Skating star swindled | Golden Skate

Skating star swindled

ruga

Final Flight
Wait, it was for boyfriend? I heard her sister has some sort of complicated illness and she tried to contact psychics to help her (which is understandable in a way) and it was a scam as well. I read it a few months ago and I wonder if that's the same story, with either RT or me being misinformed about Adelina's motivation. And if she tried to seek psychic's help again even after having been scammed, then there is not much to say...

Scott512

Record Breaker
Adelina needs to be more aware other circumstances and how people will want to take advantage of her. But my heart breaks for her sister Maria's lifelong illness and I can understand how Adelina would do anything to help her even listening to psychics or whoever it is.

I am glad the people involved have apparently been arrested and hopefully they will spend a long time in jail. I just wish there was someone to advise Adelina. Because these kids are Elite at something like figure skating and smart but figure skating it doesn't mean they are life smart and they need to be protected better than they have been. Let's be honest parents agents managers need to do better jobs than they do.

Amei

Record Breaker
Adelina needs to be more aware other circumstances and how people will want to take advantage of her. But my heart breaks for her sister Maria's lifelong illness and I can understand how Adelina would do anything to help her even listening to psychics or whoever it is.

I am glad the people involved have apparently been arrested and hopefully they will spend a long time in jail. I just wish there was someone to advise Adelina. Because these kids are Elite at something like figure skating and smart but figure skating it doesn't mean they are life smart and they need to be protected better than they have been. Let's be honest parents agents managers need to do better jobs than they do.

The skater involved here, Sotnikova is 23 years old a full-grown adult.

Scott512

Record Breaker

so adults don't make mistakes or taken in? Yes Adelina is an adult. I just wish this situation had been avoided. The sad thing is they're always sneaky people ready to prey on unsuspecting people in need. That will unfortunately never change.

Amei

Record Breaker
so adults don't make mistakes or taken in? Yes Adelina is an adult. I just wish this situation had been avoided. The sad thing is they're always sneaky people ready to prey on unsuspecting people in need. That will unfortunately never change.

Adults can certainly make mistakes - my post was in reply to your post about "these kids" needing protection; Adelina's not a kid she is an adult

Scott512

Record Breaker
Adults can certainly make mistakes - my post was in reply to your post about "these kids" needing protection; Adelina's not a kid she is an adult

Well I was a victim of fraud an older age than Adelina was and I should have been more on the ball and it cost me many thousands of dollars. What they did to Adelina is pray on her pain of having her sister with an illness for life and to take advantage of that is especially cruel. Glad for those who have been arrested. They certainly bring great shame to their families. Unbelievable.

lizardlass

On the Ice
"Psychics" of this breed are skilled con artists. They prey on the vulnerable. Even the brightest people can be taken advantage of. After the death of her son, successful romance novelist, Jude Deveraux, was swindled out of millions by a "psychic" over a long period of time. I'm glad that the person who scammed Adelina was caught. So many of these people are never brought to justice. (Sylvia Browne comes instantly to mind.)

Scott512

Record Breaker
"Psychics" of this breed are skilled con artists. They prey on the vulnerable. Even the brightest people can be taken advantage of. After the death of her son, successful romance novelist, Jude Deveraux, was swindled out of millions by a "psychic" over a long period of time. I'm glad that the person who scammed Adelina was caught. So many of these people are never brought to justice. (Sylvia Browne comes instantly to mind.)

Very true and very sad.

Moxiejan

Medalist
Country
United-States
Well I was a victim of fraud an older age than Adelina was and I should have been more on the ball and it cost me many thousands of dollars. What they did to Adelina is pray on her pain of having her sister with an illness for life and to take advantage of that is especially cruel. Glad for those who have been arrested. They certainly bring great shame to their families. Unbelievable.

Then, obviously, this is a problem that affects vulnerable people of all ages & it is not just “kids” who need protection.

Scott512

Record Breaker
Sylvia Browne’s greatest worst hits: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MY7xkPqW0G8

I will never understand why anyone would waste their money and time on these psychics. Or fundamentalist tele-ministers. All are frauds.

Psychics are a lot different than television ministers. That people believe in psychics shows their desperation if that is taken advantage of. Awful. People have to be their best advocate and proceed cautiously wherever they go wherever money is involved. I need to follow this edict myself.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

That doesn’t mean she isn’t naive. People miss out on things spending their lives in ice rinks. (Not that it’s their fault).

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Then, obviously, this is a problem that affects vulnerable people of all ages & it is not just “kids” who need protection.

Romance scams prey on older women and men and Interpol won’t get involved. People have lost millions and sometimes Western Union and other money sending agencies will block them from sending money and they will convince others to do it for them. It is really sad.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I saw this on Twitter...suffice to say a few people wrote some rather unkind things about Adelina.

She must feel like a fool and I doubt she needs others to point it out. :/

I'm glad the scammers got caught!

Manitou

Medalist
Paying money to fortune telling is already a sign of an extreme foolishness, scammers or not. So if you decide to pay anyway then don't expect others to feel sorry for you.

Scott512

Record Breaker
That doesn’t mean she isn’t naive. People miss out on things spending their lives in ice rinks. (Not that it’s their fault).
That's a very interesting point and a very accurate point. People who spend their lives in the gym or on the rancor on the football field or on the soccer field or in the basketball arena or the hockey arena might not be savvy outside of their facility.
Romance scams prey on older women and men and Interpol won’t get involved. People have lost millions and sometimes Western Union and other money sending agencies will block them from sending money and they will convince others to do it for them. It is really sad.
So true.sad but true.

mrrice

Record Breaker

This is completely true. I spent so much time in studios that I could hardly relate to people my own age. Young or Old, these people look for others who are in a desperate state and take advantage. I place no blame on Adelina.

Scott512

Record Breaker
I saw this on Twitter...suffice to say a few people wrote some rather unkind things about Adelina.

She must feel like a fool and I doubt she needs others to point it out. :/

I'm glad the scammers got caught!

Well said. People can be unbelievably vicious and cruel online. It says more about them as a person and it does the person they are mocking.