Jason Brown | Page 749 | Golden Skate

Jason Brown

Ohamyooo

Rinkside
Thank you @Bookseller! There had been one inquiry already, but she hasn't confirmed yet. (She is going with her family, husband and her daughter so the size of my banner wouldn't obstruct other people.) I will wait for her reply but I will put you second in line!!!! :agree: We still have plenty of time. In the meantime you might want to contact the event organizers for more info on fan items!

MGstyle, I just sent you a PM. Bookseller, between the two of us, I'm sure we'll get that banner displayed proudly in Montreal!

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Ohamyooo, where are your seats? We're up above the mezzanine boxes, slightly off center, but first row. Not quite the nosebleed seats, but close. It was the best we could do as we were buying 6 seats and they forced us to all be in the same row. That made it tough to find decent seats.

Ohamyooo

Rinkside
Ohamyooo, where are your seats? We're up above the mezzanine boxes, slightly off center, but first row. Not quite the nosebleed seats, but close. It was the best we could do as we were buying 6 seats and they forced us to all be in the same row. That made it tough to find decent seats.

Bookseller, we're in section 206, row A. It's the short side of the arena, the first row of the lowest balcony section, more or less above the kiss and cry.

Of all the skaters I was most hoping to see skate at worlds when I bought the tickets in the spring, Jason was it. I'm just beyond thrilled that he really will be there! It feels like a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, especially with these programs.

noskates

Record Breaker
Ohhh I'm jealous. Have been to 3 World Championships and they're always awesome. It's so much fun to see the skaters from other countries you've been following and admiring - and to see them in person is special. Be sure and take in some practices if you can (and if they're allowed) Jason in particular is very friendly and approachable, gives great hugs and doesn't mind having his picture taken with you. He's always very gracious and still seems in awe of the fact that he's so loved!

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
The new GOE system does give Jason huge bonuses on the jumps he does and spins etc. WEll deserved when he is on. It is just in this age we would expect a consistent quad. He is fortunate he is Jason Brown as some judges may not mark him so generously in the pcs if he weren't. I thik he is hemost beautiful skater right now out there.

MarkinBerkeley

On the Ice
I can't stop re-watching Jason's short and free programs from Nationals. They're both so beautiful!

Both are great. And do you know he outscored Hanyu's score at Japanese Nationals? He can medal at Worlds even without a quad. Not too likely, but hardly impossible. I do know he can land that quad toe, however. 10-11 points if he does a really good one.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I have to say, I think Jason's quad finally looks possible. Do you remember how his 3A looked just before he finally ironed it out? Going up straight, but the rotation finished on the ice, or the free leg came around with the pick hitting the ice in an odd way out to the side- really, the way his 2nd 3a in the long program looked for a very long time.

That's how his quad in the FS looks to me.

Fingers crossed of course.

When he gets it, he may get several in quick succession.

https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/s...-and-Max-Aaron&p=435268&viewfull=1#post435268

That's how it was with his triples.

Last edited:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I have to say, I think Jason's quad finally looks possible. Do you remember how his 3A looked just before he finally ironed it out? Goimg up straight, but the rotation finished on the ice, or the free leg came around with the pick hitting the ice in an odd way out to the side- really, the way his 2nd 3a in the long program looked for a very long time.

That's how his quad in the FS looks to me.

Fingers crossed of course.

When he gets it, he may get several in quick succession.

https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/s...-and-Max-Aaron&p=435268&viewfull=1#post435268

That's how it was with his triples.

The progress on it is pretty astounding considering that he hasn't attempted it in competition for nearly two years. I think what's encouraging is that he went for it and didn't hesitate.

In hindsight, shelving the 4T for a season might have been smart, so he could have some distance from the technique he used on the jump previously. It probably was much easier to pick up the technique with the 4T this season as opposed to last when he was still trying to figure out how to do 3As with the new technique.

Anyway, I'm really excited for Jason. It's been a hard season, so it's nice to see him have nice skates and come away from a competition with a good result.

Last edited:

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Bookseller, we're in section 206, row A. It's the short side of the arena, the first row of the lowest balcony section, more or less above the kiss and cry.

Of all the skaters I was most hoping to see skate at worlds when I bought the tickets in the spring, Jason was it. I'm just beyond thrilled that he really will be there! It feels like a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, especially with these programs.

We're on the same level, also in the first row. But we're just off center. I haven't gotten my tickets yet, so I don't remember the exact seat numbers. But I think we may not be far from you. I'll check on that. I want to be sure to see the banner.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I can't help but feel like Jason made a huge breakthrough at Nationals. He went for the quad, and stood up on one foot. He enchanted us all with the old familiar magic - but something new, too. He was so confident that I had no fears for any of his jumps.

Oh, I hope so much this was the moment...can you imagine? I dare not imagine. But can you imagine the scores he might get, if he could just pop a double toe on the end of the quad, and do another? Gosh, with even just one his TES could be 100!

kan01

Final Flight
Country
Romania
I can't help but feel like Jason made a huge breakthrough at Nationals. He went for the quad, and stood up on one foot. He enchanted us all with the old familiar magic - but something new, too. He was so confident that I had no fears for any of his jumps.

Oh, I hope so much this was the moment...can you imagine? I dare not imagine. But can you imagine the scores he might get, if he could just pop a double toe on the end of the quad, and do another? Gosh, with even just one his TES could be 100!

