Risport rf3 pro - Risport Royal Pro differences | Golden Skate

Risport rf3 pro - Risport Royal Pro differences

thesoundofice

Rinkside
Hi everyone,
I'm an adult skater currently in Edea Chorus (D width). My skates have worked quite well until now. In fact they're already starting to break down. The heel area had to be narrowed but now I can feel my heel slipping up & down when I jump. I'm considering trying Risport, which I had put aside because I had a bad, painful experience in the past ( 20 years ago 😅).
I don't remember where but I read that Risports could actually work for wide feet, even if one might think the contrary.
I'm interested in both Rf3 Pro and Royal Pro. Since they start two different lines of boots, I guess there might be other differences beyond stiffness ( 60 and 65).
Is there anyone that can help?
Thanks

Yannis94

Rinkside
I wouldn't personally switch to a boot with less stiffness than the previous if you feel the boot has broken down. Edea chorus stiffness rating is 70. I would go to the Risport RF1 pro or Royal Elite. Both come at 90 on the stiffness scale. Also they also come in C width as the largest. But unlike Edea, they are heatmoldable. So that'd be something worth taking into account.

Also check the Risport website. Doing your research is key.

I have also heard the Edea Piano is somewhat smaller compared to Ice Fly and Concerto. So that could also be worth looking into.

I suggest go to a pro shop that carries both Risport and Edea and ask to try the boots. And get properly fitted.

Nimyue

On the Ice
You can't compare stiffness ratings across brands. If you're jumping singles/some doubles the Royal Pro is fine.

I don't know about Edea/Risport, but the Risport C width is comparable to a Jackson D width. They also have a rounder toe box. They work for me and I have wide feet with my middle toe being my longest toe. I did have the toe box punched a tad for my little toe.

I have the Royal Pro, but I just got them, so I can't speak about how they break down. I have all my singles and dbl Sal, working on dbl T and dbl L, and my jumps are pretty large for an adult. I am also 140lbs, so I'm not small :) They are stiffer than my Jackson Elites, but they fit totally different. So far, I really really love them.

My Jackson Elites were E width and the Risport C with a slight widening worked for me. The heel lock isn't as tight as my Jackson A heel, but the boot has just a totally different fit, so the heel works fine for me.

Definitely try to find a fitter who can order them and fit you. The boots are fairly simple to customize a bit if the fitter knows what they're doing. I also found the two fitters in my area can order them, but they don't advertise them and they aren't dealers listed on Risport's site.

thesoundofice

Rinkside
Thanks for your answers.
I have all singles, double sal and double toe .. but I don't think I'll ever make it to the double lutz.
I forgot to say that I had the chance to touch the Royal Pro. I couldn't try them on because they weren't my size. Somewhat they seemed stiffer than the Chorus even if rated softer. I mean, they're both stiff but in differents ways. Edea in general seem to be softer. Definitely softer than the pair of Graf I used to wear years ago. But this is just my opinion and I'm not an expert.
Anyway, I'll go to a shop, try them on and see what I can do. I'm looking for a pair of skates that can last more than one season.
I'm more on the heavy side but I didn't think Chorus would break down so fast ( 1 year and 5 months).

Nimyue

On the Ice
If you're on doubles, wearing a synthetic boot, any boot will probably only last a season. If you go to the Royal Elite, you'll just make your break in time worse and they still won't last much longer more than likely.

You might get an older style leather boot to last 2 years or so, but even that's unlikely. If you jump large and have doubles you're just going to buying boots every year or so.

And yes you cannot compare the stiffness numbers of Edea, Risport, etc any brand all with one another. There are no ratings standards, the numbers only relate to eachother within each brand.

ETA - it's not just the force of your skating that breaks down a boot, your sweat from your feet will break down the materials regardless of what you're skating puts them through.

bostonskaterguy86

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Risport’s customer-facing website doesn’t have much info but I found this link posted on another forum with some more technical information about the RF and Royal lines:
https://issuu.com/klsport/docs/catalogo_tecnico_a4_risport_ice-rol/2?ff

I actually just picked up a pair of used Royal Pros in my size with Matrix Elite blades at a thrift store for very cheap - I’ve been in Jackson Debuts/MK Pros for two years and I’m using it as an opportunity to trial a different brand/blade for cheap! Excited to see how they feel!

