Cirque du Soleil's "Crystal" | Golden Skate

Cirque du Soleil's "Crystal"

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Does anyone know anything about Crystal? I've heard a lot about Axel but nothing about Crystal. I can't seem to find out who is in it. Since its coming to my town this year, I'm curious about buying tickets. GSers, what say you? Is it worth it? Who's in it?

Kitt

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I went to Crystal last year and enjoyed it a lot. Ben Agosto was one of the designers. Sean Sawyer of Canada was in it, I don't know if he still is. Skating level is very high as well as exciting acrobatics.

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
It's always hard to find out who is in Cirque productions: they emphasize the show rather than the "star power" of the cast. Also, the costumes and makeup are so out-there that I could often not recognize the skaters at all, even when I knew who some of the cast members were.

I liked Crystal, though I though the plot was very weak, and found it confusing that so many different skaters/acrobats played the same part. But the spectacle was amazing, especially the ramps number.

You should look for an earlier thread on GS about the show. Lots of people saw it when it was newer.

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
I watched it two or three years ago when they came to my city. It was very nice, though I have to admit in terms of circus performance, it is always the acrobatics that excites me most. I remember there was a lady who performed both on ice and up in the air.

Does anyone know anything about Crystal? I've heard a lot about Axel but nothing about Crystal. I can't seem to find out who is in it. Since its coming to my town this year, I'm curious about buying tickets. GSers, what say you? Is it worth it? Who's in it?

Arwen17

Final Flight
Axel looks boring as mud to me. But I loved Crystal. No clue what the “story” was, I just love a good show of skating and acrobatics. You don’t need a “story” for something to be visually gorgeous and entertaining.