He can do it. There's no reason why he wouldn't be able to do it second part of next season, plus one in the short. He just needs to be less nervous or figure out a way to perform well under pressure (it seems he managed quite well this time during Nationals).
Small, but sure steps. He will get better because it's just the way the human brain works-especially having the team of coaches he has. And better for him means perfecting at least one quad in the near future.

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States

We're in section 224 across the Arena. So I'll see the banner across the ice if the Jumbo tron doesn't block my view. Not thrilled to be so high up, but happy that we're in the first row. Throwing stuffies will be a challenge!

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
The progress on it is pretty astounding considering that he hasn't attempted it in competition for nearly two years. I think what's encouraging is that he went for it and didn't hesitate.

In hindsight, shelving the 4T for a season might have been smart, so he could have some distance from the technique he used on the jump previously. It probably was much easier to pick up the technique with the 4T this season as opposed to last when he was still trying to figure out how to do 3As with the new technique.

Anyway, I'm really excited for Jason. It's been a hard season, so it's nice to see him have nice skates and come away from a competition with a good result.

This 4T was the best attempt since 2016 and his rotation looked tight. He said something interesting during his short presser. That the new rotation technique causes him to get lost in the air and he still wasn't sure where he is. I wonder if that might also have been exacerbated by the concussion. But I agree, it looks like he's going to get this and start landing them in competition. 4CCs next week will be interesting.

Will you be at World's this year?

Ohamyooo

Rinkside
We're in section 224 across the Arena. So I'll see the banner across the ice if the Jumbo tron doesn't block my view. Not thrilled to be so high up, but happy that we're in the first row. Throwing stuffies will be a challenge!

Fantastic! We can wave to each other :biggrin: :yay:

I wasn't so thrilled with being so high up either, but I agree that being in the first row should make it a better experience. Can't wait to cheer Jason on!

Tavi...

Record Breaker
I am just so glad to see his confidence back.

I’m guessing that the struggle to master a quad - any quad - despite what I’m sure was a ton of work, must have really hit him hard. All of those guys and little girls who seem to easily master them and throw a new clean one out into competition on their first try. I’m also guessing that for a lot of this time he must have felt like the problem was him - wrong body type or a lack of ability- and not that he was fighting against the technique he was taught. And even when he did realize it was the technique- how frustrating to keep trying and trying and struggling to stick with the new and not revert to the old under pressure.

What was great about this attempt was that he didn’t slow down and that - despite reports that it was two footed - on replay it was clearly landed on one foot. I don’t know a lot about jump technique, but it struck me that despite the speed he just didn’t get quite the height he needed to complete the rotations in the air. Not sure, and not sure how he corrects this, but I’m sure Tracy and Karen do.

Anyway, I’m thrilled that we’ll see him again in about a week, and I’m curious as to what kind of performance level he can maintain after putting so much into Nats. I’m also curious how having Brian there will affect him. Keeping my fingers crossed.

And can I say again how thrilled I am that we have two great programs to rewatch - not just beautiful skating but his happiness in knc. It’s been a long time since that happened, and I must admit I’ve been rewatching a lot! :)

MGstyle

Crawling around on the ice after chestnuts
Medalist
Fantastic! We can wave to each other :biggrin: :yay:

I wasn't so thrilled with being so high up either, but I agree that being in the first row should make it a better experience. Can't wait to cheer Jason on!

I hope you guys can meet, and form a bit of Jason cheerleading club!!! :cheer::hap10:

And I so hope you guys can meet Jason in person as well... I know it is more difficult in a big event like WC, but it's far from impossible!!!

and I can testify this whole heartedly :luv17:
Jason in particular is very friendly and approachable, gives great hugs and doesn't mind having his picture taken with you. He's always very gracious and still seems in awe of the fact that he's so loved!

I met him 3 times and he is just a huge ball of sunshine bursting with warmth and joy. You can actually feel yourself being recharged x100000 by his solar power, I so hope you will get that priceless experience... you won't regret it I guarantee you!!!

Ohamyooo

Rinkside
I hope you guys can meet, and form a bit of Jason cheerleading club!!! :cheer::hap10:

And I so hope you guys can meet Jason in person as well... I know it is more difficult in a big event like WC, but it's far from impossible!!!

and I can testify this whole heartedly :luv17:

I met him 3 times and he is just a huge ball of sunshine bursting with warmth and joy. You can actually feel yourself being recharged x100000 by his solar power, I so hope you will get that priceless experience... you won't regret it I guarantee you!!!

Heaven help me, I think I'd melt into a big puddle if I met Jason

MGstyle

Crawling around on the ice after chestnuts
Medalist
Heaven help me, I think I'd melt into a big puddle if I met Jason

You will... we all do when we have Yours Truly in front of you, seeing him getting excited to meet you almost as much as you are! :love:

slider11

Medalist
I am totally enthralled with the artistry of Jason Brown. It is curious to me, though, that in the US Nationals, judges did not reward an almost clean technical performance with even some of the highest components. I get it that his scores were very high but where were the 9.75 or even 10s in the component performance/interpretation? I am trying to stay objective in that perhaps in Jason's quest to make all the jumps with the only mistake being the under-rotated quad toe, perhaps the judges thought he pulled back just a bit on the artistry. It will be interesting to see if the international judges at 4Cs see this differently and perhaps with less pressure to focus on technical aspects that he gets at least some of the "perfect" component marks.