SA 2020 reservations | Golden Skate

SA 2020 reservations

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Sorry if I am not making sense but I am on my fone on the MS Rotterdam off of Mexico And it's just after happy hour. A valued forum member has informed me that certain dates for SA 2020 the Orleans is filling up. I couldn't get Tuesday the 20th but got all other dates. They have a great cancellation policy so If you are thinking of going, you might consider making a reservation. Just sayin'
Chris in Margaritaville.
(Did I mention unlimited 🥓 bacon?)
$86 a night plus tax

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Sorry if I am not making sense but I am on my fone on the MS Rotterdam off of Mexico And it's just after happy hour. A valued forum member has informed me that certain dates for SA 2020 the Orleans is filling up. I couldn't get Tuesday the 20th but got all other dates. They have a great cancellation policy so If you are thinking of going, you might consider making a reservation. Just sayin'
Chris in Margaritaville.
(Did I mention unlimited �� bacon?)
$86 a night plus tax

How did you reserve to get the $86 a night rate? Online I'm getting 97.75 + 13% tax + 30.50 resort fee as the lowest price

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
How did you reserve to get the $86 a night rate? Online I'm getting 97.75 + 13% tax + 30.50 resort fee as the lowest price
I went on line through the Official website and chose the cheapest rate (for 5 nights). Oddly, when I chose, the website lit up for a second not unlike a slot machine and said I got an $86 rate. Congratulations. Yes, the taxes are as bad as last time but my room was very nice.[emoji6]

MFarone

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I've read a little about this situation and here is what I know. The National Football League Oakland Raiders are moving to Las Vegas and will start playing at the new stadium being built for the team. If the stadium isn't finished in July as scheduled then the team would likely play one more season in Oakland California. The National Football League doesn't publish its schedule until the middle of April, but if that stadium is completed there is the possibility of the Raiders playing on Sunday, or maybe on Monday or Thursday.

Once that NFL schedule comes out, and if the Raiders are playing in Las Vegas, hotel rooms will be harder to find and good deals will be very hard to find. So, IMO, book early and cancel if necessary.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I'm guessing, though, they have a block of rooms set aside to book for the Skate America rate like they did last time? I hope? Otherwise yikes.

ETA looks like there are still rooms available for the dates I'm looking at being down there (weds through mon) so I'm not too concerned yet... but noticed that booking directly through the site has me paying the total upfront. Last time we paid when we left? :confused:

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I called their 800 number and booked my room (800-675-3267). The lady I talked to said the contract hasn't been signed yet to give the discount, but I can call back later and give the code and get the discount. Tuesday to Monday, double room with 2 queen beds comes to $789 with all the taxes and fees. That sounds very similar to last year, then when we called back later and got the discount, it was $500 something. She asked me if I had a B Connect card, so I don't know if that entitled me to a discount or not. (Actually I couldn't find the card, but she looked it up for me). They're very accommodating and helpful on their 800 number...Sounds like another fun competition. Looking forward to it!

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I called their 800 number and booked my room (800-675-3267). The lady I talked to said the contract hasn't been signed yet to give the discount, but I can call back later and give the code and get the discount. Tuesday to Monday, double room with 2 queen beds comes to $789 with all the taxes and fees. That sounds very similar to last year, then when we called back later and got the discount, it was $500 something. She asked me if I had a B Connect card, so I don't know if that entitled me to a discount or not. (Actually I couldn't find the card, but she looked it up for me). They're very accommodating and helpful on their 800 number...Sounds like another fun competition. Looking forward to it!

when you called the 800 number did you have to pay for the full amount or just a booking fee?

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
when you called the 800 number did you have to pay for the full amount or just a booking fee?

They charged $62.15 to my credit card, so it's just for one night plus the tax (I think). They have those resort fees, but I don't think you pay that until later. The week nights are super cheap and (as always) the weekend nights are much higher.