NBC Sports Gold gotcha | Golden Skate

NBC Sports Gold gotcha

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
(MFarone and I have been trying very hard to come up with a guide to loading and using NBC Sports Gold on Roku. Sadly, GS seems to think there is a bad word in it. I sent it to the appropriate place to contest but havent heard an answer)
But I found another gotcha.

Once you go to replays, chose figure skating, and are obviously signed in to Gold like I am in the photo, you can be offered two choices for an event. As seen here, I have highlighted the "gold" choice. The correct one. If you accidently click on the NBC sports choice, you get a count down timer, a secret squirrel code to put into a bowser, a demand for your internet provider, etc.

No problem. just back out and click on the Gold choice.

Unencombered by the thought process, I would have thunk that once you were logged into GOLD they would have made things easy. Fat chance.
(Update. MFarone has come up with a trick that I have not tried yet but I offer it here)
You open the Roku app and you are already signed in and your name is in the upper right corner with a gold box with a check mark inside it.

You want to go to "live and upcoming" to watch the next competition. Press the left arrow key once and the panel on the left slides open. Use the down arrow key to get to "browse" which is the next to last icon on the list. The last option is "settings" further down. With the cursor next to "browse" CLICK OK. On the screen you will see your subscriptions and the large circle with the skate in it. CLICK OK.

Above the list of Live and Upcoming events you will see 3 small panels or buttons: TV, Both, NBC Sports Gold. Use the up arrow key to reach the line and then the right arrow key to select NBC Sports Gold. Selecting NBC Sports Gold eliminates all of the competitions which are being shown on NBC Sports Network (NBCSN) which is only available to cable subscribers.. Use the down arrow key to get back on the line where the Live and Upcoming events are listed.

All of the upcoming and live competitions on NBC Gold will be listed. Use the right arrow key to move across the list and when you find what you want, CLICK OK.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Who, where and when was this reported?

A few days ago, I tried to put up MFarone and mine's instructions about Gold. I was informed that it could not be posted as it contained a bad word. This happened instantly. It Also said that I could contest the issue by clicking "here". I will try and do it again and take a screen shot. ( I went through the original post again and changed a few things, but I saw nothing bad. At any rate, it posted this time. See below)

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Many thanks to MFarone for helping an old man out.

This is version 1. More revisions to follow. Roku can be frustrating....

Here is what I had to do to get the NBC sports app to switch to NBC Sports gold operation and actually work.
Pretend you just bought a new roku and you just plugged it in and have found the nbcsports app.

1. Go to the NBCSports App on Roku. Click on it.
2. go to "settings" over on the left on the screen using the arrows and ok button on the Roku. (A panel will slide out over on the left. You will become very familiar with this panel.)
3. go to "NBCSPORTS GOLD" using the arrow keys and the "OK" button
4. They will give you a special code on your telly. NOW, You go to an internet device and you will enter the code into nbcsports.com/activate.
5. Your internet device will then ask you to log into NBC Sports Gold on its screen. Once you do this once, you will be good to go. If you got to a screen that asks for your internet provider, you are in the wrong part of the universe.

Below is from MFarone...

Wanna watch a live comp?You open the Roku NBC Sports app and you are already signed in and your name is in the upper right corner with a gold box with a check mark inside it. This means you have previously signed into Sports Gold. You want to go to "live and upcoming" to watch the next competition. Press the left arrow key once and the panel on the left slides open. Use the down arrow key to get to "browse" which is the next to last icon on the list. The last option is"settings" further down. With the cursor next to"browse" CLICK OK. On the screen you will see your subscriptions and the large circle with the skate in it. CLICK OK.All of the upcoming and live competitions will be listed. Use the right arrow key to move across the list and when you find what you want, CLICK OK.
Wanna watch replays?One, press left arrow key to make panel slide out. Use down arrow key to move cursor (that vertical gold line)down to replays. CLICK OK. A whole lot of stuff appears on the screen.Use the right arrow key to move 1 space to the right and then the up key to move 1 space up to "Filter by Sport" at the top of the screen. CLICK OK.The next screen will show a NFL logo with a big gold circle around it. DO NOT CLICK ON NFL. Use the right arrow key to move about 12 or 13 spaces to the right where you will see the Figure Skate with the big gold circle around it. CLICK ON THE FIGURESKATE icon. The next screen will give you all available replays for Europeans and 2020 U. S. Nationals. By Day. Note that you might have to arrow over off screen to the right to get a comp if it was a busy day. If you want to start at the beginning of the competition you will have to scroll all the way to the very end of the list (which is far far away). I also tried other methods to reach the replays, but this seemed like the easiest. In spite of a couple of emails and NBC Sports saying they are working on it, no other replays are available on the Roku app yet. Don't know if they are available on any other streaming device since Roku is the only one I have. All of the replays are still available on the NBC Gold website.

(I agree that there are still not many replays and who knows when THEY might disappear. ??? So we pay for all the replays like SA Vegas but cant use the app to see them?)

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
My fire stick works just fine but I can only access the most recent 5 (or so) replays.

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Me too, but that's not okay. We are supposed to be able to watch a full years worth of content. When Worlds is over and there is nothing new to watch, we will want to watch those competitions again. Last summer I certainly did.