for the bronze medal! Obviously being a junior, they were never going to inflate her enough to beat their quad-queen senior, but a perfect Ksenia might've deserved bronze here over a much messier Sasha. She has a very mature skating style that judges definitely gush over in juniors (kind of like Alyona). She underperformed at the JGPF too, but I wouldn't count her out for Junior Worlds!

readernick

Medalist
Definitely my favorite junior lady at the moment (Haein Lee is great, too), her SS and will crafted programs really make her stand out from the crowd. I hope she does well at Junior Worlds and gets GPs next year.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
I loved Sinitsina since last year when she came to Junior Worlds as the last minute substitute and raised to the fourth position. However, the medals stay out of her reach so far. The next two or three years will be crucial for her. From her interviews she sounds like a sensitive thoughtful skater, but perhaps too mature for her age. We’ll see how Junior Worlds go for her this year, and if she could medal this year. Her music choice for SS makes me do a double take tbh as a bit heavy. I prefer her free this year.

Happy Skates

Final Flight
Definitely my favorite junior lady at the moment (Haein Lee is great, too), her SS and will crafted programs really make her stand out from the crowd. I hope she does well at Junior Worlds and gets GPs next year.

With her SB of 215, I'd find it difficult to imagine her not getting GPs no matter how she does at JWorlds (if she gets there, she probably will but you never know). With Sotskova and Sakhanovich losing their 1 GP each pretty much for sure, she is next in line to take those two spots, and with her 5th place at RusNats, she should be getting senior funding anyways. Anyways I really hope so so that we can see that gorgeous Ina Bauer in every free program she does when she has a senior choreo sequence. Hopefully she does well at the Youth Olympics too, its a pretty big opportunity for her.

lopsilceci

On the Ice
Country
Mexico
Love her! I've been following since last season and she seems to me as the most promising russian up and comer outside of Team Tutberidze.

I think that for her to really break out she will definitely need to up her technical content. I don't know if Panova can do that for her, but I can see her maybe moving to a more established coach someday...

Also, I think it's very impressive that she finished 5th at her very first senior national championships, definitely one of the toughest competitions of the season :laugh: :hap10:

LiamForeman

William/Uilyam
Medalist
I’m still trying to see her ‘greatness’.... She’s wonderful, but she reminds me of Samoldekina, just too plain. The Eteri girls all have their own styles. CCSK only seems to have one style.

lusterfan

Final Flight
I’m still trying to see her ‘greatness’.... She’s wonderful, but she reminds me of Samoldekina, just too plain. The Eteri girls all have their own styles. CCSK only seems to have one style.

We all have different tastes, so I wouldn't fault you for finding her plain. Just sharing my personal opinion, I fell in love with her skating at the Egna-Neumarkt JGP SP. Her face, I'll admit, is a bit stoic but the way she moves her body across the ice is sublime. Her skating and body choreography are so unique to me. I actually find this particular program to exude style, way more so than any other lady competing right now. Granted she did underperform this program at Nationals, so I hope she makes JW and nails it like she did on the JGP. The interpretation is there in her actions (not just her face), and the confidence in her commitment to the choreography is brilliant for a junior.

Scott512

Record Breaker
I think she can make the Russian B team at some point in their career. That would be a great accomplishment.

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker

:eek:topic: Samodelkina is coached by Davydov, while Sinitsyna is coached by Panova (two separate schools).

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
I really like the way she skates, she has very good skating skills, great spinner and solid jumper as well.

Idk the question is, why Panova hasn't coached yet a senior skater?

Either she doesn't want, or someone else wants to keep these coaches at the junior level or even the other coaches keep stealing their skaters.

Depending on what's the specific reason, you can predict Sinitsyna's future.

I suspect she'll join CSKA.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Yes, it is really difficult to get a clear picture of Snow Leopards and the dynamics in #TeamPanova. What I've come across isn't that positive, and most likely also biased?

#TeamPanova deserves respect and recognition for Kseniya Sinitsyna.

But if resources are scarce in Snow Leopards and the rink isn't able to support multiple skaters at the highest level (Kseniya's world ranking is ranked about 6th)? The dynamics of Khrustalniy greatly benefit all skaters, from the very young novices to their current champions. CSKA also has this mass that is above the specific weight so it's students benefit off each other.

When the Sinitsyn family has Kseniya's best interest in mind, perhaps a move is inevitable?

Good Vibes Only

On the Ice
Yes, it is really difficult to get a clear picture of Snow Leopards and the dynamics in #TeamPanova. What I've come across isn't that positive, and most likely also biased?

#TeamPanova deserves respect and recognition for Kseniya Sinitsyna.

But if resources are scarce in Snow Leopards and the rink isn't able to support multiple skaters at the highest level (Kseniya's world ranking is ranked about 6th)? The dynamics of Khrustalniy greatly benefit all skaters, from the very young novices to their current champions. CSKA also has this mass that is above the specific weight so it's students benefit off each other.

When the Sinitsyn family has Kseniya's best interest in mind, perhaps a move is inevitable?

I really hope that Ksenia never goes to CSKA with Buionova. If she goes to Vasilieva’s coach, that’s better but still not ideal in my opinion. I would rather she stay with Panova or go to Eteri or Mishin. And if her family can afford it then even going to Raf would be better than going to CSKA. After what has happened to some skaters, I don’t trust CSKA anymore.

