Moore-Towers and Marinaro captivate at Canadian Nationals | Golden Skate

Moore-Towers and Marinaro captivate at Canadian Nationals

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Skating to “Love on the Brain”, Kirsten Moore-Towers and Michael Marinaro struck captivating positions in their short program, winning the Pairs’ Short Program this afternoon in Mississauga with a measured throw triple twist and a steady throw triple loop. The duo’s elements unspooled with ease as the confident defending champions signaled that they are top-podium focused to other teams despite Moore-Towers’ step out on her side-by-side triple toe. The 2019 Skate Canada and NHK Trophy silver medalists scored 73.73.

“I am a little bummed,” admitted Moore-Towers. “I don’t usually miss my jumps, so I think there was just a minor lack of focus that led to an unfortunate step out.”

More...

What are your thoughts overall on how the pair teams performed?

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
I was impressed with the top three pair teams. I love Evelyn Walsh and Trennt Michaud such a nice looking young pair team! I was also happy for Liubov Ilyushechkina and Charlie Bilodeau, best I've ever seen them skate. Kirsten Moore-Towers and Michael Marinaro are going to have their work cut out for them in the free. Well done!

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
What an exciting competition! I've never seen Evelyn and Trennt skate so well before, and I'm not just talking about the elements but about the skating and ice coverage. Wow. Lubov and Charlie were also great. Ever since I've seen them for the first time together, they've been improving and they look like a well gelled team allready. That lift dismount keeps on impressing me. More to come on the lifts in the Free! Kirsten and Michael were good, deservedly first, but they've got to fight tomorrow with the three top teams so close together. Surprising stepout for Kirsten here. Great to see Deanna Stellato here. The team-up with Maxime needs some work, but it was still a wonderful showing. I don't think I've seen Lori-Ann and Thierry before, nice surprise. I had seen Justine and Mark (I think at one of the Challengers?), and they definitely have beautiful lines. Really looking forward to the Free Skates!

waterblades

On the Ice
I bet working on Spinning Out really helped Evelyn and Trent. I thought they were amazing and I could believe how much they have improved!