Spinning Out | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Spinning Out

Seven Sisters

Medalist
Bad news for those of us that actually liked this series and wanted to see the conclusion rather than cliffhanger.

/[/url]

I lasted four episodes, and I think I only got that far because I wanted to see how convincing Johnny Weir might be as a pairs man :)

But I have a suggestion—let’s start a thread here, picking up the story where it left off, purely to entertain ourselves. I bet we can come up with better ideas than the writers did!

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
I am just sad because any show about figure skating might potentially rise more interest in figure skating...

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
I lasted four episodes, and I think I only got that far because I wanted to see how convincing Johnny Weir might be as a pairs man :)

But I have a suggestion—let’s start a thread here, picking up the story where it left off, purely to entertain ourselves. I bet we can come up with better ideas than the writers did!

Johnny actually started out in pairs and competed as so in juv and intermediate levels.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

I don’t know what the ratings were, but Netflix will typically give a show another year to grow an audience, whereas the US networks have gotten pretty ruthless.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
It had one of the higher viewer/rating for a new show on NF so they seem to just want to cancel things for the sake of it.

And that could mean anything, right? netflix doesn't shy away from 'controversial' topics?

lpt

On the Ice
I have to admit it wasn't good show. Modern figure skating deserves much better story.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It had one of the higher viewer/rating for a new show on NF so they seem to just want to cancel things for the sake of it.

Honestly I didn’t like it to begin with and ended up watching all 13 episodes at once so it grew on me.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
And that could mean anything, right? netflix doesn't shy away from 'controversial' topics?

13 Reasons Why is about teen suicide and on NF. Maybe bipolar is more controversial than suicide? Maybe the actors cost too much?

Me, I just want a man who would come home and find me scrubbing the floor with a toothbrush and go “I will scrub this floor with this toothbrush while you sleep.” Applications to PM.

jersey1302

On the Ice
Country
Canada
I honestly have nothing to "bad" to say about the show. I thought it was relatively well done, I thought the acting was pretty decent as well. I've seen A LOT worse lol. I was just excited to see a series about skating as well. I would definitely watch another season if there was one.

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
I watched this in a corona inspired shutdown in Ireland. Was it the greatest show I ever seen? No, but I did enjoy it and watched it over two days. Every time I seen Kat all I could think of was Tessa Virtue. I was surprised at the amount of shots they all drank, they must have been over the limit when skating the following morning.

I thought the acting was pretty good. There was a lot going on, with figure skating being only one part of it. I really grew to like the mother as the show progressed and she came to be quite likeable person. She had battled for years with bipolar but was there for her kids, putting them threw skating and holding down multiple jobs. I liked her relationship with Mandy, they weren’t friends at friends but there was respect and eventually friendship.

I thought Johnny Weir was good fun. Kinda surprised he started as a Pair skater, his outfits and makeup were amazing. Did we ever see him lift Leah? There was a lot of bitchiness between the skaters and between the parents is that usual? I liked Justin, it’s tough being a Pairs guy, all those girls fighting over him. I also liked his character in Arrow.

I found the scenes with Serena and Dr. Parker very uncomfortable. The way he spoke to her in the last episode was very uncomfortable. I wonder did Fontana/Zimmerman speak similarly to the young girl in the Cipres case?

I think there was more mileage in the show so I was sad to see it cancelled, I would definitely have returned for a second season.

gliese

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Oh, but at this rink, everyone has all of that and more pretty much all at once.
Because it's all common stuff that happens. Figure skaters are 4x more likely to have eating disorders. Skaters are perfectionists. Skaters have higher rates of mental illness. Skaters have injuries. Skaters have problems. It is actually very common.

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
After reading the comments, I may give this a look..