French Fed. imploding: where will Papadakis/Cizeron finish at worlds? | Page 3 | Golden Skate

French Fed. imploding: where will Papadakis/Cizeron finish at worlds?

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I feel like GPF was their flop of the season, so even though it wasn't a twizzle flop, I don't think we will see another flop from S/K this season.

Losing to G/P will never happen, at least not this season. I'm talking about podium in general, where I think G/P could play spoiler for the bronze since Worlds is in Canada. I think they are more likely to know S/K off the podium than C/B since S/K have a weaker free dance while G/P have scored relatively well on theirs. I also agree that P/C are more likely to lose to S/K, mostly because Gadbois will be pushing for P/C and C/B, but pushing in a way so that P/C finish ahead. Since they're in the same coaching team, I feel like it's unlikely that C/B place ahead of P/C overall unless something drastic happens.

Poor GP I don't know why the judges are so hard on them especially without Weapo and VM. I think they are undermarked generally constantly. I just am worried the judges will lowball them out of top 5. PC are a given to be ahead. Then two Russians and two Americans not to mention the Italians. I don't think the Italians have a podium shot though yes they could beat a russian, American or |GP. The competition is in Canada so maybe gp won't be killed.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
My general understanding is that there's only so much room on a podium and feds can only get so greedy. US fed and Rus fed each have two teams that are good enough for the podium, but getting both teams on the podium would be a herculean effort over the other fed politically. Also, by trying to back two teams equally, that means that they aren't as backed as a team that gets all the fed's attention. Who knows what political games go on in the back rooms, but it's harder to push two teams at once when another fed only needs to push one team.

Well at the GP final both Americans beat the Russians so who knows.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Yes, and because why wouldn't they? Every country's fed essentially will want to push its own skaters. The US is pushing C/B right now, Canada is pushing P/G, and Russia is pushing S/K. Of course they want their own skaters to win, so they will push their skaters. Inflate their scores in domestic meets, build up reputation for them, maybe overscore them on home ice. Not that it's a hugely prevalent thing, but especially in ice dance there's political factoring in the placements.

Who is P/G???