Your favorite moments of the season so far | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Your favorite moments of the season so far

dancelion21

On the Ice
God, I have to add to this thread now after watching US Nats.

Mariah Bell's performance was one for the ages, and I will never forget watching it. I think it's THE highlight of the season so far, it was just so wonderfully skated and emotional, and it was such a special moment.

Evan Bates getting teary-eyed in the Kiss n Cry and ducking behind Madi to try to hide it was adorable. They've worked so hard and they've had to overcome so much to get on top of the US podium again, and it was very deserved with their amazing program.

noskates

Record Breaker
Had a few favorite moments this season but they were surpassed at Nationals. I really like Nathan Chen but I have to say Jason's SP and freeskate were just the epitome of what I love about figure skating. It was skating in it's purest form and well-balanced between artistry and athleticism. And secondly. Mariah Bell finally putting it all together. Great figure skating moments.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
I’ll wait for 4CC, but Hiwatashi skating both programs clean @US Nats is a clear contender right now for my Season List

Brianne627

Rinkside
-Alexa in the K&C once she realized they won (Chris’s poor arm, lol)
-JASON FREAKING BROWN. Gosh I love him. Just sublime.
-Mariah Bell LP
-Gracie’s return to Nationals ice
-Seeing Karen Chen lay down two decent programs - I just love her skating

rosy14

Final Flight
The winning after two very well skated programmes by Sinitsina/Katsalapov at Europeans, breaking finally the spell and giving hope back to all the other contenders, first of all CHock/Bates.

rosy14

Final Flight
How can I forget ? Seeing Hanyu live in person at GPF in Turin for the first time in my life !

tafattsbarn

Rinkside
I’ll wait for 4CC, but Hiwatashi skating both programs clean @US Nats is a clear contender right now for my Season List

This definitely joined my list! I'm so happy for him after that mess of a grand prix season. I don't care what anyone says either, that fs is a masterpiece >.<

I'd also add Amber Glenn's fantastic short program.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
This definitely joined my list! I'm so happy for him after that mess of a grand prix season. I don't care what anyone says either, that fs is a masterpiece >.<

I'd also add Amber Glenn's fantastic short program.

I am with you—these both programs are exciting and bring joy. I hope to see them clean again in 4CC and in a medal position. Also, in clips, so I can add them to my fav list!

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Mae-Berenice Meite's absolute corker of an SP at Europeans. And her FS. And her EX.

MistyBallet

Spectator
My favorite competition was probably Skate Canada, especially with the dance battle at the end of the gala!

Other favorite moments of mine would be Shoma's happiness at the end of the his SP during JNats, Yuma Kagiyama pulling out a win at YOG, Nam Nguyen's FS (!!). I'm not sure if Yuzuru trying 4A during the GPF is a favourtie moment, but it is definitely a memorable one.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Sean Rabbitt's reaction (and the fans' reactions) after his short program @ US Nationals

Jason's magnificent free skate

Mariah's emotional reaction @ the end of her free skate @ US Nationals.

Chock & Bates - both programs - wow!

I adore Tomoki Hiwatashi! Such a charmer!

Gilles & Poirier - their results @ Canadian Nationals!

Vincent Zhou's impressive results @ US Nationals

Keegan Messing's SP @ Canadian Nationals

Getting to meet Nam Nguyen, Gilles & Poirier, etc. @ the SOI Meet & Greet in Reading, PA (late December)!

MGstyle

Crawling around on the ice after chestnuts
Medalist
This is becoming unfair for anyone, like me, who made a list early on!! Now Euros and US Nat. happened the list needs to be modified, and it will again after next week, when 4CC happens!!!
Isn't it better to have such a discussion after the season??? :laugh:

LadyB

Record Breaker
This is almost impossible to pin down to a few moments. My personal take after Euros and all the Nationals:

Rostelecom - I went for the third time and was finally able to meet my crush in person :love:
Dima Kozlovskii inviting all the pairs on the top podium during national anthem at Euros
SinKats beating PapCiz
When Gabriela Papadakis out of habit went for the top podium and Sasha Stepanova prevented her from doing so!:laugh:
Piper & Paul becoming Canadian Champions
Kevin Aymoz winning bronze at GP Final
Seeing Piper & Paul for the first time live at Rostelecom
Mukhametzyanova/Mironov winning silver at JGPF
Mishina/Gallyamov winning GP France
All the Mozer pairs with involvement of Fedor Klimov as coach qualified for FS at Euros
...tbc

Moments that made me cry: Kevin Aymoz at Euros
Moments that made me throw my remote towards the telly: A certain commentator that everyone loves - apart from me :shrug:

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
My babies winning US National Pairs Championship and getting to meet them.

Getting to give Gracie a dozen roses and trying to tell her what she meant to me.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Updated my post with another high moment of the season: Mozalev’s Ode to Grit ending with gold in JWC. It is impressive that someone this young could respond to this much public ‘you are not measuring up’ with more hard work and more resolve. I enjoyed that story this season from the first gold to the last. :ghug:

Also, pending WC, but Uno’s Challenge Cup DOMO... might make the final list. But I hope for great things from him!