Sailor Moon Ice Show - Evgenia Medvedeva and many other skating stars | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Sailor Moon Ice Show - Evgenia Medvedeva and many other skating stars

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
The article does not explain what all this has to do with a prism, though. I had to look it up. Evidently "Prism Power" is an incantation that Sailor Moon's Clark Kent identity uses to turn into Sailor Moon. :)

Getting complex! All I really understand is my puppy....:laugh2:

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I would say it's a valid inference about something that you're willing to endure quarantine twice over. Certainly nobody would fault her if she took shelter in a comfortable place instead.

Thank you for clarifying; I thought I might have missed a quote somewhere.

Fluture

Record Breaker
Thank you for clarifying; I thought I might have missed a quote somewhere.

Actually, I‘m pretty sure she didn‘t want to go to Japan. She explained herself in an instagram story and explicitly wrote: “stay at home if you have the opportunity. Because I hadn‘t.“ Doesn‘t look like someone who‘s delusional enough to believe the show would still take place after basically every event had been cancelled already. Sounds more like she had to go for some reason (maybe since the show wasn‘t officially canceled, the contract required her to be there. Or something else we don‘t know of) but it must be private, otherwise she‘d have revealed it already. I‘m not happy about her going, I think traveling in a situation like this is totally wrong but I don‘t want people to make this look like a holiday, or a “trip“ for her for no other reason than her childishly clinging onto the wish of this show still taking place. Especially not when her own words indicated something else.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Tokyo is under lockdown, more cities will likely follow in the effort to contain the spread of the virus. Japan with its large population of elderly, often institutionalised in commercial care homes, which have proven a death trap in many other societies, is vulnerable.

The Yokohama rink 'Kose Shin' has been shut down. And ticket sales for the show have been put on hold. Depending on the effect of the measures, a cancellation is likely to follow?

Even when the actual show is two months away. An ice dance tournament immediately following the show has already been precautionary cancelled.

zanadude

Medalist
Country
Japan
Tokyo is under lockdown

That's quite false. This is nothing but requests for people to refrain from non-essential travel, and from tomorrow, requests for certain businesses to close. There is nothing that is "locking" anyone down in Tokyo. Quite a lot of people are still out and about.

Tavi...

Record Breaker
That's quite false. This is nothing but requests for people to refrain from non-essential travel, and from tomorrow, requests for certain businesses to close. There is nothing that is "locking" anyone down in Tokyo. Quite a lot of people are still out and about.

The prime minister has declared a state of emergency there and in 6 other prefectures. By law he can’t order a shut down in the sense that US states other countries do, so they have to rely on “requests” to citizens. Major tourist attractions across the country have closed. Japan’s doors are shut to most foreign visitors. What’s your point?

zanadude

Medalist
Country
Japan
The prime minister has declared a state of emergency there and in 6 other prefectures. By law he can’t order a shut down in the sense that US states other countries do, so they have to rely on “requests” to citizens. Major tourist attractions across the country have closed. Japan’s doors are shut to most foreign visitors. What’s your point?

I don't know what your point is. Doors being shut to foreign visitors is "locked out", not "locked down".

My point is simply that it's not a lockdown for the people that are here. I know that because I live here.

Tavi...

Record Breaker
I don't know what your point is. Doors being shut to foreign visitors is "locked out", not "locked down".

My point is simply that it's not a lockdown for the people that are here. I know that because I live here.

I realize you live there. But the truth is, the only real lock downs occur in prisons and other places where you can physically confine people. Here in the US there are shelter in place/stay home orders in most states, but ultimately those orders depend for their success on people’s willingness to comply. Although many people do comply, others simply defy them. In my state, some parks and city streets are more than normally crowded with people walking and jogging. Some huge churches are still holding services with 1000+ people packed into confined areas and claiming the religious freedom to do so. Some people hate government and are simply defying the orders.

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Sad:sad21: but glad that they made the decision sooner rather than later. I hope that they keep the same cast.

From what I've read, they have said there may need to be changes - as with SOI Yokohama, which has also been postponed rather than cancelled (they did say for the latter that once the cast is announced people can apply for refunds), I'm not sure what point the sale of Sailor Moon tickets are at -?)

I guess it will depend on whether the cast is available, a year is a long time in skating...

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Hardly a surprise.

Now for the next question: what happens to Evgenia, since she so foolishly went to Japan? Is she stuck there now? Will Canada allow her back in?

I believe she was confirmed as still being a Russian Olympic Committee ambassador for the the 2020/21 Tokyo Summer Olympics.

When this was the most important reason to leave Canada, or there was some other life-or-death reason to enter Japan, she only knows herself.

Perhaps there is still some ice available to her now her self-quarantine has ended, and some IOC obligations still need to be fulfilled?
Or perhaps the costs of staying in Japan are more favourable than Toronto?

zanadude

Medalist
Country
Japan
Or perhaps the costs of staying in Japan are more favourable than Toronto?

That seems unlikely, unless she's got legions of fans in Japan that are footing her bills (which is not out of the realm of possibility)

surimi

Onward and forward, Sota!
Record Breaker
Hardly a surprise.

Now for the next question: what happens to Evgenia, since she so foolishly went to Japan? Is she stuck there now? Will Canada allow her back in?

I wouldn't throw the word 'foolishly' around so carelessly. Someone suggested that she might have been legally bound by a contract since the show wasn't officially cancelled back when she went. That sounds quite plausible to me.