2020 Youth Olympic Games: Junior ISU Predictions Game Round 1 | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2020 Youth Olympic Games: Junior ISU Predictions Game Round 1

Dreamer57

Record Breaker
Ladies
1. Kseniia SINITSYNA
2. Young YOU
3. Anna FROLOVA
4. Ekaterina RYABOVA
5. Mana KAWABE
6. Alessia TORNAGHI

Men
1. Daniil SAMSONOV
2. Yuma KAGIYAMA
3. Andrei MOZALEV
4. Yudong CHEN
5. Aleksa RAKIC
6. Younghyun CHA

Pairs
1. Apollinariia PANFILOVA / Dmitry RYLOV
2. Diana MUKHAMETZIANOVA / Ilya MIRONOV
3. Brooke MCINTOSH / Brandon TOSTE
4. Alina BUTAEVA / Luka BERULAVA
5. Yuchen WANG / Yihang HUANG
6. Sofiia NESTEROVA / Artem DARENSKYI

Dance
1. Irina KHAVRONINA / Dario CIRISANO
2. Katarina WOLFKOSTIN / Jeffrey CHEN
3. Sofya TYUTYUNINA / Alexander SHUSTITSKIY
4. Miku MAKITA / Tyler GUNARA
5. Natalie D'ALESSANDRO / Bruce WADDELL
6. Utana YOSHIDA / Shingo NISHIYAMA

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I’m not going to try to pull the wool over your eyes – I admit that I am not as familiar with the Junior skaters. So, this is almost purely based on the past scores that are on Rink Results.

In the Ladies, I was pleasantly surprised to find that You Young was top of the list. That said, I am nearly sure that if fskate.ru was still around, then I would find that the Russian girls have higher scores from domestic competitions. But, it isn’t, so this is what I have to go by.

In terms of the scoring positions, I did deviate from the statistics a wee bit behind the Russians. There were 6 points covering Kawabe, Tornaghi, and Ryabova. Now, I have been a fan of Tornaghi for more years than I should probably admit to! And I also like Ryabova a lot. So, I moved both of them ahead of Kawabe.

This may seem strange considering that Kawabe is this season’s Japanese Junior Champion and I normally like to put the Japanese skaters as high as I can. But, internationally, the other two have been scoring higher than her.

For the rest of them, Kiibus is probably the only one that I would say I was relatively familiar with. So, I just kept everybody else ordered by the scores.

With the Men, it was slightly better. Like with the Ladies, I was familiar with all the skaters that were in the Top 5 positions in the list. But there were more skaters further down the list that I was familiar with as well.

Unfortunately, Cha was the only one of these skaters that was in the Top 10 by score. He was in 7[SUP]th[/SUP]. But, since the guy in 6[SUP]th[/SUP] didn’t ring any bells with me, I moved Cha up a place to be my alternate (even though Rakić was a good few points ahead of him).

I was actually happy with the order of the guys in front of him, so I kept them at that.

In Pairs, even before I started doing my research, I knew who I was putting in the Top 2 positions, and in what order. And luckily enough, the statistics agreed with me.

I knew who I was putting in the next 2 positions as well, but wasn’t sure which order to put them in. But, when I went to the statistics, I found that although the Georgians had only 4 competitions listed, the Ukrainians were at also at those same four competitions. And the Georgians finished higher in every single one of them.

For the rest of them, I just went with the scores. Because, although I did recognise the names of the Canadians, Chinese and German partnerships, I wasn’t sure where they would fit in compared to each other or to the American partnership that I had never even heard tell of before.

Ice Dance was interesting when I ordered the partnerships by scores. Because one of the partnerships I had never heard tell of ended up on top. That said, all the partnerships I was familiar with filled the next 5 positions!

Well, that is not strictly true. I did recognise Denisa Cimlová’s name, but not her partner’s. So, seeing that I cannot find any previous partners for her, I wonder if I am remembering her name from when she was doing Singles skating.

Anyway, I kept the whole field in the order of the scores. There wasn’t actually much covering 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] position down to 6[SUP]th[/SUP] position. And barely a cigarette paper separating 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] and 4[SUP]th[/SUP]. But, keeping them in that order also made sense when you looked at the positions in the competitions that overlapped between them.

CaroLiza_fan

YOUTH OLYMPICS

Ladies

1. Young YOU, KOR
2. Kseniia SINITSYNA, RUS
3. Anna FROLOVA, RUS
4. Alessia TORNAGHI, ITA
5. Mana KAWABE, JPN
6. Ekaterina RYABOVA, AZE
7. Eva Lotta KIIBUS, EST
8. Audrey SHIN, USA
9. Alina URUSHADZE, GEO
10. Kate WANG, USA

Men

1. Daniil SAMSONOV, RUS
2. Yuma KAGIYAMA, JPN
3. Andrei MOZALEV, RUS
4. Yudong CHEN, CHN
5. Ilia MALININ, USA
6. Younghyun CHA, KOR
7. Aleksa RAKIC, CAN
8. Liam KAPEIKIS, USA
9. Andrey KOKURA, UKR
10. Daniel MRAZEK, CZE

