Your new year skating wish | Golden Skate

Your new year skating wish

skateluvr

Record Breaker
First to all of GS esp those in any need, I pray you have a healthy, productive new year. The productive is a quote from Sasha Trusova in her recent 3 A interview after Russian Nationals. The little one is a super hard worker. Kudos for that kiddo. I now ask if you could be granted one wish by the New Year skating “” genie or “fairy” if you will, what would it be?

I’m hoping that Mariah Bell continues beautiful skates and pulls an upset at US nationals.
May she win Gold. I realize that means a certain adorable junior might not be the de facto jumping winner but I think Mariah has worked so hard for so long and she is beautiful to watch. I think she would be the happiest National champion in US history. Nathan of course will win but it would be cool to see RAF with the two of them in victory. That said I wish Bradie and Alyssa great skates but I think Juniors should be with juniors at all the nationals. I like all three for different reasons. But gold for Mariah is my wish.

You only get one wish because the Genie will be very busy trying to figure out whose wishes she he will grant!

Happy new year!

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
Agree about Mariah totally !!
I wish for two joyous GREAT SKATES and a podium finish for Jason Brown at Nationals. He has worked so hard; whatever the result I look forward to losing myself in two exquisite programs from him.
https://www.instagram.com/tv/B3pEwWuHrdg/?igshid=11fhfp56s6x3q

I also wish Alexandra Trusova a dynamite New Year... she is a warrior!!! and more exquisite skates from my favorite Russian lady, Alena Kostornia. .

macy

Record Breaker
i would love to see Mariah win nationals.
i want 3A to skate to the best of their abilities at worlds. i would love for all of them to be clean.
not sure if the Japanese world team has been announced, but i want Wakaba to finish her season on a high note.
and i really hope the US ladies will get 3 spots back at worlds.

skateluvr

Record Breaker
Agree about Mariah totally !!
I wish for two joyous GREAT SKATES and a podium finish for Jason Brown at Nationals. He has worked so hard; whatever the result I look forward to losing myself in two exquisite programs from him.
https://www.instagram.com/tv/B3pEwWuHrdg/?igshid=11fhfp56s6x3q

I also wish Alexandra Trusova a dynamite New Year... she is a warrior!!! and more exquisite skates from my favorite Russian lady, Alena Kostornia. .

Thank you for this link. Jason is perfection. Two clean skates with confidident triple axels is my wish for him at Nationals. Those Russian splits are just amazing. Sasha Cohen like.

Lamente Ariane

Skating Skills -5, Fashion +3, Camp +4
Record Breaker
Yuzuru Hanyu’s continued good health. Of course I’d love to see him win Worlds again too ;)

skateluvr

Record Breaker
Yeah, I understand. I am a fan of Nathan, Hanyu and Shona and I miss Javi. It is hard to be a Hanyu Fan and a Nathan fan because you want to see their best. I guess I hope for a world podium that reflects the best skates of the night. I am rooting for Shoma to pull it together. All these years as number two in Japan must be hard. I am not a huge Aymoz fan but I’m rooting for him because maybe his coqching situation is under stress as he is with a Zimmerman and Fontana. And the whole sad mess happening now, so if I wished for an underdog in the men’s event at worlds I guess it would be that Kevin did welll. And that Boyang would be back to his best. It is tough at the top with all the quads expected and the constant injuries they deal with.

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Only one wish, hmm... Then I wish for clean skates and smiles only for all my darlings. It's technically one wish :biggrin:

If I have to be specific, then I want Junhwan to have healthy ankles and *fitting boots*. Pretty please with a cherry on top.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I wish for our Aussie skaters to all have clean skates and pbs! :) In particular I hope Katia and Harley can comeback at their best.

Also sneaky wish for Ekaterina Ryabova to kick butt at Worlds again, you go, girl!

Arbitrary

Medalist
Those who're training the Quaxel to land it on public with no injures.

Those who're thinking about the Quad Loop to do it publicly and not being injured in process.

Those who are going for the very beginning of the FS to really love it and continue for long years.

Those who like the big bulky Teddy Bears to succeed in persuading the mob to throw as large bears as possible.

Those skaters who were promised to adopt a dog after XYZ jump landed or a certain place reached to receive the dog in proper time.

Those who compete against humans to win.

This one who competes against Wikipedia to reach new heights...

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
I’d like Fear and Gibson to be top 8 at Worlds. Top ten is more realistic but if you can’t go a step further for a wish when can you? ;)

sk8kirsty

On the Ice
Awhh I love this thread! Happy new year everyone!!!
I wish that Trusova can beat Kostornaia and Shcherbakova in either worlds or Euros and that she can skate a clean free programme [emoji173][emoji173][emoji173]

Greengemmonster

On the Ice
I'm going to make only one wish so that it's more potent 😝.

I wish for my baby Rika to get all the gold medals cuz she's the cutest cutie pie with mad skills.

sk8kirsty

On the Ice
Ok I am going to make a second wish
I wish to give Alika Golovkina strength to skate a clean or almost clean FS at Europeans and that she will be proud of how she skated afterwards

sk8kirsty

On the Ice
Oh wait
I also wish that Paulina Ramanauskaitė can recover from her back injury and be able to get back to skating this year. I know how much she misses it and I pray that she will return to it [emoji173] :pray:

sweetener

Rinkside
For Rika Kihira to podium at Worlds (bronze is the likeliest, but would be lovely to see an upset for the silver :love:)
Also for Yuzu to win his third Worlds title, although I'd also love a Nate win.

Seven Sisters

Medalist
Of course, I wish for good health and great skates for all skaters; but for me personally, I wish that a location within easy driving distance of my house is chosen for some major competition. Nationals, Grand Prix, Junior Grand Prix, Senior B, I’m not fussy! I just want to see some competitive skating.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
My one skating wish (apart for injury free skating for absolutely everyone, but that doesn’t change between years) is for Shoma Uno to continue on the upward trend in 2020 with cleaner programs, peaking at the World Championship in Montreal.

Without relying on the Genie, I wish success to the skaters who by some reason make me cheer for them the loudest. The whole camp Russian gentlemen (with extra crossing fingers for Aliev, Mozalev and Danielian), Liza T, Alexandra Trusova, Boikova/Kozlovskii, Vincent Zhou, Kaori Sakomoto, Mukhamedintzeva and Mironov, Matteo Rizzo and DellaMonica/Guarise.