The Rule of Three—New Game | Page 17 | Golden Skate

The Rule of Three—New Game

Seven Sisters

Medalist
2. Had a notorious "skating mom," didn't she?

Sadly, that’s what I remember about her also. But perhaps what we should remember about her is—

3. Her U.S. national title was the first singles' title for an Asian-American or anyone of non-European descent. (via Wikipedia)

This was in—1985!

Next up, the first skaters of Asian descent to win an Olympic ice dance medal—

Maia & Alex Shibutani

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
1. Their fabulous Michael Jackson skate at 2013 SA:love:, 2014 Nationals and Olympics. I know I'm in the minority on this, but I saw it in person at SA and found it so engaging and expressive of Alex's personality and Maia's charm.

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
2. Their Coldplay trilogy, to me the Shibs forever own Coldplay and nothing will convince me otherwise

LadyB

Record Breaker
3. They both provided a lot of background info and lovely coverage with their vlogs and mini films from skating events.

Next up: Alexander Zhulin

LadyB

Record Breaker
2. Also married Usova (and Tatiana Navka—and then there’s Oksana Grishuk, too :))

Not to forget his current wife, Natalia Mikhailova, pregnant for the second time. Hot twizzler, our Sasha ;)

This is just a note (I couldn't help it), please continue with the game!

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Not to forget his current wife, Natalia Mikhailova, pregnant for the second time. Hot twizzler, our Sasha ;)

This is just a note (I couldn't help it), please continue with the game!

So does that count as #3? I'll take that comment as #3, since it does have a connection to him. Here's the next one - Carolina Kostner

LadyB

Record Breaker
So does that count as #3? I'll take that comment as #3, since it does have a connection to him. Here's the next one - Carolina Kostner

No, I would have numbered it and the note would have been obsolete. No worries, I run with Caro:
1. Sometimes dresses up like a frog.

Seven Sisters

Medalist
So does that count as #3? I'll take that comment as #3, since it does have a connection to him.

No, I would have numbered it and the note would have been obsolete.

We can’t just call a man a “hot twizzler” and move on :) I’ll add an official number 3 for Mr. Zhulin:

3. Gave Bobrova and Soloviev a famously odd program which he explained as having come to him in a dream

(I’ll have to look up what year this was, and the music, but the program was epic, and included bird calls as well as some very unusual choreographic touches; Mr. Zhulin was understandably called upon to explain it)

LadyB

Record Breaker
We can’t just call a man a “hot twizzler” and move on :) I’ll add an official number 3 for Mr. Zhulin:

3. Gave Bobrova and Soloviev a famously odd program which he explained as having come to him in a dream

(I’ll have to look up what year this was, and the music, but the program was epic, and included bird calls as well as some very unusual choreographic touches; Mr. Zhulin was understandably called upon to explain it)

Well done!!!
Zhulin did great things with B/S, who I love to bits. Birdsongs and odd seems to be my thing, since P&P had that as well in 2017/18. I’m on the app without emojis, but insert lots of
hearts and a laughing smiley!

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
2. Has a distinctive voice she uses for commentary gigs