Pairs

1. Apollinariia PANFILOVA / Dmitry RYLOV, RUS
2. Diana MUKHAMETZIANOVA / Ilya MIRONOV, RUS
3. Alina BUTAEVA / Luka BERULAVA, GEO
4. Sofiia NESTEROVA / Artem DARENSKYI, UKR
5. Brooke MCINTOSH / Brandon TOSTE, CAN
6. Yuchen WANG / Yihang HUANG, CHN
7. Catherine FLEMING / Jedidah ISBELL, USA
8. Letizia ROSCHER / Luis SCHUSTER, GER

Ice Dance

1. Irina KHAVRONINA / Dario CIRISANO, RUS
2. Katarina WOLFKOSTIN / Jeffrey CHEN, USA
3. Sofya TYUTYUNINA / Alexander SHUSTITSKIY, RUS
4. Miku MAKITA / Tyler GUNARA, CAN
5. Natalie D'ALESSANDRO / Bruce WADDELL, CAN
6. Utana YOSHIDA / Shingo NISHIYAMA, JPN
7. Yulia LEBEDEVA-BITADZE / Mikhail KAYGORODTSEV, GEO
8. Giulia TUBA / Andrea TUBA, ITA
9. Denisa CIMLOVA / Vilem HLAVSA, CZE
10. Anna CHERNIAVSKA / Oleg MURATOV, UKR

Mohacz

Medalist
Country
Poland
YOUTH OLYMPIC GAMES - ICE DANCE RESULTS

Hello, everyone. Sorry for posting it so late, but here go the Ice Dance results. There were 38 participants and we have 1 winner, 3 silver and 5 bronze medalists. The podium looks as follows:

SILVER MEDAL
55 points

CaroLiza_fan
Dreamer57
GoneWithTheWind
GOLD MEDAL
60 points

cabres

:hap10::hap93::clapper:
BRONZE MEDAL
50 points

Colonel Green
Jeanie19
Sherlock Marple
Step Sequence4
Winry

All the results are already uploaded to the Google spreadsheet that can be found here.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Hello from the other side! (Windows 10, rather than Windows 7)

Hello, everyone. Sorry for posting it so late, but here go the Ice Dance results.

You shouldn't be the one apologising, Mohacz. It should be me.

It was my fault for not getting the thread opened before I went offline for those few days while I got everything sorted out with the new computer.

Things really conspired against me this week. For those that don't know, Mohacz was the only volunteer who was able to score this week. So, I am scoring the other categories.

Unfortunately, whilst I had most of the stuff installed on the new computer by the end of Wednesday, my Office disc wouldn't work. So, I was in a position where the internet was on one computer, and Office was on the other. Which meant I couldn't copy the predictions into the algorithm. But, after borrowing an Office disc from my Uncle, I have now got it installed and have the predictions in the algorithm.

As it stands, I have already completed the scoring for the Ladies and the Men, and am at the coding stage for the Pairs. So, I should be able to announce everything in the morning.

Sorry again for the delay.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Here are the results for the Ladies competition at the Youth Olympic Games.

Due to transferring to a new computer, I haven’t actually started watching the Youth Olympics yet. So, to avoid finding out the results, this scoring was done without paying any attention to where the skaters finished (which, believe it or not, was actually possible, because I could do the coding from looking at the predictions rather than looking at the results).

Consequently, there will be no analysis of the predictions results.

Here are the podium finishers.

GOLD with 70 points: DenissVFan.

SILVER with 60 points: Alex65, CaroLiza_fan, Jeanie19, luckyu2, Nirti, Shakuhachi, Sherlock Marple, SnowWhite.

BRONZE with 55 points: alyssamarie, cabres, GINO, invisiblespiral, Jontor, MaHa75, marulia, Pandicorn, purplecat, ruga, TheMightyBidoof, vesperalvioletta, Weathergal.

Congratulations!!! :cheer: :clap: :rock: :party2: :points:

All the scores from the Youth Olympics are already in the Scoresheet. A provisional Hall Of Fame post showing the podium positions for each category has been posted. The full version with the overall podium positions will follow at a later stage, as there are some Office related issues to be worked out.

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Here are the results for the Men’s competition at the Youth Olympic Games.

Due to transferring to a new computer, I haven’t actually started watching the Youth Olympics yet. So, to avoid finding out the results, this scoring was done without paying any attention to where the skaters finished (which, believe it or not, was actually possible, because I could do the coding from looking at the predictions rather than looking at the results).

GOLD with 75 points: TheBallerina.

SILVER with 70 points: luckyu2, SnowWhite, Spirals for Miles, Step Sequence4.

BRONZE with 65 points: cabres, elektra blue, Jeanie19, Lunalovesskating, lutz, Shakuhachi, Sherlock Marple, vesperalvioletta.

All the scores from the Youth Olympics are already in the Scoresheet. A provisional Hall Of Fame post showing the podium positions for each category has been posted. The full version with the overall podium positions will follow at a later stage, as there are some Office related issues to be worked out.

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Here are the results for the Pairs competition at the Youth Olympic Games.

GOLD with 75 points: cabres, invisiblespiral, Koatterce, MaHa75, ruga, Sabine, SnowWhite, Spirals for Miles, sunnystars, sweetener, vesperalvioletta.

SILVER with 65 points: Alex65, alyssamarie, Dreamer57, Gourlie, luckyu2, Lunalovesskating, Nirti, Pandicorn, Shakuhachi, TheMightyBidoof, Weathergal.

BRONZE with 60 points: IndiaP12, purplecat.

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan