Roku warning | Golden Skate

Roku warning

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
A forum member warned me that the presentation of NBC Sports and NBC sports Gold app on Roku has just been changed.
This doesnt effect anyone getting NBC sports gold over the web on a browser...that still works fine. All the season is still there.

I went to the NBCSPORTSGOLD FB page and we are not alone....everyone is being told to get help at [email protected]
This is a bunch of Bravo Sierra. Imagine if the netflix app was redone and didnt work. I am about to go buy a laptop so I can watch worlds.

While cumbersome, you can still go to your Roku, get to NBC sports gold, and see what is coming up, but no replays. You can start to watch the GPF but it wants a code plugged into a website and they want your provider. Mine isnt listed.

MFarone

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Fans with Amazon Firesticks are having the same issues so this isn't just a Roku problem. NBC needs to straighten out the mess with the app used for streaming. I called NBC Sports help desk last Monday and they said that when the app was updated the figure skating videos were not uploaded which is why we can't find any in the replays. The help desk said they were working on the problem. I checked this morning and I'm still not seeing anything available for replay.

I find the app a pain in the neck to navigate but at the moment I do see Europeans SPs for January 23 and 24 and U. S. Nationals SPs for January 23 and 24.

Later today I'm going to logout of the app and back in and see if it asks for my provider. I use an atenna so don't have a provider. Having NBC Gold eliminated the need for a provider so I don't get why this issue keeps coming up. What a mess :mad:

Ross74

Medalist
What a pain! I've been using the xfinity app this season to view skating on Sports Gold, but before that, I used Roku without any problem. I just went thru Roku to see what you're talking about and it's a mess! The interface is horrible and it's hard to tell if you're really logged in. Yeah, and only the GPF is showing up in replays. Chris, maybe you should post this in the NBC Sports Gold thread.

Also, I just tried to watch a replay on TV using the xfinity app, and I don't seem to be able to fast forward anymore. Used to be able to. Don't know if that's the app or me. I can still FF on the laptop.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
What a pain! I've been using the xfinity app this season to view skating on Sports Gold, but before that, I used Roku without any problem. I just went thru Roku to see what you're talking about and it's a mess! The interface is horrible and it's hard to tell if you're really logged in. Yeah, and only the GPF is showing up in replays. Chris, maybe you should post this in the NBC Sports Gold thread.

Also, I just tried to watch a replay on TV using the xfinity app, and I don't seem to be able to fast forward anymore. Used to be able to. Don't know if that's the app or me. I can still FF on the laptop.

Yes, I openned up a trouble ticket and blasted them on the facebook page, NBC SPORTS Plastic. I will check out that link. MFarone is much smarter than I am. If anyone can figure this out, she can but this is really an NBC problem. The way to hurt them is use up their time. Swamp their facebook pages and contact us emails with compaints till they go back to the old app. File FCC compaints. Start a restance movement.
"I am fan, hear me roar, in numbers too great to ignore..."
(BTW, this is not only a skatin' issue....its all NBCSPORTSPLASTIC fans.)

MFarone

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I just checked my Roku again this afternoon and the replays are still missing. I logged out of the app and logged in again which prompted an activation code which had to be entered on my computer. I tried using nbcsports.com/gold-activate and that just sent me to https://www.nbcsports.com/activate. I was kind of expecting to be asked for a provider but that did not happen. The website just asked me for my device (Roku) and activation code (which was on my tv). I was already logged in on the NBC Sports Gold website on my laptop before I started this whole process. Not sure why CoyoteChris was asked for a provider when he entered his activation code.

I've already contacted the help desk but I'm going to give them another call on Monday if the replays are still missing. I'm still trying to figure out the best way to get to the figure skating on this new app and think it is going to be a pain in the neck.

Ross74 is probably correct that this should be in the other thread about NBC Sports Gold.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
When NBC changed the App over to entering Sports Gold from NBCSports last year, the replays did not go up at once. My hope is that they just are in progress. When I just looked, only the NBC sports Grand Prix Final replay was up. That is NBC Sports, not sports gold content so they will ask for an ISP-a big pain since my ISP is a little bitty one and not listed.

Clearly, there has been a major update, since I had to update my account again. I think it is connected with new privacy policies?

Also, the thing about ISP came up when I tried to sign in from a phone to activate two years ago. Use your laptop to activate, and you have to do it from nbcsports.com/activate, not sports gold.

I had to call their help line at one point when I first tried to watch on my firestick two years ago and had this problem. They were patient and helpful. When they get back to you, please post?

I am glad to see Europeans and US Nationals are up as scheduled future events.

Last edited:

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
When NBC changed the App over to entering Sports Gold from NBCSports last year, the replays did not go up at once. My hope is that they just are in progress. When I just looked, only the NBC sports Grand Prix Final replay was up. That is NBC Sports, not sports gold content so they will ask for an ISP-a big pain since my ISP is a little bitty one and not listed.

Clearly, there has been a major update, since I had to update my account again. I think it is connected with new privacy policies?

Also, the thing about ISP came up when I tried to sign in from a phone to activate two years ago. Use your laptop to activate, and you have to do it from nbcsports.com/activate, not sports gold.

I had to call their help line at one point when I first tried to watch on my firestick two years ago and had this problem. They were patient and helpful. When they get back to you, please post?

I am glad to see Europeans and US Nationals are up as scheduled future events.

Yeah, the exact same thing happened to me...I have an ity bity ISP and it wasnt listed.
Orignially, to set up Roku, I had to go to the web with my desktop, get a secret code, and plug it into the Roku.

This is so frustrating that they dont even warn you and keep telling you to contact customer service at an email that no one responds to.
At least I have a fall back in that I can borrow a laptop and plug that into the HDMI port of the tv....

Right now, all I see is upcoming events and I dont even know if I am still signed on.

When It was obvious that the new app didnt work, they should have returned to the old way till they got things ironed out.
I am not into class action law suits, but I am in to using up as much time of NBC sports technical help that I can and cost them money that way.
And slamming them on their facebook page with everyone else.
I will be gone till the 23rd so I cant wait to see what things are like when I return.

MFarone

Final Flight
Country
United-States
About a week ago I contacted NBC Gold customer service again about the lack of replays on the app and was told someone would get back to me...but as of this morning they are still missing.

If you are watching this via a Roku you should definitely go to NBC app and become familiar with it. I had to go through logging in and an received an activation code to enter on my computer. The app itself is very different from the previous one. The way I got to the "live and upcoming" competitions was by going to browse.