Skaters I am missing - will they show up at Worlds? | Golden Skate

Skaters I am missing - will they show up at Worlds?

viennaskater

Medalist
Zabiiako/Enbert and James/Cipres (Pairs)

Mikhail Kolyada

I know that Vanessa's been busy with other projects, and I know Mikhail had a recent operation, but anyone have any info on these skaters and whether we will still see them this season?

I sorely missed James/Cipres at Europeans and I would not have minded seeing Zabiiako/Enbert either - I adored their programmes from last season.

Anyone know?

Amei

Record Breaker

Nirti

Medalist
She was listed for Euros but withdrew. Now she isn't listed for any competitions in february, even not for the Challenge Cup in Den Haag which would have been a good occasion to skate before Worlds.
Maybe at the Coupe du Printemps in Luxembourg? Or next season...

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
On the 14th of January she posted that she is still in love with the sport and wants to perform. But she's encountered injury after injury, too little training time while she also wishes to train without pain. She posted this as her explanation for no longer being listed for Euros. Although she doesn't mention when she will return, she did mention that her goal is to get healthy and that she will be back. I suspect we'll have to wait until next season. Getting really healthy obviously is the most important thing. I'm really hoping she'll be able to overcome all her setbacks because I miss having her on the scene. She is usually a joy to watch.

Roo87

Medalist
I did hear about it but I was hoping it had been resolved. Hmm, fat chance! :noshake:

It's not something you just sweet under the rug. Mob mentality can be huge in Canada. I'm my province (a little east of Montreal), they once stopped Chris Brown from performing because of the allegations that he assaulted Rihanna (which I don't think he was ever found guilty of). People won't be quiet at World if he tries to perform, they also won't be happy about the coaches being there.

lizardlass

On the Ice
It's not something you just sweet under the rug. Mob mentality can be huge in Canada. I'm my province (a little east of Montreal), they once stopped Chris Brown from performing because of the allegations that he assaulted Rihanna (which I don't think he was ever found guilty of). People won't be quiet at World if he tries to perform, they also won't be happy about the coaches being there.

Chris Brown pled guilty and has spoken openly about the assault many times.

Amei

Record Breaker

Silvia was at Europeans and has been on the grand prix circuit and I haven't seen or heard any 'protests'.

vesperalvioletta

Medalist
Country
United-States
Silvia was at Europeans and has been on the grand prix circuit and I haven't seen or heard any 'protests'.

I think Euros was the first competition I've seen her at since the allegations came out. Personally, it made me uncomfortable.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I did hear about it but I was hoping it had been resolved. Hmm, fat chance! :noshake:

Well they weren't at Euros. I am not sure what their training is like and whether Morgan feels "safe" returning to the States from perhaps criminal charges?

Skater Boy

Record Breaker

I am not familiar with the term in my province - a little east of Montreal. Isn't Montreal the city and the province it is in Quebec though I hear they sometimes want to be their own country. I thought Canada was known for being friendly? I am not sure how wide this concern is known and if people know all the players. Remember GS Forum people are the extremes - real extremes - the odds are the general public at best know Morgan Cipres but wouldn't know or probably care about Silvia, Jon and or ths Vinny person.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Well they weren't at Euros. I am not sure what their training is like and whether Morgan feels "safe" returning to the States from perhaps criminal charges?

The Feds have just indicated they'd like to have a few words with Prince Andrew. So, I doubt law enforcement would hesitate to confront Morgan Cipres if he returns to America.

Now, whether that confrontation is warranted... I won't speculate, but what has been publicly reported is not good. Add that to what has been discussed in another thread regarding a brewing scandal within the French Federation as a whole...

People, our sport needs to fix these problems. NOW.