Your new year skating wish | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Your new year skating wish

DenissVFan

Medalist
For small federation skaters to accomplish their personal goals, whether they aim just to qualify to ISU championships or place as high as possible.

Moxiejan

Medalist
Country
United-States
My wish is for all the big skating news to be all about big on-ice accomplishments. No more scandals!

ivylewis1547

Spectator
I hope Gracie and Karen have great skates at Nationals! And that Alysa Liu continues her amazing improvement in SS skills, Rika gets a stable 4S, and Wakaba recovers fully from her injuries. I also hope Alina returns to competitive skating (but only if she really wants to and it makes her happy).

LynsJ

On the Ice
I’d like to see Mariah bell win nationals as she has had such a massive leap in her skating this season. I’d also like to see Alexa and Chris knierim put out two clean skates to be proud of at nationals.
Oh and continued rise for Fear/Gibson and I’m also hoping hubbell Donahue might make some big changes to their free skate!
Mainly though I’m hoping for health and luck to all skaters and for Zhenya to nail down a quad!!! [emoji178][emoji178][emoji178][emoji178]

Good Vibes Only

On the Ice
Happy New Year!!

I hope that Alina Zagitova finds her love for skating and her competitive drive, Sasha Trusova does a clean free skate, Aliona Kostornaia wins worlds and lands a quad, Evgenia Medvedeva gets her quad salchow, Anna Shcherbakova gets her triple axel, Anastasia Guliakova gets a GP spot, and Daria Usacheva gets a junior worlds medal.

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I wish for Shoma to do well with Stephane as his new coach and to continue his upward trajectory.
I pray for nothing but positive news regarding Maia Shibutani.
I want to see Mai Mihara and her beautiful smile back on the ice and triumphing over her arthritis issues.
I hope Gracie has a Nats competition she can be proud of.
I hope Alena Kostornaia continues to do well.

Adding -- how could I forget to wish the skaters the remainder of the season with no more injuries.

Iron Lotus

On the Ice
No Japanese World medalist in any discipline has never NOT been national champion and an Olympian. Therefore I wish for Wakaba to win gold at nationals in December, 2020 and to make the Olympic team the following year!

GoneWithTheWind

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
My one skating wish is for Charlène and Marco to medal at Europeans again, and have a great performance at Worlds! :cheer:

Without relying on the Genie, I wish success to the skaters who by some reason make me cheer for them the loudest.
This is also a great thought and, for me, these skaters would be: Della Monica/Guarise, Ziegler/Kiefer, Mukhametzianova/Mironov, Miura/Kihara, Popova/Mozgov, Stepanova/Bukin, Hawayek/Baker, Friend/Badaoui, Anna Shcherbakova, Elizaveta Tuktamysheva, Güzide Irmak Bayır and Kevin Aymoz.

Best wishes to every skater for a happy, and injury free, rest of the season.

Last edited:

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
For all skaters to be healthy and satisfied with their performances!

I'm of this mindset.

However the medals turn out, I want skaters to be satisfied with their performances.

In the same vein, I'd like to see some performances worthy of a re-watch.

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
For Rika Kihira to podium at Worlds (bronze is the likeliest, but would be lovely to see an upset for the silver :love:)
Also for Yuzu to win his third Worlds title, although I'd also love a Nate win.

My wish is for Rika to win gold!

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
No more obsession from people about pre-rotation.

It's not as bad some try to make it out to be.

Otherwise, lack of injuries would be my wish.

skateluvr

Record Breaker
Only one wish, hmm... Then I wish for clean skates and smiles only for all my darlings. It's technically one wish :biggrin:

If I have to be specific, then I want Junhwan to have healthy ankles and *fitting boots*. Pretty please with a cherry on top.

Lol I chat. I suspect the genie will grant that wish because you are so polite in asking. I assume Jun is having boot problems lately. He is so cute. Just a charming young skater. He is slowly developing in every way under Orser team. When BTW is Korean Nationals or did I miss it? I wonder what ladies they will send. Young You? One of the most exquisite skaters on the planet is the beautiful Korean girl whose name has escaped my poor old brain. I know you will fill in the blank for me. She was with RAF last year. I see her dress and her free skate and her face yet her name won’t come. I’ll need to check Fanfest as I’m sure she must have a thread. The Korean ladies are really amazing and it is incredible to see the girls that all started skating because of Yuna. For myself I wish the genie would magically take me on a comfy Persian carpet ride to see one of the big ice shows now so popular in Korea. Or Japan. Esp the Ladies Nationals of both countries to see all the upcoming talent. Sigh. Maybe in my next
Life, lol.

Ok finally, Eun Soo-lim. She is so talented and her skating is beautiful. I assume she will make the Korean Ladies Team. I wish she was more confident because she has such quality. Clean skates for Eun so Lim at Nationals and worlds is a request to the skating Genie. I love her potential.

Last edited:

skateluvr

Record Breaker
Yes the Genie said yes sk8kirsty because it is still new year day her n east coast USA!

liv

Record Breaker
Better judging... as in, the PCS department. It IS possible to have tons of transitions, but have a terrible performance. It IS possible to have poor SS and poor program composition, but have a great performance .... y'all know what I mean.

I wish these marks would better reflect what we see on the ice. Sometimes a really low ranked skater can have a fantastic performance and great interpretation of the music. And sometimes a high ranked skater can have a bad day and their performance and interpretation is not good compared to another time, but their program still has tons of transitions and great skating skills.... Reward or penalize that. Don't just give all 6s or 7s or 8s...

That is my wish.