Your favorite moments of the season so far | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Your favorite moments of the season so far

dancelion21

On the Ice
Since many of you have already covered the competitive highlights, I'll share some other moments that made me :luv17: and :laugh: -- all with the 3 A's (since I mostly follow the Russian ladies):

1) The ladies medal mix-up at IDF, which resulted in Mariah Bell presenting Aliona Kostornaia with the gold medal :laugh:
2) Trusova's random fall before the start of her SP at Rostelecom, and her trying really hard not to laugh at the start of her program :rofl:
3) Shcherbakova tripping on the carpet during the GPF medal ceremony and nearly falling into Trusova :biggrin:
4) All 3 A's enthusiastically eating their chocolate bouquets at the GPF medal ceremony while Eteri watched from the boards :rofl:
5) Epic Trusova/Kostornaia microphone/poking war :biggrin:

Most of them are in this video:
https://www.instagram.com/p/B6vtMdEJadX/ :love:

OMG, I almost forgot about the medal mix-up at IdF. :laugh: That was definitely one of the highlights of the season. And of course, how can we forget all the chocolate bouquets that they handed at the GPF?

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Recent entry:

Roman winning Canadian nationals.

Here's a guy who has been working hard for years, finally putting it all together. He didn't get bamboozled by the hype surrounding Keegan and Nam. He just went out and did his job. The look of satisfaction as he soaked in the applause was a highlight of the event for me. "Dang right, I just did that. I knew I could."

GoneWithTheWind

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
-your favorite programs
Charlène Guignard / Marco Fabbri free dance
Miriam Ziegler / Severin Kiefer free program
Anna Shcherbakova free program
Kévin Aymoz free program
Haley Sales / Nikolas Wamsteeker free dance
Aleksandra Boikova / Dmitrii Kozlovskii short program
Diana Mukhametzianova / Ilya Mironov free program
Tiffany Zahorski / Jonathan Guerreiro free dance
Miku Makita / Tyler Gunara rhythm dance
Nicole Della Monica / Matteo Guarise short program
Maria Kazakova / Georgy Reviya free dance

-moments that made you cry
Charlène and Marco skating their wonderful Space Oddity free dance so perfectly at IdF despite him not being able to use his hand properly after injury, watching Barbara Fusar Poli crying watching them set me off too!

-moments that made you want to throw your remote through the TV
This is a remote throwing moment due to the way the judging system works NOT because of the skating, as, although Charlène and Marco are my favourites, I really enjoy both of Madison and Evan’s programs this season.
So, my remote throwing moment is: Madison and Evan winning the silver medal at IdF over Charlène and Marco, despite getting Level 1 Finnstep with kpNYNN and Level 2 Step Sequence vs Level 4 Finnstep with kpYYYY and Level 4 Step Sequence in the rhythm dance and losing levels on both step sequences in the free vs an all Level 4 program.

-best moments from your favorite skaters
Charlène and Marco’s free dance at IdF, and kiss and cry reaction to getting brand new Personal Bests.
Piper and Paul finally winning the National title.
Utana Yoshida and Shingo Nishiyama winning a team medal at the Youth Olympics
Diana Mukhametzianova / Ilya Mironov winning silver at the JGPF
Maria Kazakova / Georgy Reviya winning gold at the JGPF

-and, of course, your favorite drama
Not really drama, but I enjoyed watching Anna Shcherbakova retain her Russian title, despite many people not expecting her to win / not hyping her up as much as Alena or Sasha.

Yuzuruu

the silent assassin
Medalist
Recent entry:

Here's a guy who has been working hard for years, finally putting it all together. He didn't get bamboozled by the hype surrounding Keegan and Nam. He just went out and did his job. The look of satisfaction as he soaked in the applause was a highlight of the event for me. "Dang right, I just did that. I knew I could."

Same. This is the best moment for me so far as well.

It can only be topped by:
- Yuzu finally winning 4CC
- Yuzu reclaiming his World title
- Yuzu landing a 4A - this one will also give me a heart attack so I'm not really looking forward to this :(

Seven Sisters

Medalist
Recent entry:

Not only applause, but a tremendous, spontaneous standing ovation from his countrymen. I agree, this was a great moment in skating, one that will stay with me for a long time.

