Former French skaters come forward about sexual abuse in FFSG | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Former French skaters come forward about sexual abuse in FFSG

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Well, the main audience he and the French skating fed has to appeal to or not overly anger is the people of France and the French government that financially supports/assists them - last check France has refused to extradite Roman Polanski that plead guilty to raping a 13 year old girl in the US and fled to France in 1978 and is still living free in France ..so remembering that - why would Cipres change anything about his behavior, he hasn't even been charged and really there's not a lot about his Instagram that's out of the norm for 20-somethings.

There is a slight difference. Morgan is a public figure and under scrutiny for his conduct. There are marketing and PR issues. Maybe Trump will get involved. He seems to have Canada under his little thumb. His marketability Morgan will affect his marketability with Vanessa. Although he could pull a Ryan Lochte and maybe get some endorsements that can use his "reputation" ie Unzipped or something. You have to look for the silver lining. We just need to wait and see I guess.

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
last check France has refused to extradite Roman Polanski that plead guilty to raping a 13 year old girl in the US and fled to France in 1978 and is still living free in France

Just a note that this has nothing to do with the nature of Polanski's crime. France - as I learned when looking into the Cipres case - never extradites any of its citizens, for any reason, ever. It's literally against the country's laws for them to do so.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
There is a slight difference. Morgan is a public figure and under scrutiny for his conduct. There are marketing and PR issues. Maybe Trump will get involved.

Pffft, yeah right! there's much that could be said about that comment but it will be deleted for being political. But get serious. Polanski is a Hollywood bigwig and the American politicians won't get involved. You can't possibly think that the alleged President would care about an insignificant figure skater, do you?

Lana05

Final Flight
It will be funny if Cipres sues the publications that wrote about it for libel and wins. $$$ :biggrin:
As far as I understood there is NO evidence rn of any crime anyway

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
It will be funny if Cipres sues the publications that wrote about it for libel and wins. $$$ :biggrin:
The evidence is pretty straightforward — the message from his account.

Alex D

Record Breaker
I have honestly no idea what to say to people that do harm to children except, that they should start to realize that their tiny moment of "joy" is a child´s nightmare that lasts for a lifetime.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia

Imagine outing yourself as an abuse apologist like this.

There is evidence of a crime, being the picture sent to the girl's instagram account. How disgusting do you have to be to think a grown adult sending an explicit picture to a thirteen year old child?

FlyingFeather

On the Ice
Pffft, yeah right! there's much that could be said about that comment but it will be deleted for being political. But get serious. Polanski is a Hollywood bigwig and the American politicians won't get involved. You can't possibly think that the alleged President would care about an insignificant figure skater, do you?

Yeah, it's not likely that it is on Trump's radar. He is, after all, dealing with a pandemic. (Also, no matter what you think about Trump, he is factually the President, not alleged. :))

It does not seem to me that Cipres can face many legal repercussions. Even if he is prosecuted in the States (which I don't think is very likely), is the legal case strong enough for him to get convicted? And I also have no idea what the sentencing/punishment is for a crime like this.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Yeah, it's not likely that it is on Trump's radar. He is, after all, dealing with a pandemic. (Also, no matter what you think about Trump, he is factually the President, not alleged. :))

Well, the issue is that he's not dealing with the pandemic, but anyway.

It does not seem to me that Cipres can face many legal repercussions. Even if he is prosecuted in the States (which I don't think is very likely), is the legal case strong enough for him to get convicted? And I also have no idea what the sentencing/punishment is for a crime like this.

I think it unlikely he'd get jail time. Judges never take sexual abuse as seriously as they should, especially what they perceive as "one off" incidents. He'd probably get probation or something.

susanf

Rinkside
While we should not judge and convict I notice his instagram account and his his posted photos he comes off too many as a young athletic good looking male who doesn't mind showing his body - I am really surprise though he is innocent until proven guilty that his pr people at least didn't slowly remove some of those shirtless, open pant photos. In one interview Vanessa talks of Morgan's playfulnessandcraziness/spontaniety. No excuse criminally or morally that he spontaneous showed his genitalia. Whatever the case Vanessa and Morgan as a team will be tainted for many. Now if they continue what will the judges do or say.

That's okay, I'll judge his behavior as deplorable for the both of us.

saturdaysun

On the Ice

He was literally quoted in the original article and didn't even deny any of the allegations (which, yes, are criminal).

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The evidence is pretty straightforward — the message from his account.

It's clear to me also. If what has been reported is true, this is an open and shut case.

I am saddened that some fans want to see him get off the hook on the basis of how much they enjoy his skating. Or support his partner. Or worry about France's chances in the Team Event.... or whatever.

And some posts I've seen, on this or other platforms, seem to suggest that "she asked for it" and that somehow exonerates him. People have lost their minds.