Adult, male protective padding | Golden Skate

Adult, male protective padding

superpax

Spectator
Hi there!
Hope to get some good advise from experts.
I read many posts in the forum, but I couldn't find the information I was looking for.
I'm trying single jumps, but I still do not have trust to land always perfectly :-( and falling down hurts.
I'm looking for:
- knee pads
- pelvis protection
About the first one, I saw there are so many kinds, most of them are the volleyball ones. I hoped to find long pants with pads in, but don't even know if something similar exists.
About pelvis protection, I've heard of people using snowboard shorts with pads, what do you think about? Don't they prevent movements? I also consider the Dainese sportswear and protective gear for motorcycling, mountain biking, downhill and equitation.
Please advise, thanks so much.

celia

Rinkside
I don't own these, but a friend has the Frozen Couture protective pants with knee and butt and hip pads for women and is very happy with them. This is the link for men:

https://www.frozencouture.com/regular-crash-pants-mens/

The company also sells just the crash shorts for men, so that you can supply your own knee pads.
Hope this is helpful, I know it is quite expensive.

WednesdayMarch

Nicer When Fed
Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
I've never worn padding (other than when I was asked to audition for a what turned out to be a ridiculously dangerous tv show and we were made to wear it) but a male acquaintance swears that D30 is the best stuff for impact protection.

superpax

Spectator
Thanks so much.
The long ones are too expensive, and I would also have to pay shipping to Italy.
About D30 protection there's a lot of stuff, I'm going to check, but most of them unfortunately are short ones.

Arwen17

Final Flight
I love the Frozen Couture pants. It allows me to fling myself around like a loose cannon and not have to worry about any bruises.
They are really expensive and I wish more people made pants as good as them, since that would help bring the price down.

It’s just crazy the lack of good stream-lined padding in this sport. Why in the world wouldn’t you wear it during practice to avoid unnecessary damage? I don’t wear it during competitions and I do just fine. It’s not about fear. It’s just about avoiding unnecessary damage leading up to the competition or test session.
I actually take any falls when I’m not wearing it a lot better because I’m so relaxed because I’m so accustomed to it not hurting at all when I fall because of the padding. It hurts way worse if you’re tense.

homericdanger

Rinkside
Sadly can't afford pants with in-built padding right now, but if you can, get em! I use soft volleyball knee pads and gloves with gel padding on the palms.

If your main concern for your pelvic area is movement, you could look into the girdles male ballet dancers wear.

Hope that helps!

gliese

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Volleyball knee pads are the best quality. I will forever defend my volleyball kneepads. 10/10 recommend. Just make sure the padding is sewn in so it cant move around.