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden
There has been many memorable moments this season. But I am gonna go for just one skater. Sometimes you feel that a skater just draws you in and you are under their spell. It may not be the best skater, but there is something...magical....happening. For me, this skater this year has been

Anna Shcherbakova

It all somehow started with Lombardia Trophy. I watched it live on a crappy stream on my laptop. And I caught myself being very nervous during the warmup for the final group in the free. I was supernervous for Anna! That was the moment I realised she was - the one. The one skater I would follow through thick and thin this season.
Well, Lombardia went well, next up Skate America. The time difference was horrible for this one. I was up at six in the morning. Despite the early hour I just had to have a couple of glasses of wine - supernervous. Anna again was wonderful and I was happy.
Then she got the silver at GPF, wonderful, and I was over the moon over the gold at RusNats.
And I know this weekend...again...I will be supernervous. It's the Europeans.

Go Anna!:luv17:

Ella339

On the Ice
Not only applause, but a tremendous, spontaneous standing ovation from his countrymen. I agree, this was a great moment in skating, one that will stay with me for a long time.

Well I have a new one: Piper and Paul's CanaHair Mishap at Nationals. Tracy Wilson trying to be Super Professional about it and finally unable to contain the giggles. Carol Lane bounding into the K&C after and velcroing her head to Paul's shirt.

They turned an unfortunate and frankly bizarre mishap into a moment I'll never forget.

You guys are making me want to watch Canadian nationals now! Or at least those bits... Is there footage somewhere?

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
your favorite programs

Mozalev’s, You’ll Wake Me, SP
Uno’s, Both SP, FS
B/K, Bond
Sakomoto, Matrix
Chen, Rocket Man
Trusova, Drakarys

moments that made you cry—happy tears
Trusova, FS score at SC
Nguyen, FS ovation, SC
Uno, JapNat win
Sadovsky’s bronze at NKH
Aliev’s Gold at Europeans
Mozalev’s Ode to Grit culminating in Gold in JWC

moments that made you want to throw your remote through the TV
Aliev’s Bronze at Skate Am
Ignatov tipping over on the spiral in NKH

best moments from your favorite skaters
Grassl’s spins, I can’t get over it
Trusova’s preliminary tumble and giggle & Trusova-Hanyu at SC gala
Kozlovski wagging his finger in their exhibition skate before music switch
Pavlyuchenko throwing snow into Khodykin’s face with her skate, exhibition
Kostornaya chewing flowers

and, of course, your favorite drama* :devil:

Trusova’s ‘more quads, more quads, more quads...’

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Dmitri winning the European men's gold. Historical, magical and vindication for all my tireless stanning over the past several years.

arewhyaen

On the Ice
The men's freeskate at the GPF with both Hanyu and Chen throwing it down back to back. That was absolutely epic!

heartyxo

On the Ice
Another new addition; Chock and Bates finally winning back their national title. It took 5 years, and those 5 years were filled with struggle but they finally did it! They've proved the entire fs community wrong! :luv17: and when Evan cried I was just :love:

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Brezina winning the SP at Europeans.

Even though, deep down, whether we admit it or not, we all knew how that would turn out.

I don't care - I hope he treasures that small medal!

SorrySkater

On the Ice
Bradie’s short program, Mariah’s long program, Gracie’s long program, Alexa and Chris’s short program, Calalang and Johnson’s long program.

Smoru Redi

Spectator
Kostornaia winning euros and GP is my highlight so far along with Brezina winning SP at Euros.
Also Shoma training with Lambiel, I think it can be a good coach for him :)

Aliev FP and Aymoz SP made me cry for way different reasons.

And my favourite random moment was Trusova random fall before SP at Rostelecom XD

slider11

Medalist
Lubiov and Charlie Billodeau's LP to Je Voudrai Le Mer. They need a strong showing at 4CCs. I hope they are sent to Worlds!