3. Bradie Tennell
4. Emily Zhang
5-10. Amber Glenn/Starr Andrews/Karen Chen/Gracie Gold/Hanna Harrell/Sarah Jung

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
i think there is quite a large chance she will still WD, i think that is why no one is mentioning her. she WD from the youth olympics which begins tomorrow for ladies. US nationals is 2 weeks following.

Hopefully she WD so she’d be in better shape for Nats :think:

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Emily was on my list to potentially be up there, but she didn’t skate well in yesterday’s short at the mentor cup.

Put her back on your list. Mentor Turin was Emily's very first international competition. She had a nervy SP but a very well-skated FS, and wound up with the silver medal. She also now has the SP TES minimum for 4CC and the FS TES minimum for Worlds.

natsulian

Final Flight
Emily's Free: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERHf4L1845g

Not her best Free program, but not a disaster either. This was her very first international competition and she showed grit and the mental strength to come back from a subpar Short program. Hopefully she can skate cleanly at Nationals and then at 4CC if they make her go.

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
I’m genuinely confused: why do so many people think that this Emily Zhang girl will place so high at nationals? Is it just because she did a good performance at sectionals? Does she have much difficulty planned, and is she consistent enough to pull it off?

skatenewbie

Medalist
I’m genuinely confused: why do so many people think that this Emily Zhang girl will place so high at nationals? Is it just because she did a good performance at sectionals? Does she have much difficulty planned, and is she consistent enough to pull it off?
She's not consistent but she has the difficulty to land her in top 6 at nats. She have 3S-3Lo combo. If she can land all or almost all of her jumps it wont be hard for her to be in top 6. She scored 197 point in sectionals, including 130+ in FS. It's not international level but the judging is not so inflated like when the actual nats happening (GOE and PCS)

natsulian

Final Flight

We are still unsure about how consistent she is, but she managed to put together two consecutive clean skates from Regionals to Sectionals. She has nice jumps, very good spins, listens to the music, and scored nearly 200 points domestically. However, she had a very rough Short and a subpar Free at her first international assignment so we'll see if that was just a nervous fluke. Nevertheless, a promising talent indeed.

Amei

Record Breaker
We are still unsure about how consistent she is, but she managed to put together two consecutive clean skates from Regionals to Sectionals. She has nice jumps, very good spins, listens to the music, and scored nearly 200 points domestically. However, she had a very rough Short and a subpar Free at her first international assignment so we'll see if that was just a nervous fluke. Nevertheless, a promising talent indeed.

This is my first time seeing her skate, 2 areas of concern on the FS at Mentor Cup: her spins while nice, she seemed to struggle with flexibility (losing balance on her CCoSp4) but she doesn't seem to have much flow coming out of her jumps. She is a lovely skater to watch and I liked her double axel entry

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I will go out on a limb and say

1. Alyssa Liu
2. Bradie Tennel
3. Mariah Bell
4. Karen Chen
5. Gracie Gold
6. Amber Glenn

SkateTM0102

On the Ice
I have no idea who will come after the top 3, but if I was Karen Chen or Gracie I would be training hard. While their tech content isn’t currently what it once was, they have experience and their skating looks like they’ve competed against the best in the world. I hope the event being wide open gives them both motivation!

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Sorry to hear that Hanna Harrell has withdrawn from US Nationals. :cry: Take the time to heal completely, Hanna! :ghug:

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
I will go out on a limb and say

1. Alyssa Liu
2. Bradie Tennel
3. Mariah Bell
4. Karen Chen
5. Gracie Gold
6. Amber Glenn

My prediction would be:
1) Alysa Liu
2) Bradie Tennel
3) Mariah Bell
4) - 8) Draw the following names out of a hat: Amber, Emily, Gracie, Karen, Starr

This assumes Gracie has improved a lot since Sectionals. I don't think what she showed there would get her into the top 8 at Nationals.

skateluvr

Record Breaker
Emily's Free: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERHf4L1845g

Not her best Free program, but not a disaster either. This was her very first international competition and she showed grit and the mental strength to come back from a subpar Short program. Hopefully she can skate cleanly at Nationals and then at 4CC if they make her go.

I don’t think I have seen her before. She certainly has potential. But I felt I was watching a very nervous girl who was really looking like it was difficult.. I’ll bet she flies around like a butterfly in practice. Good luck to Emily Zhang. If only these oh so serious young skaters would watch Michelle Kwan or Katarina Witt. They smiled and they did not take this seriously. Michelle used to say this is a sport not brain surgery. That ability to have perspective from a young age was what made her a great competitor. Many could have beaten them were they consistent, but they had nerves of steel. Sometimes a smile can be forced but allowing the joy of skating to come through makes us enjoy regardless of the tech content. Mariah Bell is the best example these days of someone who natural love of skating is propelling her to great skates. She always smiles and even if there were mistakes she engages people. I hope Emily can learn this as she has some lovely qualities.

Moxiejan

Medalist
Country
United-States
^^ I think a major talent of Kwan & Witt was that they made it LOOK like they were just enjoying their sport & not taking it seriously.