Brian Boitano under cover at US Nationals | Golden Skate

Brian Boitano under cover at US Nationals

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It is funny, Brian does a great job as reporter “Peter Pepper”. And Jean-Luc staring past him directly at the camera, who *is* this guy, is priceless:biggrin:

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
This is funny! J-L had it figured out almost instantly.

I had to laugh at Terry and Andrea though. :laugh:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Brian Boitano Undercover at US Nationals

:laugh2:

:rofl:

This is the funniest thing I have seen in a long time!

Who knew Brian Boitano had this in him???

Does anyone know whose idea the stunt was?

The reactions of Andrea Joyce and some of the others when they figure out they had been had are priceless!

Total props to Terry Gannon and Jean Luc Baker for figuring it out.

Last edited by a moderator:

ManyCairns

Medalist
Country
United-States
Brian was amazing -- he did an Appalachian accent pretty darn convincingly! Impressed with Jean-Luc Baker and Terry Gannon for recognizing him. I loved the way Brian fished for compliments about himself or for people to recall/recognize him. Spectacular!

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
They showed this on the Jumbotron and made a big deal of how Jean Luc recognized him and Kaitlyn didn’t. This was mostly filmed at the FOFS breakfast. Alas he didn’t approach me. Andrea was too funny...”you can’t go where I’m going” then she started hitting him....

ManyCairns

Medalist
Country
United-States
I'm sorry, I just have to comment again, because hours later, I'm still chuckling about this video. Another gem:

Phil Hersch: I'll tell you the two greatest performances I've ever seen in the Olympics. Brian Boitano in the '88 Calgary Olympics. ... It was like a program for the ages.
Brian Boitano: I remember him being very handsome, very handsome.
Phil: That's not, [a little speechless for a moment] ... that's irrelevant.

Weathergal

Medalist
I'm sorry, I just have to comment again, because hours later, I'm still chuckling about this video. Another gem:

Phil Hersch: I'll tell you the two greatest performances I've ever seen in the Olympics. Brian Boitano in the '88 Calgary Olympics. ... It was like a program for the ages.
Brian Boitano: I remember him being very handsome, very handsome.
Phil: That's not, [a little speechless for a moment] ... that's irrelevant.

The whole video cracked me up, but that part was my favorite! Also loved the expression on Jean-Luc's face as he recognized him.

Props to Brian! He continues to surprise with his talents -- cooking show, home renovation, restaurant / bar owner, and now actor! LOL :thumbsup:

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Ah I am not sure what the point of Brian doing this. Okay funny? Does Brian still skate? Have a cooking show? Is he married? I saw him at someone's wedding in France I think.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
What would Brian Boitano do? He'd go undercover and solicit compliments that's what Brian Boitano would do. ;) :laugh:

mintx

On the Ice
Ah I am not sure what the point of Brian doing this. Okay funny? Does Brian still skate? Have a cooking show? Is he married? I saw him at someone's wedding in France I think.

I was waiting for a link explaining that it was a Kimmel or Fallon challenge.

ManyCairns

Medalist
Country
United-States

My reaction is -- who couldn't see this and not wish they'd been at the FOFS breakfast? It definitely makes me want to join FOFS. And I'm going to guess that was at least part of the point. But also, what a lighthearted, witty, and just FUN thing to do! A breath of fresh air at a pressure cooker event like nationals.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

They have to have a ton of filler when your ticket says 7 pm and the competition ends up starting at 8:30 because teevee. This is better than most. I think the cooking show has been off the air for quite some time. I'm told at every Nationals he has some sort of bar event where he pours drinks; I've never found it, and sometimes he signs cookbooks. Last year he was pouring drinks in the hospitality suite; too bad I don't have an extra 3.5 grand to drop on USFS to get to that level. He said in an interview he gets patch ice and does figures 3x a week. Dunno if that is still the case, or if he skates in any ice shows. He has a prime time Emmy. The Internet says he is not married. The Internet also says his net worth is 18 million dollars.