Your new year skating wish | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Your new year skating wish

noskates

Record Breaker
Whoa - loaded question. I'll probably repeat what many have said but here goes:

. Maia Shibutani to come out of this medical situation with positive results and great health now and to come
. Gracie Gold to overcome her issues and skate like a National Champion again
. No major injuries
. Consistent judging - whatever it is - consistent across the board
. (and I have to say this) Jason Brown to have a very successful Nationals and Worlds
. most of all, for figure skating to go back to being a well-rounded sport and not just a jumping contest

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
--Nice clean well-scored skates for all Australian skaters at Four Continents. PBs in particular for Tilly & Bill. The current appalling fire haze situation in Sydney not to wreck any skaters' lungs.
--Gabriella and Guillaume to be amazing at Euros where I will get to watch them in person! :)
--Noemie to repeat/improve on her brilliant Nationals performance at a late-season Senior B.
--Paulina's back injury to heal well.
--Loena, Viveca and Laurine to come back strong and fully healed in time for Euros and/or Worlds.
--Fear/Gibson to continue their rise, Turkkila/Versluis to get back in the game and Reed/Ambrulevicius to climb the ranks further at Worlds.
--Guignard/Fabbri to make a big, podium-worthy splash at Worlds.
--Hamon/Strekalin to come through the season stabilised and improving.

Yeah, I have a lot of wishes. Have you seen the state of my country right now? This is the least that 2020 can do to make it up to me.

fzztsimmons

On the Ice
I wish for Jason to get a clean and ratified quad jump down in competition this season :pray:

edit: and also for him to be proud and happy with the performances he puts out this season

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
Happy new year to all of you! I hope 2020 will work out for you all.

As for skating: I wish all skaters to be healthy, injury free, no boot problems, and first of all to be happy. Happy as persons and happy about their performances. I hope they can achieve their own goals for the second part of the season, and I also hope all skating fans get to watch enjoyable performances.

sallyhatchet

Rinkside
Happy New Year! My wishes:

- Yuzu gold at Worlds
- Shoma bronze at Worlds (because I can't see any universe where Nathan Chen would get anything less than a silver lol)
- Rika podium at Worlds
- Jason silver at US Nats
- Kevin podium at Euros
- Quirky plushies in the kiss and cry for all!
- Clean skates for all!

QueenOfTheRoad

Final Flight
Country
Germany
I wish
- for Kolyada to be healthy again and to soon start training.
- for Russian men to get 3 places at Worlds for the next year.
- for more national championship to be broadcasted on-line, it was a joy to watch Russ. Nat.
- for all the skaters and coaches to stay healthy
- no more scandals like those we had in 2019
- a safe space for all skaters in the skating centers regardless of gender.

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
Mine:
- 3A sweep of Euros and Worlds (and GPF/RusNats next season), including a win at a major international comp. for each of Anna and Sasha
- an amazing competition at RusNats and GPF next season
- the rise of Ksenia Sinitsyna, Daria Usacheva, and Maya Kromykh
- the rise of Team Davydov and resurgence of Team Panova
- another national title for Alysa Liu
- the success of Sofia Muravieva under Eteri
- a successful debut for Sofia Samodelkina and other debuting Russian juniors
- for more Russian ladies to get to skate internationally (at challengers and such) - such as Guliakova, Shulskaya, Nugumanova, Gubanova, Tarakanova, Vasilieva, etc.
- for Ekaterina Kurakova, Viktoria Safonova, and Ekaterina Ryabova to each get 2 GPs next season
- no injuries!

