Sondre Oddvoll Bøe | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Sondre Oddvoll Bøe

Country
Norway
Unfortunely no worlds for Sondre this year.

Absolute skating has done an interview with Sondre according to a IG-story and will be published soon. In the meantime, I found this interview from last season. Very enjoyable. Apparently this was Sondre last comp this season. Now he can take some time to relax and then start working with the next season.

DenissVFan

Medalist
I haven't seen the competition but I've checked the results and was sad that Sondre didn't make it. I really hope it finally happens next season! He's now surpassed the SP TES multiple times, so fingers crossed he finally breaks the FS curse. I hope that his coach is OK and that they can prepare for the next season without interruptions.

Btw, I don't speak Norwegian, but I watched his today's insta stories to see how much I could understand. I actually wanted to learn Norwegian in the past, so maybe I will learn something now ;)

DenissVFan

Medalist
Sondre's IG story at IKEA reminded me that I haven't been to one myself in a long time and now I want to go ;)

Country
Norway
Yes Indeed, hope he will find new programs now that he feels well.

As you may know, ice rinks are closed in Norway now, at least until 26th of March, so all training as to be done off ice. I hope the rinks can be opened soon, and training be done under controlled and safe conditions. Not practicing on ice for months would be hard for every skater.

Country
Norway
They will open the ice rinks tomorrow for Sondres club :hap93: I guess if he is healthy he can go back to the ice tomorrow. It has been 47 days since the rink was closed.

Country
Norway
I´m wondering if he has started to plan a new program and if he will start practice it soon. Kinda looks like they have limited time on the ice now, so maybe he now just wants to go back to basic training for a while just to keep it up.

However, the government has now allowed indoor activities, with measures of course, so I think there will be better conditions for more hours on the ice soon.

From what I could see, they are actually not training on the club ice in Asker, but in Hamarhallen and I think they are sharing the rink with other clubs.

Maybe Sondre will go back to the programs that he started with last season? I really loved the SP, so I hope he can stick to it and make it the best.

I know he has asked about music suggestion to new program, but if there will be a new season, there could be better sticking to the old (new) programs and focus on the technical layout for the FS and get the needed TES for WC. Because he has already missed a lot of training time on the ice (Of course, this applies to every skater)

I don´t know. If there not will be a new season, or comps before 2021, maybe using time to make new programs would not be that bad. Maybe even find the perfect piece of music for OG-season.

Well, will there be summer training at home this year?

So many questions, I´m guessing also Sondre has to make new plans and think about how to approach the situation.

For now, it looks like he is really enjoying just being back on the ice - and new relations...?

DenissVFan

Medalist
Still he was able to go back on the ice before many other skaters including those from big feds, so at least there's that. I hope he gets enough ice time in the summer and everything works out for him. I really hope the next season is when we finally see Sondre at Worlds!

Country
Norway
Looks like Sondre has travelled somewhere to skate/train? Looks like he is in Finland, looking at his recent IG story. I guess he will be there for a while training considering travelling with plane in this situation.

From what I could tell, it looks like there is only one ice hall open in southern Norway - and that they still have to share it with other clubs. Which means limited time. I´m guessing Sondre has either travelled to have more training time at the ice or to work with new programs - or both.

I´m happy in this situation that he has the chance to do so.