Scott512

Record Breaker
I really like the way she skates, she has very good skating skills, great spinner and solid jumper as well.

Idk the question is, why Panova hasn't coached yet a senior skater?

Either she doesn't want, or someone else wants to keep these coaches at the junior level or even the other coaches keep stealing their skaters.

Depending on what's the specific reason, you can predict Sinitsyna's future.

I suspect she'll join CSKA.

CSKA? Oh no please keep ksenia away from the butcher! :(

BabySloth

On the Ice
Country
Hungary
It would be interesing to see what Eteri could do with her. She has fantastic skating skills, the best after Kostornaia for me among Russians. Maybe Eteri and the pressure-cooker environment could really motivate her to get a 3A or a quad.

On the other hand, Eteri's camp is insanely crowded already, and it wouldn't hurt to have a succesful Russian lady who's not coached by her. But I'm not sure how possible is that when politicking also matters so much. :laugh:

Kseniia has tremendous potential though. I really hope she makes the JWC team, and hopefully 2 GPs for the next season as well! And yes, I hope she does well at Youth Olympics! If she keeps this up, she could even enter the conversation for the 2022 Olympic team hopefuls. :pray:

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
It would be interesing to see what Eteri could do with her. She has fantastic skating skills, the best after Kostornaia for me among Russians. Maybe Eteri and the pressure-cooker environment could really motivate her to get a 3A or a quad.

On the other hand, Eteri's camp is insanely crowded already, and it wouldn't hurt to have a succesful Russian lady who's not coached by her. But I'm not sure how possible is that when politicking also matters so much. :laugh:

Kseniia has tremendous potential though. I really hope she makes the JWC team, and hopefully 2 GPs for the next season as well! And yes, I hope she does well at Youth Olympics! If she keeps this up, she could even enter the conversation for the 2022 Olympic team hopefuls. :pray:

If Kseniya hadn't fallen in Nationals short program, she could have scored 220+, maybe even contended for a Bronze, since Trusova didn't her best. But that's ifs, whens and only's, water flown under the bridge.

Sinitsyna is born 2003, Kanysheva, a former #TeamPanova skater is born 2005. Kanysheva has yet to regain her competitive shape and present herself in some competition to be assessed, both in absolute terms and relative to Sinitsyna.

Strategy and logistics wise, does #TeamTutberidzeForProgress need another skater to add to their 'reserves', if one considers Zagitova as a reserve? I think you are right in assuming the staff is fully occupied with their current charges.

Only when one of Aleksandra, Alyona or Anna drops out due to serious injury come next season there will be actually need of a competent replacement: in possession of ultra-si, and I suppose they'd prefer 'home grown' stock over 'imports'?

When looking at 2004/2005 born skaters eligible coming season, there is also Anna Frolova, Valeriya Shulskaya and Kseniya Tsibinova, who all left excellent impressions and results in the National Championships and are currently training in #TeamDavydov. If any of these young, and not yet fully formed skaters', or rather their parents, would have wished for Khrustalniy, they'd have send their daughters to an assessment with Tutberidze's already.

The season after that, 2021/2022 is already Olympic season, with the 2006 born skaters eligible, those currently are Valiyeva, Khromykh and Usachyova from Khrustalniy.

So I think the teams are likely to stay put as they are, which only leaves the question of who Sinitsyna is to spar with, Tarakanova is her only rink mate of approximately the same level, but seems to have a quite different character. How to develop Sinitsyna and Tarakanova alongside each other, in contention with each other, this is the main challenge for Panova and her staff.

Just for the sake of interest, development and distribution of power and chances, it'd be very nice if #TeamDavydov and #TeamPanova also have excellent skaters in contention. Not forgetting Sankt Peterburg, whose current skaters are all 'on the old' side of the age line ....

eterislouisvuitton

On the Ice
I don't think Ksenia Sinitsyna will join Team Tutberidze. There are a few reasons for this:

1. Kanysheva, Tarakanova, and co.
Ksenia trains with Nastya T and surely keeps in contact with Alena K who recently retired too, so I think that she may hear some insider things about the camp that would convince her and her parents not to go, I think she is happy (or at least seems to be) with the progress she is making under Panova

2. Her body type
Ksenia is a beautiful girl, and it is well known that Team Tutberidze favors thin, petite, prepubescent girls. They struggled with the body types of Yulia and Daria Panenkova, and Ksenia is quite similar to both of them in that growth may be rough for her. I think Eteri may not want to deal with that and any other troubles that come with it.

3. She would've gone already.
With the unjust, political crime that is Ksenia's exclusion from the jr world team, her competitive season is over unless she chooses to continue it. She would be making moves for her senior debut, if she hasn't already in the past. If you are 15 and still training steadily under Panova, I don't think Ksenia will move there.

However...there are also many signs that say she could be interested in Team Tutberidze. THe methods are debatable but for those 1-2 years that you are on top, Team Tutberidze brings the results

Albus

Match Penalty
I really hope that Ksenia never goes to CSKA with Buionova. If she goes to Vasilieva’s coach, that’s better but still not ideal in my opinion. I would rather she stay with Panova or go to Eteri or Mishin. And if her family can afford it then even going to Raf would be better than going to CSKA. After what has happened to some skaters, I don’t trust CSKA anymore.

It is better to retire than to train with Rafael