The Rule of Three—New Game | Golden Skate

The Rule of Three—New Game

Seven Sisters

Medalist
I enjoy these game threads and would love to see more people participate. To that end, I propose we start a new game.

I call it, the Rule of Three. I name a well known skater and the next three posters all name one thing associated with that skater, whether it be serious (a jump they are known for, a notable achievement, or an iconic program), or less than serious (a fun fact, notorious costume fail, etc) The person who contributes the third item gets to name the next skater to continue the game.

Example: I say Nathan Chen. Possible responses might well include: multiple quads/Yale/“Caravan” SP/coaching via Skype/untucked shirt...you get the idea. Extra points are awarded for humor.

OK, shall we start? As I’m in the US, all such threads are obligated to start with:

Michelle Kwan

Seven Sisters

Medalist
The first thing I think of: Dave Lease’s tagline on The Skating Lesson, hold an edge and look sexy (inspired by Paul Wylie)

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Cinderella Story Silver Medal at 1992 Olympics!, 2nd to Viktor Petrenko, Bring Him Home

Tai Babilonia

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
5-times consecutive US champion, mixed heritage, arabian pulls (tbh I wasn't born when she was active so I had to watch some videos, SBS split jumps need to be a thing again)

The game has started with Michelle Kwan, and guess who looked up to her and succeeded her title? ;)

Seven Sisters

Medalist
5-times consecutive US champion, mixed heritage, arabian pulls (tbh I wasn't born when she was active so I had to watch some videos, SBS split jumps need to be a thing again)

The game has started with Michelle Kwan, and guess who looked up to her and succeeded her title? ;)

Please accept the honor of nominating Queen Yuna, and the game will continue with her. Nice to have you aboard, IChat!

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
2 time Olympic Gold Medalist, Pooh Bear showers! respectful rivalries with Javi & Nathan

Javi Fernandez

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
7-times Euros Champ, Javi's Aerobics, bowling shirts pretending to be costumes

Carolina Kostner

Seven Sisters

Medalist
Prelude a l’apres-midi d’un faune

Wore jumpsuits before they were cool

Lori Nichol

Next up: Evgenia Medvedeva

skylark

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Sailor Moon

Multiple World Record Breaker

Expressive, musical Skating (she said she admired Ashley Wagner's ability to express any music well ... and this was when she was competing against Ashley. Very cool, and very warm.:)

Next up: Madison Chock and Evan Bates

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Us Nats Champions, terrific lifts, These Boots Are Made For Walkin' over Evan Bates

The Shibs

skylark

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Okay, I am going to be the Rules Police. Here's the way Seven Sisters originally planned it to go. If we try it, then maybe we can determine if it helps the intention of getting more folks in here to play the games with us. A worthy goal. :)

I call it, the Rule of Three. I name a well known skater and the next three posters all name one thing associated with that skater, whether it be serious (a jump they are known for, a notable achievement, or an iconic program), or less than serious (a fun fact, notorious costume fail, etc) The person who contributes the third item gets to name the next skater to continue the game.

So, for Robin Cousins:

jumped the longest axel jump (Guinness Book of Records)

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
3. Spinning in both directions

New topic skater - Brian Boitano