Giu

On the Ice
Country
Italy
. most of all, for figure skating to go back to being a well-rounded sport and not just a jumping contest

Couldn't agree more! :yes2:

Here are mine:

- Yuzu and Rika gold at Worlds!!! :medal"
- Mai Mihara to overcome once and for all her health problems
- Kazuki Tomono to become more confident every day

And a personal wish for me: I want my favourites to come to a competition near me so to be able to see them live :eek:: (I still have Satoko on my bucket list)

breadstal

Record Breaker
For Rika and Alena to do well at EC, 4CC and Worlds <3 For Eunsoo and Haein to do well at Nationals, WC and WJC! For Marin to jump consistently so we can keep watching her beautiful skating :love: At the end, bascially I just want my faves to skate well and all of the skaters to be heathy :pray:

skateluvr

Record Breaker
Chock Bates for world gold. I really was not fond of the P/c sp at all this year. I guess live in person explains a lot but I think they get reputation scoring. It seems the judges find no one they like better. Ever. Except the Canadians who retired after a stellar career. Hard to believe they do not do shows anymore. I sure miss their competitive programs. I think when Maia mends she should try a comeback. The Shibs were better bar far in SOI in my opinion than Hubble Donahue. I thought they were the best in the show period this past year.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Chock Bates for world gold. I really was not fond of the P/c sp at all this year. I guess live in person explains a lot but I think they get reputation scoring. It seems the judges find no one they like better. Ever. Except the Canadians who retired after a stellar career. Hard to believe they do not do shows anymore. I sure miss their competitive programs. I think when Maia mends she should try a comeback. The Shibs were better bar far in SOI in my opinion than Hubble Donahue. I thought they were the best in the show period this past year.

JMHO but the Shibs were not in great form this past SOI in the Spring. And definitely not better than H/D, though H/D did slower programs in SOI in 2019 than they usually do.

Clairecz

On the Ice
Country
Czech-Republic
Matteo Rizzo winning Euros! and becoming the new figure skating king of Europe :pray: :luv17:

- Shoma and Boyang on podium at Worlds.
- All the success, growth and support for all Spanish skaters, especially Sara & Kirill, Laura & Ton, Dorota & Pedro, Hector, Aleix, Valentina, Sofia & Linus and yes also Olivia & Adria (I've been converted)
- Good result at Euros for Michal Březina
- Russian sweep in pairs at Euros and Worlds ;)
- More recognition for Sinitsina/Katsalapov and at least a second place at Worlds
- Sasha Samarin on podium at Worlds. He gets a lot of hate on Twitter and there's no better way to ensure that I'll be a fan.

Beckaboomer

Final Flight
In general, I wish for all of the skaters to be happy & healthy and to manage their training to reduce any injuries.

And if I must narrow it down, I wish for the continuing functionality of Yuzuru's ankles. I want him to finally get that 4CC title. :pray:

ruga

Final Flight
- Rika and Aliona both on Worlds podium, preferably with one of them winning
- Kevin Aymoz for Euros gold and Worlds medal
- No serious injuries and ilnesses for anyone
- Impartial and lawful judging (not gonna happen, but anyway)

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ashley Cain-Gribble and Tim Leduc to continue their upward journey, steady improvement, and to enjoy their unique talent and vision of two skating as one. :love:

skateluvr

Record Breaker
JMHO but the Shibs were not in great form this past SOI in the Spring. And definitely not better than H/D, though H/D did slower programs in SOI in 2019 than they usually do.

I’m no ice dance judge but I was right on ice and I loved the Shibs solo number. I really was not impressed with H/D. Maybe they were tired. They had just come of worlds and WTT. Some people are not great show skaters. Again it is opinion but I think given the Shibs stopped competing their number was still complex.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
All rightly then..you asked for it. (love ya P/C especially your RD this year but...)

The Death of Skating to Audiobooks and Voice Overs!

Wowsers..that was big..but called for. Sorry, not sorry.

Last edited:

McBibus

On the Ice
+ A new pair of boots for Zenya :dev3:
+ Alina to look behind her to Liza and Zenya and find the motivation to work and rework her skating everyday not for chasing a medal but just for herself
+ The 3A to remain the tight group they are and not being divided by result and bad press :ghug:
+ a 10 year rejuvenation to Fernandez, Cappellini and Lanotte so that they may compete again
+ a medal for Lucas Grassl, Guignard/Fabbri and Della Monica/Guarise
+ a world podium for Sasha and Vanja

++ ISU to go crazy and whitelist every woman with a 200+ result in international competitions for the 2021 euro and world championship
(That is not a wish but a miracle)

+++ No injuries please