Edea Overture vs. Edea Chorus | Golden Skate

Edea Overture vs. Edea Chorus

Pingoo

Rinkside
Hey all, I recently started skating and am looking for my first pair of skates. First, some info about myself.
. Male
. 55kg (121lbs)
I have read that Edea Overtures would be good for my level as I am looking to start doing jumps shortly, however, I have also read that it is difficult to "overboot" in Edeas and would love to buy some Choruses. There is quite a big difference in stiffness rating, but being young, I would love to save money by facilitating for double jumps as well and not having to upgrade after a short period of time. I will be taking lessons soon and may get advice from my coach but couldn't wait! My local rink will have both boots available to try out but I was looking for advice from you guys :)

Thank you :laugh:

Sibelius

On the Ice
Why do you assume Edea's are the right boot for your feet? Have you tried them on? Coach or fitter recommended?

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
I agree with Sibelius. Please seek out a fitting pro for figure skates and let them fit you with the proper boot and brand for your particular foot and it’s needs.

Also, there is no way you are going to wear one pair of boots up through all your doubles. Boots aren’t designed for all that wear.

Pingoo

Rinkside
You make a valid point. The rink will most likely not have some of the black skates in my size, so which ones would you recommend asking for them to order in in my size before the fitting? (e.g Jacksons, Ridell?)

Elija

On the Ice
Also, there is no way you are going to wear one pair of boots up through all your doubles. Boots aren’t designed for all that wear.

This. You’ll probably go through at least one pair of boots if not several before getting to doubles so no point really getting chorus right now if you’re only a complete beginner. Some people seem to think that booting up will make the boots last longer, but this is not the case.

Sibelius

On the Ice
You make a valid point. The rink will most likely not have some of the black skates in my size, so which ones would you recommend asking for them to order in in my size before the fitting? (e.g Jacksons, Ridell?)

I know about impatience, my skater is 11, but you need to have the fitter look at and measure your feet FIRST. I don't know your shop, but most are reluctant to order boots "on spec" and have to return them to the mfg'r. Here where I am they'll ask you to pay for that. My skater has a wide ball and narrow heel, she fits Jackson perfectly (albeit her last ones were a semi custom). Riedell's normally favor narrow feet. I've no clue about Edea. There's also Risport and Graf. Each one fits differently. Each foot is different. If you don't want to waste money, and I can assure you most money is wasted on boots that don't fit properly, not having to order another pair when your skills require it. Be patient in order to get the right fit, long term that's the only way to get what you need.

tstop4me

Final Flight
Country
United-States
A competent fitter will take various measurements of your feet. Based on those measurements (and your skill level), he will then make recommendations for manufacturers and boot models. Each manufacturer has different target foot profiles.

SmallAminal

On the Ice
Or if possible, maybe consider a fitter that *does* have stock of some men's skates for you to try on. Sometimes the last for men's skates is wider than women's, so its not a straight apples to apples comparison when trying on the "white" skates. When possible, a combination of careful measurement AND trying on different sizes/brands/models is the way for you to figure out what's best for your feet.

Also, if you are just starting out, double jumps are a long ways away for you. I would focus on what is right for your feet today as that is the best way to set yourself up for initial success.