Sailor Moon Ice Show - Evgenia Medvedeva and many other skating stars | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Sailor Moon Ice Show - Evgenia Medvedeva and many other skating stars

synesthesia

Final Flight
Country
Germany
Like El, I have no knowledge of anime, but that cast sounds so fabulous that I’d like to see them even if they were only skating to the phone book. I hope that this is so successful that they are inspired to take the show on tour outside Japan!

This looks absolutely fantastic and I wish I could go!! Echoing others and agreeing that this cast is on point! (Only thing better would be Alysa as chibiusa :) ). I’m hoping that a blu-ray will be made available later, considering it’s carrying the sailor moon brand. At the very least there should be a delayed TV broadcast like all of Japan’s other ice shows.

That would be great, but I'm not hopeful it's gonna happen.

Even Hyoen's superb cast, big name director and success (the 2nd installment at the Yokohama arena last year drew a crowd of 45000 spectators over 6 shows) wasn't enough to take it on a worldwide tour or get a DVD/Blu-ray release despite intentions of doing so. Though it was shown nation-wide in cinemas a couple of months after its run, so maybe that option is considered for Sailor Moon too.

I'm surprised that the Sailor Moon show is taking place at the Shin Yokohama Skate Center, which is the home venue of smaller / middle- sized productions like Friends on Ice and Ice Explosion. It has a capacity of 2500. Maybe they'll expand its run or consider a national tour, if ticket sales go well.

Arwen17

Final Flight
As someone who watched the original sailor moon show while I was in elementary school and have remained a fan all these years, I'm very excited for Sailor Moon Ice Crystal. They should name it that.

MGstyle

Crawling around on the ice after chestnuts
Medalist
Coronavirus doesn't survive warm temperatures. The outbreak is expected to subside by the arrival of the summer. I would say the show will go ahead.

zanadude

Medalist
Country
Japan
Coronavirus doesn't survive warm temperatures. The outbreak is expected to subside by the arrival of the summer. I would say the show will go ahead.

That myth was busted by the World Health Organization yesterday. I'll quote from Fox News, since that seems to be a source that you would trust:
https://www.foxnews.com/health/who-officials-global-cooperation-coronavirus-outbreak

Michael J. Ryan, the executive director of WHO's Health Emergencies Program, responded to questions of whether or not the coronavirus might slow amid warmer weather, saying it’s best not to “make that assumption” at this point.

“We do not know yet what the activity or behavior of this virus will be in different climatic conditions,” Ryan said. “[There is] no evidence right now to suggest that that will happen.”

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
That myth was busted by the World Health Organization yesterday. I'll quote from Fox News, since that seems to be a source that you would trust:
https://www.foxnews.com/health/who-officials-global-cooperation-coronavirus-outbreak

Can you please explain what you mean by Fox News being a source “you would trust”? Particularly as you are addressing a poster who lives in Italy?:scratch3:

In any event, scientists are theorizing that COVID19 will act as the flu does and abate in warm weather, but of course, no one yet knows for sure.

https://www.health.com/condition/infectious-diseases/will-warm-weather-slow-down-cor

Just as no one knows whether an event scheduled for June will be canceled. :shrug:

I am looking forward to it, even though I know zip about anime, so I hope it is not.

Last edited:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I'm very excited for Sailor Moon Ice Crystal. They should name it that.

The show already has a name. It's called Prism on Ice, and it was literally on page 1.

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Evgenia Medvedeva so badly wants this to go on that she quarantined herself in Toronto, then flew to Japan, where she is currently quarantining herself yet again. And now she is here during the country's national emergency.

https://news.livedoor.com/article/detail/18080726/ (Japanese)

Do you have a quote from Zhenya that says that she traveled because she "so badly wanted this to go on" or is that the conclusion you drew from her IG post?

Amei

Record Breaker
Evgenia Medvedeva so badly wants this to go on that she quarantined herself in Toronto, then flew to Japan, where she is currently quarantining herself yet again. And now she is here during the country's national emergency.

https://news.livedoor.com/article/detail/18080726/ (Japanese)

Probably more likely that she still needs the paycheck to be flowing in to be able to continue to fund training abroad.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Can you please explain what you mean by Fox News being a source “you would trust”? Particularly as you are addressing a poster who lives in Italy?:scratch3:

In any event, scientists are theorizing that COVID19 will act as the flu does and abate in warm weather, but of course, no one yet knows for sure.

https://www.health.com/condition/infectious-diseases/will-warm-weather-slow-down-cor

Just as no one knows whether an event scheduled for June will be canceled. :shrug:

I am looking forward to it, even though I know zip about anime, so I hope it is not.

The Fox article quote mearly states "its best not to make that assumption" which is a good statement. Looking at the time line of the last SARS outbreak, as well as cold and flu virusus, (and one third of all cold viruses are covids) as well as the statements of the Korean Dr. Fauci, the virus loves 41-50 degrees and 30 percent humidity. The Virus wont like Spokane in the Summer, is my bet. But when concerts, cruise ships, air shows, shooting competitions, Camp grounds , etc are back open is another matter.

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia

That's news to all of us here in the Southern Hemisphere, where the virus is well-established and killing people on the daily. Or do you think it's snowing in Brazil right now?

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The Fox article quote mearly states "its best not to make that assumption" which is a good statement. Looking at the time line of the last SARS outbreak, as well as cold and flu virusus, (and one third of all cold viruses are covids) as well as the statements of the Korean Dr. Fauci, the virus loves 41-50 degrees and 30 percent humidity. The Virus wont like Spokane in the Summer, is my bet. But when concerts, cruise ships, air shows, shooting competitions, Camp grounds , etc are back open is another matter.

Coyote, we have other threads to discuss the virus itself, and this was an old quote. :) The query was about why the OP referred to this particular news source as trustworthy *for another poster*. It seemed to me to be making assumptions about another poster that were unwarranted, but I always try to ask first. (not saying I always do, but I try).

And it has little to do at this point with the Sailor Moon show. :biggrin:

Last edited:

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Well, from the latest news, the venue/ice rink for the show has closed, even for private practice, for an unknown length of time in line with the government guidelines.

zanadude

Medalist
Country
Japan
Do you have a quote from Zhenya that says that she traveled because she "so badly wanted this to go on" or is that the conclusion you drew from her IG post?

I would say it's a valid inference about something that you're willing to endure quarantine twice over. Certainly nobody would fault her if she took shelter in a comfortable place instead.