Parents of top skaters sitting in on all practices - Eteri's group | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Parents of top skaters sitting in on all practices - Eteri's group

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Anyone can, but only those informed will do the judgements that are somehow relevant. Just look how many people are surprised. I find it funny :biggrin:

Quoting myself just to show where uninformed judgements lead to. As Nussnacker brought the attention to the fact that Lilbet just had to create a twitter account because she felt the need to react on one of those judgements. So, yes, anybody can make a judgement, but there are right judgements, wrong judgements and lies.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Quoting myself just to show where uninformed judgements lead to. As Nussnacker brought the attention to the fact that Lilbet just had to create a twitter account because she felt the need to react on one of those judgements. So, yes, anybody can make a judgement, but there are right judgements, wrong judgements and lies.

What I love to see: actual quotes supporting a position. I try to use them all the time:thumbsup:

Quite right about wrong judgments. Like making unfounded and unsupported assumptions about posters’ motivations based only on one’s own speculations. I know no one here would that, and will offer citations and quotes *from those particular posters* before assigning motives to posters :thumbsup:

What LilBet has to do with open practices is less clear to me ;)

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
What I love to see: actual quotes supporting a position. I try to use them all the time:thumbsup:

Quite right about wrong judgments. Like making unfounded and unsupported assumptions about posters’ motivations based only on one’s own speculations. I know no one here would that, and will offer citations and quotes *from those particular posters* before assigning motives to posters :thumbsup:

What LilBet has to do with open practices is less clear to me ;)

There was a comment made by you:

Anyone can make judgments, Eteri fans do it, and people who are not Eteri fans do it. That’s what we do here.:laugh:

I am not surprised at all. I can’t imagine *any* coach, from the lowest level hometown rink to Eteri and Brian and Raf and whoever, not allowing parents or guardians in the rink.

To which I reacted by pointing out that truly "anyone can, but only those informed will do the judgements that are somehow relevant.". And one uninformed, biased or deliberately false judgement made Lilbet to react. Also, with open door policy there should be less of such things, if only people realize that such policy even exist and stop portraying Khrustalnyi arena as a place similar to a gladiator school. ;)

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
There was a comment made by you:

To which I reacted by pointing out that truly "anyone can, but only those informed will do the judgements that are somehow relevant.". And one uninformed, biased or deliberately false judgement made Lilbet to react. Also, with open door policy there should be less of such things, if only people realize that such policy even exist and stop portraying Khrustalnyi arena as a place similar to a gladiator school. ;)

Who are the “people” who have portrayed Eteri’s camp as a gladiator school here on Goldenskate? Can I see those posts, I would be interested in them? If there are no links, then I would presume they are not on Goldenskate.

Personally, I take quotes from skaters and use those quotes to either express my views. And I have seen many others do the same. Both “for” and “against” a coach, a skater, whoever. Much better than making presuppositions about the intent, motivations or mindset of posters, skaters, or others :yes:

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Who are the “people” who have portrayed Eteri’s camp as a gladiator school here on Goldenskate? Can I see those posts, I would be interested in them? If there are no links, then I would presume they are not on Goldenskate.

Personally, I take quotes from skaters and use those quotes to either express my views. And I have seen many others do the same. Both “for” and “against” a coach, a skater, whoever. Much better than making presuppositions about the intent, motivations or mindset of posters, skaters, or others :yes:

How about comparing Eteri's methods to Bela Karolyi? Don't be selectively blind, even as a person "who doesn't follow ladies much and russian ladies even less" you have to know that so called Eteri's methods are the leitmotif of many discussions here ;)