Spin rocker | Golden Skate

Spin rocker

FigureSkater2625

Rinkside
Country
United-States
Hi! I have been skating since early 2019 and I’m starting spins, what are some good ways to get the ‘muscle memory’ if you will, of balancing on the spin rocker without leaning too far forward on the toe pick, or too far back to go on a flat blade? I have Jackson Mystiques and I think I am having more trouble with going on a flat blade rather than going up on my toe pick.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Hi! I have been skating since early 2019 and I’m starting spins, what are some good ways to get the ‘muscle memory’ if you will, of balancing on the spin rocker without leaning too far forward on the toe pick, or too far back to go on a flat blade? I have Jackson Mystiques and I think I am having more trouble with going on a flat blade rather than going up on my toe pick.

What is your level? Are you an adult, teen?

Because I'm thinking that you have grown beyond using the Mystiques with the Mark II blade which has a very flat rocker.

With more info we can help you.

I will say that there is a sweet spot under the ball of your foot but when you know you know.

FigureSkater2625

Rinkside
Country
United-States
What is your level? Are you an adult, teen?

Because I'm thinking that you have grown beyond using the Mystiques with the Mark II blade which has a very flat rocker.

With more info we can help you.

I will say that there is a sweet spot under the ball of your foot but when you know you know.

I have balanced on it before so I definitely know the feeling, it’s just a matter of me being able to stay on that sweet spot, I am an adult.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
I have balanced on it before so I definitely know the feeling, it’s just a matter of me being able to stay on that sweet spot, I am an adult.

You need stronger stiffer boots than a mystique. You also need a intermediate blade: John Wilson Coronation Ace or MK Pro, which are way better quality than the rec blade you are on now and have a better curved rocker.

FigureSkater2625

Rinkside
Country
United-States
You need stronger stiffer boots than a mystique. You also need a intermediate blade: John Wilson Coronation Ace or MK Pro, which are way better quality than the rec blade you are on now and have a better curved rocker.

Thank you for your input!

Nimyue

On the Ice
OP I had the Aspire XP which has more of a spin rocker than your blades and couldn't spin at all. They were really difficult to learn in. I switched to a Coronation Ace and I had my forward scratch perfectly centered a couple weeks later. I could finally really feel the spin rocker while I was spinning.

If you already know how to spin, you can definitely spin in the blades I had, but the flatter and more subtle spin rocker made it more difficult to learn. It's definitely worth the investment!

hanyuufan5

✨**:。*
Medalist
I just switched from Aspire XPs to Coronation Aces. On the Aspire XPs, I got on the spin rocker properly maybe twice over the course of a year. On the Coro Aces, I started consistently staying on the rocker the second time I skated in them, and at an utter zoo of a public skate where I was scared to really go for anything because some kid probably would have skated over my hand if I fell, nonetheless.

Some people can learn to spin well in Aspire XPs. I suspect those people are slightly superhuman. :laugh: The rest of us mere mortals need Coronation Aces or MK Pros.