2020 Europeans: Pairs' SP Recap | Golden Skate

2020 Europeans: Pairs' SP Recap

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Aleksandra Boikova and Dmitrii Kozlovskii led a Russian sweep in the Pairs Short Program on Wednesday night in Graz, Austria. Teammates Daria Pavliuchenko and Denis Khodykin and Evgenia Tarasova and Vladimir Morozov are currently sitting in second and third, respectively.

Boikova and Kozlovskii delivered a stellar and polished performance to “My Way”, earning a new personal best of 82.34 points. Their program featured solid triple Salchows, triple twist and a throw triple flip. All elements, including the twist, earned a level 4 with many high grades of execution (GOE).

The team was very excited about their score as well as their clean skate.

“I don’t think we need to concentrate on the points, we need to do our job and we’ll get the points,” said Boikova. “It wasn’t a surprise for us. We work hard and a lot and it’s expected.”

More...

What are your thoughts on the Pairs' SP?

Last edited:

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
I really enjoyed the article. Quite aside from my joy that the Dutch pair managed to achieve the FS, I rather enjoyed this competition. I am a bit of a fan of Minerva Fabienne Hase and her partner Nolan Seegert, so hurray for them. I also loved the Austrians. Great programmes. So pleased to see dM/G skate well. Their fall season was so hampered by her injury. Not anymore (thankfully). Good to see their compatriots are also skating well. Not up to the level yet, but improving. And Zoe and Chris...I love these two. The Brits are really lucky to have them. Finally, the top 3. Nearly died when I saw that lift problem by T/M.....the main issue with pairs, it can be so dangerous. But, apart from the low points and placement, no injuries or horrible falls/concussions. I still love that programme. Daria and Denis did really well, but Aleksandra and Dmitrii stole the show. Perhaps a little too highly awarded, but still the best of the field. Great watch. Allready excited for the Free!

Last edited by a moderator:

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Tarasova was the slightest miscue away from a Cain/Totmianina situation there. I nearly had a heart attack.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
At this point, I feel, like I would love to read somewhere a gruelling technical article that would show the differences in between what BK do and what Sue/Han do, because to me BK look so so good.

I was so happy to see dM/G skating again, lot’s of cheers! And, clean P/Kh is a treat.

But repeat problem on the lift (from SC) for TM was heartbreaking, right when their performance looked sublime...

And, I had so much fun watching ZK and both German pairs.

Great start to the pair competitions!

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
I caught up, and well I watched T/M's lift failure for two seconds then just skipped the rest because my heart couldn't handle things like that. Nope. Major nope.

P/K did well, I'm personally not invested in them but they do have the technical arsenal. Deserving of their place.

I was mighty glad to see both Hase/Seegert and Ziegler/Kiefer do well, I have cheered the former on ever since their lovely Say Something SP at last season's SC and it was just so heartwarming to see the home team producing a good skate. And their good chemistry helps as well.

It was great to see Della Monica/Guarise back in form, and like Jackie Wong it felt a bit weird seeing her not in a bodysuit.

Finally, my beloved ones, Sasha Boikova and Mitya Kozlovskii... Overscored, yes. A great skate, also yes. I love them in bucketloads, yes, yes, and yes.

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Congratulations to Boikova/Kozlovski and their coach Moskvina. I’m a big and happy fan of them.

Really happy for Miriam and Severin(AUT) skating well, looking happy in sixth place. Love that they went back to ’Sunshine on Leith’. Makes me remember their former coach, Ballester, who died too young.

Shout out to Minerva and Nolan(GER)!

GoneWithTheWind

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
Really enjoyed the pairs short and, while I'm glad to see Boikova and Kozlovski in the lead, it makes me even more happy to see Pavliuchenko and Khodykin in second!
I feel sad for Tarasova and Morozov, their short is one of my favourite programs they've done and it was going so well until the unfortunate lift error. I hope they can re-group for tomorrow and skate a free they can be proud of, regardless of where they place overall.
I'm so pleased Della Monica and Guarise skated so well, after her injury and their placements in the GPs, it's great to see them getting their mojo back.
Hase and Seegert were lovely too, they skate 'soft' programs so well and I was glad to see them rewarded with a PB.
Having said all that, Miriam and Severin were my highlight, it was brilliant to see them return to Sunshine on Leith and then perform so amazingly in front of their home crowd! :yahoo:
I really look forward to the free, it's going to be an exciting competition!

icetug

Medalist
Just noticed that the Ukrainian pair Nesterova/Darenskyi was disqualified at Euros. Anybody can explain why? What happened?