Favourite Sports | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Favourite Sports

merrywidow

Record Breaker
My favorite sports are: Pro Bull Riding, track & field events, & of course, Figure skating. I do follow speed skating to some extent.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
My favorite sports are: Pro Bull Riding, track & field events, & of course, Figure skating. I do follow speed skating to some extent.

Pro Bull Riding?

Well, that's one I wouldn't have guessed. LOL

merrywidow

Record Breaker
Yes, Pro Bull Riding. Figure skaters can only dream of earning what these men do. The season just began on Jan. 1st. Top rider has already earned over $112,000. #2 over $86,ooo. And so it goes. It's an international sport, 100's of competitors. Just as exciting as figure skating.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yes, Pro Bull Riding. Figure skaters can only dream of earning what these men do. The season just began on Jan. 1st. Top rider has already earned over $112,000. #2 over $86,ooo. And so it goes. It's an international sport, 100's of competitors. Just as exciting as figure skating.

All respect to bull riders. I meant that the sports seem to be so opposite of each other.

I didn't realize it was an international sport. It seems so American.

Of course, like I said in another post, I'm getting into UFC, and that hardly seems a natural fit for a figure skating fan either.

sk8kirsty

On the Ice
Hi guys, just letting you know that I won't be active or posting on golden skate for a while because I am taking a little break from the skating world for a bit.
I've just been having a hard time at the minute and skating is sort of affecting my self esteem so it makes it worse when I'm constantly surrounded by skating
I'm not quitting skating, just taking a bit of time off to sort out my life outside of skating a bit
I might be taking a break from golden skate, but I will be back. [emoji6]

Johar

Medalist
Gymnastics
Horse racing
Surfing
Snowboarding
IU Basketball
Diving
Beach volleyball

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Sports, non competitive, doing. Motorcycle touring/camping, hiking, (lost time for canoeing/camping/fishing when retired)
Sports, competitive. doing. Shooting steel cut outs of buffaloes at 800 yards with single shot black powder cartridge rifles from 1874 (BPCR silhouette, gong class)
Caveat. I am fair to middlin but I am a non competitive person. Not like US ice dancer Jennifer Wester who set 17 silhouette record IN ONE DAY.
http://www.skatetoday.com/2005/08/22/annie-oakley-of-the-ice/
Sports, watching. Aircraft pylon racing.
Quote from shuttle bus driver at Omaha USFS nats. "You aren't the typical figure skating fan, are you?"

Amei

Record Breaker

Funny story - my cat's favorite sport is bull riding (most western sports with the exception of calf-roping) he loves to sit on my TV cabinet and swat at the action on TV; he also likes hockey because he can swat at the puck.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Funny story - my cat's favorite sport is bull riding (most western sports with the exception of calf-roping) he loves to sit on my TV cabinet and swat at the action on TV; he also likes hockey because he can swat at the puck.

:rofl: :biggrin: :hap10:

merrywidow

Record Breaker
Smart cat, Amei! I like to say that what figure skating & bull riding have in common is that the competitors fall a lot!! :hslap: