New skates | Golden Skate

New skates

luvtoskate49

Spectator
I just bought Jackson Artiste for my daughter and with the thickness of the lining in the middle of the boot ankle area she can't get her heel all the way back in the boot. She has been in Jacksons and never had this problem. Her coach feels the skates she has are too big and needed to go a sized smaller. I haven't had her fitted before since it is 4 hours away to get to someone that does fitting. I looked at her other skates and they have padding in the area. Does it just need to be broken in for it to form better? Now we both have the same size feet and I tried them on and I can get my foot where my heel is back but I have to make sure I push down through the padding and keep my heel back. She is fussy about shoes so skates are even worst with getting her foot in. Any suggestion on the fit of these skates? Is this normal for this skate? I am new at this.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
I just bought Jackson Artiste for my daughter and with the thickness of the lining in the middle of the boot ankle area she can't get her heel all the way back in the boot. She has been in Jacksons and never had this problem. Her coach feels the skates she has are too big and needed to go a sized smaller. I haven't had her fitted before since it is 4 hours away to get to someone that does fitting. I looked at her other skates and they have padding in the area. Does it just need to be broken in for it to form better? Now we both have the same size feet and I tried them on and I can get my foot where my heel is back but I have to make sure I push down through the padding and keep my heel back. She is fussy about shoes so skates are even worst with getting her foot in. Any suggestion on the fit of these skates? Is this normal for this skate? I am new at this.

You really need to take your skater 4 hours to get professionally fitted for her skates. Just because your foot is the "same size" doesn't mean it will fit her, all of our feet are differently shaped etc.

Go drive the 4 hours and get this professionally done.