Ksenia Sinitsyna's future | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Ksenia Sinitsyna's future

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
I really hope that Ksenia never goes to CSKA with Buionova. If she goes to Vasilieva’s coach, that’s better but still not ideal in my opinion. I would rather she stay with Panova or go to Eteri or Mishin. And if her family can afford it then even going to Raf would be better than going to CSKA. After what has happened to some skaters, I don’t trust CSKA anymore.

Buianova seems to be a good coach for men now, but absolutely disastrous for ladies, so I second that.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Kseniya has her future in her own hands, just like any other skater.

After an excellent start of the season, presenting wonderful programs like 'Alfonsina and the Sea', she has regressed.

Growth, motivation issues, issues with Panova, we can only guess.

Kseniya failed in Junior Nationals where others delivered. Given her JGP results, she is still reasonably safe I'd guess.

But she needs to prove herself to FFKKR's experts and officials in Thursdays Cup Finals, unless her season is already completed?

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
I don't think Ksenia Sinitsyna will join Team Tutberidze. There are a few reasons for this:

1. Kanysheva, Tarakanova, and co.
Ksenia trains with Nastya T and surely keeps in contact with Alena K who recently retired too, so I think that she may hear some insider things about the camp that would convince her and her parents not to go, I think she is happy (or at least seems to be) with the progress she is making under Panova

2. Her body type
Ksenia is a beautiful girl, and it is well known that Team Tutberidze favors thin, petite, prepubescent girls. They struggled with the body types of Yulia and Daria Panenkova, and Ksenia is quite similar to both of them in that growth may be rough for her. I think Eteri may not want to deal with that and any other troubles that come with it.

3. She would've gone already.
With the unjust, political crime that is Ksenia's exclusion from the jr world team, her competitive season is over unless she chooses to continue it. She would be making moves for her senior debut, if she hasn't already in the past. If you are 15 and still training steadily under Panova, I don't think Ksenia will move there.

However...there are also many signs that say she could be interested in Team Tutberidze. THe methods are debatable but for those 1-2 years that you are on top, Team Tutberidze brings the results

Very valid points.

Question: how much has Ksenia grown? Is her “decline” really due to puberty, or just her coach?

Scott512

Record Breaker
Buianova seems to be a good coach for men now, but absolutely disastrous for ladies, so I second that.

Ksenia with her would disappoint a lot of people for a lot of reasons. Ksenia seems to be under too much stress with her current coach so something has to happen. I don't like how to skater and coach don't hide their emotions and displeasure with each other. Yoy don't usually see that in figure skating.

Elucidus

Match Penalty
With the unjust, political crime that is Ksenia's exclusion from the jr world team, her competitive season is over unless she chooses to continue it.
What is criminal about allowing the girl who is able to rotate 4S fully and with viable chance to land it to JrWorlds instead of Ksenia? :scratch2: RusFed made absolutely logical choice - with Eteri team Russia have higher chances for a podium sweep.

She would be making moves for her senior debut, if she hasn't already in the past. If you are 15 and still training steadily under Panova, I don't think Ksenia will move there.
She will. Ksenia has huge season best score already (215 if I remember correctly) - which will be enough to get two senior GP events easily. Considering that there will be number of skaters who will lose their GP events next season (Sotskova, Sakhanovich, maybe Samodurova) - it's pretty much inevitable that Sinitsina will be pushed to seniors by RusFed. If it can be some consolation for you - here it is ;)