Lace bite :( | Golden Skate

Lace bite :(

Nimyue

On the Ice
I've used Bungas, but with lace bite lower on the foot, I've purchased a large square of gel and cut it myself into a rectangle to put under the tongue.

cl2

Final Flight
I've used Bungas, but with lace bite lower on the foot, I've purchased a large square of gel and cut it myself into a rectangle to put under the tongue.

Good suggestion to use a separate gel pad for the irritated area---thanks! Previously when I tried using a Bunga pad it just made the lace bite worse, because it took up so much space in the boot and ended up putting even more pressure on the tendon. For a while, I was also using the "donut" method, cutting a hole in a cosmetic pad so that the irritated spot is left open with less pressure and the surrounding area takes more of the pressure. That worked barely enough for me to get through each session without crying from the pain. Today, I adapted the donut method to a strip of gel: covering the irritated spot with a single layer of gel and doubling it up in the surrounding area. It worked pretty well!

Elija

On the Ice
Good suggestion to use a separate gel pad for the irritated area---thanks! Previously when I tried using a Bunga pad it just made the lace bite worse, because it took up so much space in the boot and ended up putting even more pressure on the tendon. For a while, I was also using the "donut" method, cutting a hole in a cosmetic pad so that the irritated spot is left open with less pressure and the surrounding area takes more of the pressure. That worked barely enough for me to get through each session without crying from the pain. Today, I adapted the donut method to a strip of gel: covering the irritated spot with a single layer of gel and doubling it up in the surrounding area. It worked pretty well!

I do this on a very painful accessory navicular bone on one foot. I made a little foam donut from thin foam from the pharmacy main to stick in shoes for extra padding. The foam is good cause you can reuse it every time you skate! I just stick it in place with some of that papery medical tape.

cl2

Final Flight
I do this on a very painful accessory navicular bone on one foot. I made a little foam donut from thin foam from the pharmacy main to stick in shoes for extra padding. The foam is good cause you can reuse it every time you skate! I just stick it in place with some of that papery medical tape.

Those papery medical tapes are amazing. I use them all the time to guard from potential blisters, and they take up no space at all in the boot! Not to mention my discovery of the century, they are FSA eligible!

WednesdayMarch

Nicer When Fed
Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
Those papery medical tapes are amazing. I use them all the time to guard from potential blisters, and they take up no space at all in the boot! Not to mention my discovery of the century, they are FSA eligible!

If you mean micropore tape, it's the best stuff on the planet! I play the harp and get terrible blisters on fingers at times (usually when I've been playing less than normal and my callouses aren't thick enough). Micropore is the only stuff that can cover the blisters and still enable you to play. I introduced a guitarist to it when on tour and he was amazed.