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Risport’s customer-facing website doesn’t have much info but I found this link posted on another forum with some more technical information about the RF and Royal lines:
https://issuu.com/klsport/docs/catalogo_tecnico_a4_risport_ice-rol/2?ff

I actually just picked up a pair of used Royal Pros in my size with Matrix Elite blades at a thrift store for very cheap - I’ve been in Jackson Debuts/MK Pros for two years and I’m using it as an opportunity to trial a different brand/blade for cheap! Excited to see how they feel!

There's alot of info here on Risport and their different boots that I've posted in depth over many threads. Someone just needs to go searching in this part of the forum. ;)

bostonskaterguy86

On the Ice
Country
United-States
There's alot of info here on Risport and their different boots that I've posted in depth over many threads. Someone just needs to go searching in this part of the forum. ;)

I found technical information from the manufacturer that answered OP‘s question, so I shared it. Sorry if that was unwelcome.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
I found technical information from the manufacturer that answered OP‘s question, so I shared it. Sorry if that was unwelcome.

You completely took my post the wrong way. I stated there was information that could be used had OP looked for it, that is also from the manufacturer, that I had posted. I'm not sitting here making stuff up. And I never said your post was unwelcome.

jalexandroff

Spectator
New to these forums but wanted to throw in some personal experience.

My daughter was in Edea for almost 2 years but was breaking her skates down so fast it was brutal on my wallet. Never mind she’s only 10 and growing. Doing doubles up to double lutz some double axel attempts.

We ended up ordering royal pros to trial and they compared somewhere in between her chorus and Icefly in terms of stiffness. However where she was a straight C in Edea, Risport C was too wide for her in both the heel and depth - meaning the toe box was too high (We found length was the same for us). After a month of trying all sorts of adjustments they went back in the box. They were great for her arch though - she has somewhat flat feet/collapsed arches. My friends child has the same size street shoe but much thicker feet and ankles and the Risport Royal fit her nicely but she (friend) prefers the Jacksons because the newer Jacksons have more arch support for her.

Right now daughter is in a pair of Risport rf3 pro in a B - I mean at first these were a much better fit - and they are 8 months old total and she broke them down 😬.

So basically yes newer Risports are relatively wide but if you have heel slippage I’m not sure Risport will be much better than the chorus or edea on that front.

Nimyue

On the Ice
New to these forums but wanted to throw in some personal experience.

My daughter was in Edea for almost 2 years but was breaking her skates down so fast it was brutal on my wallet. Never mind she’s only 10 and growing. Doing doubles up to double lutz some double axel attempts.

We ended up ordering royal pros to trial and they compared somewhere in between her chorus and Icefly in terms of stiffness. However where she was a straight C in Edea, Risport C was too wide for her in both the heel and depth - meaning the toe box was too high (We found length was the same for us). After a month of trying all sorts of adjustments they went back in the box. They were great for her arch though - she has somewhat flat feet/collapsed arches. My friends child has the same size street shoe but much thicker feet and ankles and the Risport Royal fit her nicely but she (friend) prefers the Jacksons because the newer Jacksons have more arch support for her.

Right now daughter is in a pair of Risport rf3 pro in a B - I mean at first these were a much better fit - and they are 8 months old total and she broke them down ��.

So basically yes newer Risports are relatively wide but if you have heel slippage I’m not sure Risport will be much better than the chorus or edea on that front.

Risport has a waaaay different width measurement than any other brand. You need to looks at their width chart because their C is slightly wider than Jackson's D. So an Edea C is a Risport B at least.

jalexandroff

Spectator
Risport has a waaaay different width measurement than any other brand. You need to looks at their width chart because their C is slightly wider than Jackson's D. So an Edea C is a Risport B at least.

I did say we switched to a B after the royal pros.... My daughter registers as medium/average width on most charts but I can’t just go by charts because her foot is thin/bony but full arches. US shop owner and the shop in the U.K. from which I got the Royal Pros said anything other than a standard C is special order (plus her small size equaled non returnable).

I mentioned Jacksons because I know many kids who changed to Jackson for the wide toe box/narrower heel and they may be an option for her - depending on location she may have more options for try on. Half of our rink wears Jackson (except my child).

thesoundofice

Rinkside
Thanks for all your precious opinions.
I've been working in Milan for the past two weeks. Fortunately I had the time to go to a good shop and I tried a few pair of boots. I think the Royals Pro will probably be my next pair of boots. Actually the size in lenght was the same of Edeas, but widht is way more comfortable. I don't even think I'll need any particular adjustment.