Improper blade mounting? | Golden Skate

Improper blade mounting?

GracieGoldIsBAE

Rinkside
So i just got my new boots and blades, and i have a few issues..
I went from a Coronation Ace Size 10 1/4 to a size 9 3/4 revolution version. My lutz, toeloop, loop and sal were back after 3 trainings, but i keep missing my flip which used to be my best jump. I either land on my toepics or feel weird af while picking with the right foot, kinda like my toes are way too close to the ice while picking.

I kinda feel like my blades were improperly mounted, too far behind on my boots. Edea recommends for the size 260 boot which has a 247mm sole a size 9 3/4 blade which has a 247.4mm stancion. So it should be a tiny bit longer than the "flat" part of the sole, but it should fit perfectly the entire sole considering that there is a curved part on the front of the sole which isnt calculated into the sole length. My blades are not mounted heel to toe as Edea recommends, there is a bit room left on the front of the sole, and the blade goes over the sole on the back.

Could this be the case why i keep landing on my toepics, and why i feel iffy while picking?

Pictures:
Full https://imgur.com/gallery/0igtvm7
Back2 https://imgur.com/gallery/gLlyp9d
Front1 https://imgur.com/gallery/8xPawmF
Back https://imgur.com/gallery/5D8mUoF

Elija

On the Ice
The do look quite far back on the heel compared to how mine look (i have the same skates but regular CA blades). Maybe that’s just how the revolutions sit? You could always go back to tech and ask them to adjust- i usually have to have my blades moved multiple times before I’m happy with them.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Find a new experienced skate tech and have them fix your blade mount. They should be watching you skate in them to help with proper mounting.

jersey1302

On the Ice
Country
Canada
Show a picture of both booth upside down. I want to see the entire bottoms head on. I have Edeas too and want to compare them to mine.

GracieGoldIsBAE

Rinkside
Find a new experienced skate tech and have them fix your blade mount. They should be watching you skate in them to help with proper mounting.

Yeah, most likely thats gonna happen.. I asked a bunch of competitve friends/rinkmates of mine and they got their blades mounted by him, but none of them had this issue.. :/

Theres only one other skate tech in my country, which i take my skates to sharpen, and he told me that the left blade is okay but the right is not properly mounted, but he havent plugged edea boots before.. im sad and disappointed

- - - Updated - - -

And they're permanently mounted?? Looks like all the screws are in. Noooo....

Yes, they are, and im mad about that.

Sibelius

On the Ice
That just looks, well wrong. My only comment is that Wilson QC isn't the greatest (and I've heard the same about Edea) so I'd make real sure that boot and blade's specs are correct. That should have been done by your tech, but in the real world...

Can't believe someone let that out of the shop.

tstop4me

Final Flight
Country
United-States
OP: Note there is no one correct mounting. So you can't just look at it (or photos) and tell whether it's correct or not. It depends on the foot of the particular skater. Just as the inside/outside position can be varied, so can the heel/toe position (as well as different angular orientations and tilts) to suit an individual foot. But a major strike against your skate tech is that he automatically installed the full complement of screws. That's the whole point of a temporary mount (two screws on the sole plate, two screws on the heel plate): you try out the initial mounting, give feedback to the tech, and he then adjusts the mounting if needed (with a minimum of old holes to plug).

jersey1302

On the Ice
Country
Canada
Edeas come with a specific guide on how to install and how to test the temporary mount before it get permanently mounted and how to figure it out if its proper. I am guessing they didnt use it?